Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 771

post #11551 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Probably one of the most riveting scenes then.

Oh you forgot the whole point of the movie... He has to make this rifle for some insane amount of money.... If I only had her number I could have texted her directions to the nearest sporting goods store to pick one up.

I'm not sure who's trolling whom anymore...or if anybody's trolling anyone.

post #11552 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I just watched "The Amazing Spider-Man". I was going to give it an 8/10, but Emma Stone trumps Kirsten Dunst in my eyes, so 9/10. An thoroughly enjoyable movie.

 

In all fairness, I haven't watched the first two Spidey movies in the previous series in quite a while, so one of these days I'll give them another go. Never saw the third one.....heard so many negative reviews that I stayed away.

 

 

Couldn't agree more about the Emma vs Kirsten thing....Emma Stone is a charmer and very easy on the eyes. I never really found Kirsten all that appealing, and according to someone who went to school with her (daughter of a friend of mine), she's a major biatch. Could be a jealousy thing, but his dtr isn't really the type. Anywho....

 

Glad you liked the film. What you heard about Spidey 3 was true, IMO....I thought it was awful. The movie lacked focus and any sort of compelling story. 

 

I really never expected to like this new one, but I found it a much more realistic adaptation - well, as realistic as you can get for a movie based on a comic. Girly man Garfield has grown on me a little, and the supporting cast was solid. 

post #11553 of 15965

Anyone heard of this one? A friend of mine on another site told me about it...apparently it's a documentary that sort of plays more like a film, but it's a true story and supposedly very intriguing. 

 

Looks like it has a release date for dvd/bluray/streaming of 1/22/13

 

This is already a "must-see" for me....looking forward to checking it out. 

 

 

post #11554 of 15965

You should warn the poor people that The Human Condition is also a nearly ten-hour long movie. :-P A very good movie, yes. Just a *very* long one. Thumbs up on all the other recommendations though. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post


Now you just need to watch two of the the director's other films.

There is "Samurai Rebellion" and then "The Human Condition".

 

The "Human Condition" is one of the best movies ever made. I can't imagine anyone would be the same after watching the whole movie.

After I saw it I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks.

 

I also love the films of Kenji Mizoguchi like "Sansho the Bailiff".

 

If you liked "Kwaidan" I bet you'd love Onibaba.

 

As for The American, I realize that it's a very unpopular movie. Personally though, I'd take something like it over Bourne or Bond any day, and I like Bourne and Bond. I honestly think part of the reason The American is so widely hated is because the advertising campaign for it was *very* misleading--it led everyone to believe it would be the next Bourne, when, as someone else already stated, almost every 'action' scene in the film is in the movie's trailer. Ebert compared it to Le Samourai--a very accurate comparison.

post #11555 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

In any case maybe a moive for the younger crowd who are not true alien fans.
 

I'm 42 and a huge Alien fan. I love Prometheus. Heck I even liked Resurrection.

 

The fact that Prometheus was Directed by Ridley Scott made it that much better.

I think an "Alien" reboot is needed to get back to the original story and cut out all AVP BS(not original to the Alien story line)...

You really have to pay attention to some details in this movie.

You need to do some google searches on "alien time lines" and check out some fan based sites to see what was going on in Prometheus(way to much info to go into here), but as a teaser the crashed ship the crew found on LV-426 in Alien was quite a bit older(1,000,000 years I believe) than the ships and installations found on LV-223(Prometheus). The Xeno that "pops" out of the engineer in Prometheus is not the 1st "alien". If you look when Dr. Holloway shines his flashlight on the back wall you see the carving of a xeno(one of the old school xenos) so that biological weapon already exists and it's on the ship that crashed on LV-426 and where it was heading is anyones guess.

I think a lot of people where expecting a movie like Alien(s) where people are being impregnated while others are running around shooting the "bad guy" and were disappointed when it didn't happen. I think to many people where looking for a traditional action/sci-fi horror flick and were bummed when it went way deeper than they wanted it to.

This movie is for the true Alien franchise geek....


Edited by RingingEars - 11/19/12 at 12:34pm
post #11556 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

 

As for The American, I realize that it's a very unpopular movie. Personally though, I'd take something like it over Bourne or Bond any day

 

 

blink.gif  Say WHAT! lol

post #11557 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

 

 

As for The American, I realize that it's a very unpopular movie. Personally though, I'd take something like it over Bourne or Bond any day, and I like Bourne and Bond. 

 

 

biggrin.gif

(not a serious drug condemnation...)

post #11558 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingingEars View Post

I'm 42 and a huge Alien fan. I love Prometheus. Heck I even liked Resurrection.

The fact that Prometheus was Directed by Ridley Scott made it that much better.
I think an "Alien" reboot is needed to get back to the original story and cut out all AVP BS(not original to the Alien story line)...
You really have to pay attention to some details in this movie.
You need to do some google searches on "alien time lines" and check out some fan based sites to see what was going on in Prometheus(way to much info to go into here), but as a teaser the crashed ship the crew found on LV-426 in Alien was quite a bit older(1,000,000 years I believe) than the ships and installations found on LV-223(Prometheus). The Xeno that "pops" out of the engineer in Prometheus is not the 1st "alien". If you look when Dr. Holloway shines his flashlight on the back wall you see the carving of a xeno(one of the old school xenos) so that biological weapon already exists and it's on the ship that crashed on LV-426 and where it was heading is anyones guess.
I think a lot of people where expecting a movie like Alien(s) where people are being impregnated while others are running around shooting the "bad guy" and were disappointed when it didn't happen. I think to many people where looking for a traditional action/sci-fi horror flick and were bummed when it went way deeper than they wanted it to.
This movie is for the true Alien franchise geek....

LMAO will the trolling ever stop.

It starts out talking about how it is nothing like the original alien films so that is why "people" were disappointed then closed in BOLD that it's for the true Alien fan.

Since this seems to be a popular activity to argue with me on why I don't like the movie. I will elaborate further on why this movie does not suit MY personal tastes. I must admit I rushed out to the theater to see this one. I was excited, and especially after seeing some of the trailers. I cannot STAND inconsistencies in a film. I don't mind things being far fetched or otherwise magical but at least be consistent about it.

The whole surgery thing was only one example. But these little buggy things. In the beginning of the movie they overtake the aliens body and multiply at a mad rate. They do the same at different points of the movie too. But when mr boyfriend get's them they conveniently take a really long time to multiply. And he then impregnates the girl without infecting her with bugs. The bugs then decide to make a baby inside her instead of killing her. Of course she survives all of this... At that scene he dies why didn't they just infect and kill everyone too? Ok I know these are smart bugs. A biological weapon that knows a guy is in love and takes over his sperm instead of killing him knowing in advance these little bugs will get a chance to make a giant octopus inside of his girlfriend.

It may have roots in the original but that is why I hate on it. Could have and should have been much, much better.
post #11559 of 15965

No The American is a pretty good movie. Nothing seriously wrong with it unless you expect action.

 

Last movie I saw whas No way out! with Gene Hackman and Kevin Coster

 

weak 4/10. I really didn´t like gene hackmans psychopath dog. He came across as Jim Carreys father or something when he was supposed to be psychotic and eeeevil.

Maybe if I didn´t get that Jim Carrey picture in my head it would have worked better though.

 

Acting otherwise is okay but the story and direction is so so and the twist was nothing special.

Watch the Conspiracy if you want to see a good conspiracy movie from the 80s. Julia Roberts vs this chick is a TKO in first round too.

post #11560 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingingEars View Post

I'm 42 and a huge Alien fan. I love Prometheus. Heck I even liked Resurrection.

 

The fact that Prometheus was Directed by Ridley Scott made it that much better.

I think an "Alien" reboot is needed to get back to the original story and cut out all AVP BS(not original to the Alien story line)...

You really have to pay attention to some details in this movie.

You need to do some google searches on "alien time lines" and check out some fan based sites to see what was going on in Prometheus(way to much info to go into here), but as a teaser the crashed ship the crew found on LV-426 in Alien was quite a bit older(1,000,000 years I believe) than the ships and installations found on LV-223(Prometheus). The Xeno that "pops" out of the engineer in Prometheus is not the 1st "alien". If you look when Dr. Holloway shines his flashlight on the back wall you see the carving of a xeno(one of the old school xenos) so that biological weapon already exists and it's on the ship that crashed on LV-426 and where it was heading is anyones guess.

I think a lot of people where expecting a movie like Alien(s) where people are being impregnated while others are running around shooting the "bad guy" and were disappointed when it didn't happen. I think to many people where looking for a traditional action/sci-fi horror flick and were bummed when it went way deeper than they wanted it to.

This movie is for the true Alien franchise geek....


too much nerd info in this paragraph.

i loved Alien franchise,i hated prometheus.its pointless,uncreative and doesnt coincide with my beliefs.i would give it 2/10.

thats just my opinion.

 

Zack and Miri make a porno. 8/10. that was hilarious.i really liked it.

post #11561 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


LMAO will the trolling ever stop.
It starts out talking about how it is nothing like the original alien films so that is why "people" were disappointed then closed in BOLD that it's for the true Alien fan.
Since this seems to be a popular activity to argue with me on why I don't like the movie. I will elaborate further on why this movie does not suit MY personal tastes. I must admit I rushed out to the theater to see this one. I was excited, and especially after seeing some of the trailers. I cannot STAND inconsistencies in a film. I don't mind things being far fetched or otherwise magical but at least be consistent about it.
The whole surgery thing was only one example. But these little buggy things. In the beginning of the movie they overtake the aliens body and multiply at a mad rate. They do the same at different points of the movie too. But when mr boyfriend get's them they conveniently take a really long time to multiply. And he then impregnates the girl without infecting her with bugs. The bugs then decide to make a baby inside her instead of killing her. Of course she survives all of this... At that scene he dies why didn't they just infect and kill everyone too? Ok I know these are smart bugs. A biological weapon that knows a guy is in love and takes over his sperm instead of killing him knowing in advance these little bugs will get a chance to make a giant octopus inside of his girlfriend.
It may have roots in the original but that is why I hate on it. Could have and should have been much, much better.


So what you're saying is you're not a true Alien fan....

My post wasn't in reference to your "personal tastes", but your "true alien fan" comment...

You are most welcome to you opinion and I wouldn't have it any other way, but you obviously haven't done your Alien researchwink.gif

post #11562 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingingEars View Post


So what you're saying is you're not a true Alien fan....
My post wasn't in reference to your "personal tastes", but your "true alien fan" comment...
You are most welcome to you opinion and I wouldn't have it any other way, but you obviously haven't done your Alien research;)

No I am saying what he is saying below. Nothing like those films. Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post


too much nerd info in this paragraph.
i loved Alien franchise,i hated prometheus.its pointless,uncreative and doesnt coincide with my beliefs.i would give it 2/10.
thats just my opinion.

Zack and Miri make a porno. 8/10. that was hilarious.i really liked it.

Edited by Doc-holliday - 11/19/12 at 2:05pm
post #11563 of 15965

Oh come now, drugs aren't *that* bad. :-P

 

I just feel like The American is a more superbly crafted film than your average 'professional killer' movie. Its painfully exacting focus (which yes, is not on the action) makes its characters as impenetrable as they are fascinating--on top of which it's a considerably more stressful movie than anything in the Bond or Bourne franchise. Bond and Bourne both blow things up better, it's true. Nothing wrong with that. I just think that The American takes a more 'realistic' approach--I imagine being a hired killer is a lot more like this than it like Bond. A lot more waiting around. A lot more killing time. When violence does happen, it happens quick, and is over in a flash. I dunno--it's hard to put my finger on it. It just has a slow-motion jive to it that I appreciate, and it does not lack in subtlety, something most films of this 'genre' don't possess at all. Not to mention it's a gorgeous film. And Clooney is a gorgeous man, so that helps. ::shrugs::

 

Anyways, back to my drugs!

post #11564 of 15965
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

Oh come now, drugs aren't *that* bad. :-P

 

 

 

 

(Sharing isn't bad either!)

post #11565 of 15965

Hey.

You guys like what you like and no one else should sway you differently, but don't claim to be fan of the franchise when clearly you are not...


Edited by RingingEars - 11/19/12 at 2:32pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched