Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 797

post #11941 of 15871


Extracted (2012) 7/10

Cerebral sci-fi like the Matrix minus the action.
Inventor discovers a way to watch someone's memory and gets trapped inside a criminal's mind.
Was all right tonight.
post #11942 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

I've heard the same comments...so far so good, but it wouldn't be the first time that a film started off well and then went into the crapper. I'm hoping that doesn't happen, cause I love the way they've tied this into the jason bourne character. Also has a fantastic cast - Renner, Edward Norton, Rachel Weisz, David Strathairn, etc. Will probably get to sit down and finish it before midnight, so will post thoughts before I hit the sack.

I'm with you on the first three films for sure...I've seen them each a handful of times, and probably seen the first one at least ten lol
We sure share a lot of common views on movies... I have also seen the first one like 10 times. I still remember seeing the movie for the first time. I didn't know much about it or what to expect and when he kicked those two cops' asses when he was sleeping on the park bench out of nowhere I was like "this film has my attention now. Im hooked!".....
post #11943 of 15871

The Bourne Legacy was alright throughout. I was sorely disappointed by the 15 minute bike chase. 

post #11944 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


We sure share a lot of common views on movies... I have also seen the first one like 10 times. I still remember seeing the movie for the first time. I didn't know much about it or what to expect and when he kicked those two cops' asses when he was sleeping on the park bench out of nowhere I was like "this film has my attention now. Im hooked!".....

 

lol, that's funny....I remember exactly when I saw that same scene. I was with my ex-wife (at the time she was just my g/f), her brother, and his g/f. We were all trying to bond, so to speak, and I remember the looks we all gave each other right after that park bench scene. I've loved pretty much every minute of the franchise since! 

 

I just updated/finished my review of the film...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/266841/rate-the-last-movie-you-watched/11925#post_8950050

post #11945 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

The Bourne Legacy was alright throughout. I was sorely disappointed by the 15 minute bike chase. 

 

I liked it much more than you did, I think, but I felt the bike chase did linger on a bit. 

post #11946 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

The Bourne Legacy was alright throughout. I was sorely disappointed by the 15 minute bike chase. 


I found it alright as an action flick, especially the house siege and the bike chase, but the jason bourne theme is kinda re-used in the movie so you already know the ending.

post #11947 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aces View Post


Extracted (2012) 7/10
Cerebral sci-fi like the Matrix minus the action.
Inventor discovers a way to watch someone's memory and gets trapped inside a criminal's mind.
Was all right tonight.

 

 

I'd like to see this, but it must be one heck of an obscure film....can't find it anywhere. Did you see this in the theater? 

post #11948 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

I liked it much more than you did, I think, but I felt the bike chase did linger on a bit. 

It went on way to long, but what bothered me even more than the length of the chase....

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

LARX gets killed by a swift kick from Marta. Seriously, that's how you end a super-soldiers role...

 

 

I digress.

post #11949 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

lol, that's funny....I remember exactly when I saw that same scene. I was with my ex-wife (at the time she was just my g/f), her brother, and his g/f. We were all trying to bond, so to speak, and I remember the looks we all gave each other right after that park bench scene. I've loved pretty much every minute of the franchise since!
Sir you have truly great taste, what can I say smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
I am going to wait to hit that link till I see it. Mrs. Holliday wants to see it with her fam next weekend. So I wait.
post #11950 of 15871

Dark Knight Rises - 7.75/10 (I'm being very nice here)

 

Entertainment Value: 5/10

Doom and Gloom: 10/10

Acting: 10/10

Eye Candy: 10/10

Script: 5/10

Pretentiousness: 10/10

Originality: 5/10

Dialogue: 6.5/10

Action Scenes: 10/10

Seriousness: Way too serious

Bad guy: C-

 

(I'm not drunk, I swear)

 

Few comments...

 

Bane is a rather lame character. Seems inspired by Big Van Vader the wrestler. Director probably told him to walk around and act like one. Then the dialogue telling us why he turned out the way he did is good for a laugh! I never knew the movie would turn out to be just like an episode of Scooby Do! I thought they would take the easy way out and Bane would fall into a hole at the end and die.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

What they did was close enough.

 

 

I like all the scenes with Levitt and Hathaway. Weird. Need more of them.

 

The movie took itself like 10X too seriously. Sucked the life out of the whole movie and it was not really too much fun to watch. Felt like a soap opera at times. The middle part felt like it had the tone of a really depressing war movie or a Holocaust movie. I was thinking next time they could make the bad guy like Hilter or one of those nasty guys from the Hostel or Saw films. Screw having any sort of fun with a super hero movie. He's called the Dark Knight. Should be doom and gloom all the time!

 

Overall I liked the first and last parts. Everything else was bad. Especially Bane's lame speeches. The climbing scene had me laughing, so I guess that's a plus! Reminds me of the poetry reading in Skyfail.

 

BTW why is every action movie ripping off all the news headlines and video games?

 

Oh yeah...the soundtrack is the most overblown thing i've ever heard. Way overkill and it all sounds rather muffled.


Edited by tdockweiler - 12/12/12 at 10:09pm
post #11951 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

Dark Knight Rises - 7.75/10 (I'm being very nice here)

 

Entertainment Value: 5/10

Doom and Gloom: 10/10

Acting: 10/10

Eye Candy: 10/10

Script: 5/10

Pretentiousness: 10/10

Originality: 5/10

Dialogue: 6.5/10

Action Scenes: 10/10

Seriousness: Way too serious

Bad guy: C-

 

(I'm not drunk, I swear)

 

Few comments...

 

Bane is a rather lame character. Seems inspired by Big Van Vader the wrestler. Director probably told him to walk around and act like one. Then the dialogue telling us why he turned out the way he did is good for a laugh! I never knew the movie would turn out to be just like an episode of Scooby Do! I thought they would take the easy way out and Bane would fall into a hole at the end and die.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

What they did was close enough.

 

 

I like all the scenes with Levitt and Hathaway. Weird. Need more of them.

 

The movie took itself like 10X too seriously. Sucked the life out of the whole movie and it was not really too much fun to watch. Felt like a soap opera at times. The middle part felt like it had the tone of a really depressing war movie or a Holocaust movie. I was thinking next time they could make the bad guy like Hilter or one of those nasty guys from the Hostel or Saw films. Screw having any sort of fun with a super hero movie. He's called the Dark Knight. Should be doom and gloom all the time!

 

Overall I liked the first and last parts. Everything else was bad. Especially Bane's lame speeches. The climbing scene had me laughing, so I guess that's a plus! Reminds me of the poetry reading in Skyfail.

 

BTW why is every action movie ripping off all the news headlines and video games?

 

Oh yeah...the soundtrack is the most overblown thing i've ever heard. Way overkill and it all sounds rather muffled.

LOL!

 

That should sum up your feelings on the movie.

 

Tough critic, for sure.

post #11952 of 15871
With all of the Dark Knight Rises hate in this thread I guess I am on a little head-fi island over here of someone who liked that movie quite a lot.
post #11953 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

With all of the Dark Knight Rises hate in this thread I guess I am on a little head-fi island over here of someone who liked that movie quite a lot.


I liked it as well. 

post #11954 of 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

With all of the Dark Knight Rises hate in this thread I guess I am on a little head-fi island over here of someone who liked that movie quite a lot.

Shove over, man....make some room on that island!

 

My only criticism pertained to the ending, but I got over it. Overall I enjoyed the film quite a lot....not as much as the 2nd one, but nearly. 

post #11955 of 15871
Lol. Me, proton and focker chillin on our little DK Rises island with a corona. 29791769_drinking-2.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched