Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 806

post #12076 of 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post

I'm suddenly in the mood for fried chicken.

 

 

No not that fired chicken from "K fry C"

post #12077 of 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

 

 

Matrix Reloaded, 8.5/10

Matrix Revolutions, 8.5/10

 

oooof

post #12078 of 15552

"The Dark Knight Rises" [8.8/10]: I didn't like it as much as "The Dark Knight." With the exception of Anne Hathaway, who I thought was great, I liked the supporting performances in the original Christian Bale version (how could you beat Heath Ledger's "Joker"?) Looked and sounded great on blu-ray. I haven't read anything so I'm not sure what to make of the ending in terms of a third part, but I will be looking forward to whatever form it takes...

post #12079 of 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

oooof

 

Surprised me too. I certainly wouldn't have given these rating after the first or second viewing!

post #12080 of 15552

Matrix - 9.5/10

Reloaded - 9/10 (I actually really enjoyed it)

Revolutions - 7/10

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

Surprised me too. I certainly wouldn't have given these rating after the first or second viewing!

post #12081 of 15552

I judst rewatched TDKR. I'm still struggling to see how people could think that Joker is a better villain than Bane. Watch these two scenes, and tell me he isn't the baddest mo'fo to grace a screen.

 

 

 

 

 

post #12082 of 15552

saw expendables.. great gore. 6/10 for gore.

post #12083 of 15552

What makes the Joker such a good villain is the lack of direction. Bane has a message to send, and a goal to achieve... (As most villains do)

 

The Joker just wants to watch the world crumble to the ground by whatever means he can come up with. That's what's so scary about him. 

post #12084 of 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

What makes the Joker such a good villain is the lack of direction. Bane has a message to send, and a goal to achieve... (As most villains do)

 

The Joker just wants to watch the world crumble to the ground by whatever means he can come up with. That's what's so scary about him. 

 

Right, but he is personally limited in what he can do. 

 

Bane, on the other hand, is basically the Anti-Batman. He's stronger, and just as smart and resourceful. They were pretty much cut from the same cloth.

 

Joker gets his credit, but I think Bane takes the cake.

post #12085 of 15552

The Matrix: 8/10

The Matrix Reloaded: 6/10

The Matrix Revolutions: 4/10

 

:-P

post #12086 of 15552

Thinking it over again I'd probably put Revolutions at a 5.5...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

The Matrix: 8/10

The Matrix Reloaded: 6/10

The Matrix Revolutions: 4/10

 

:-P

post #12087 of 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

Surprised me too. I certainly wouldn't have given these rating after the first or second viewing!

 

I'll probably give them another chance at some point, but I was profoundly disappointed with the 2nd and 3rd offerings. The Matrix was a nearly perfect film, IMO. I've seen it more times than I can count and I love it every time. The subsequent films just seemed really forced to me and caused me to take a very cynical stance toward the Wachowskis. 

post #12088 of 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I judst rewatched TDKR. I'm still struggling to see how people could think that Joker is a better villain than Bane. Watch these two scenes, and tell me he isn't the baddest mo'fo to grace a screen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1000

 

Why is there a debate here? Just ask Batman.

post #12089 of 15552

All three matrix movies are good movies. Absolutely insane somebody would rate the last move as low as 5,5 that actually liked the first one.

post #12090 of 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

All three matrix movies are good movies. Absolutely insane somebody would rate the last move as low as 5,5 that actually liked the first one.

I understand it. The first movie introduced a great plot, great cinematography, great acting, special effects and music. By the time the last two came around it was a little redundant as well as a parody of itself. Gone was some of the magic, even though the acting and special effects were there, number one is hard to top.

 

They end up filling out concept ideas in the later movies. These later movies failed at introducing any new concepts as strong as the first movie. I still like em though.

 

The Matrix: 10/10

The Matrix Reloaded: 6/10

The Matrix Revolutions: 6/10


Edited by Redcarmoose - 12/24/12 at 4:27am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched