Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 766

post #11476 of 16927
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post


Pierce Bronsmen has an invisible car and an explosion chases him down a mountain.

 

LMAO....

post #11477 of 16927
Legends of the fall(1994). 7.5/10.
Great movie.a bit corny story,but nevertheless great acting from Brad and Hopkins.
post #11478 of 16927

abe lincoln vampire hunter 7/10

post #11479 of 16927
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0eknee View Post

abe lincoln vampire hunter 7/10

That was a really good book, but the movie looks terrible.
post #11480 of 16927

Savages - 3/10

 

It was really bad. Liked the drug lord character and the costumes, but that was about it.

post #11481 of 16927
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0eknee View Post

abe lincoln vampire hunter 7/10

That's a shockingly high score... Anyone else agree? I avoided this one so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Savages - 3/10

It was really bad. Liked the drug lord character and the costumes, but that was about it.

That's a real bummer. I was kinda looking forward to that one. They had the poster plastered all over hollywood for about a month and I had my hopes up.
post #11482 of 16927

Anyone watched Argo? How is it?

post #11483 of 16927
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

Anyone watched Argo? How is it?

I liked it. Good suspense, good use of period footage, funny, strong acting, compelling story.
post #11484 of 16927
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroseperry View Post


I liked it. Good suspense, good use of period footage, funny, strong acting, compelling story.


Ok great, I plan to watch it sometime soon.

post #11485 of 16927
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0eknee View Post

abe lincoln vampire hunter 7/10

I watched about 30% and had to stop, maybe I'll try again. Does it get better in the 2nd 1/2?wink.gif

post #11486 of 16927

Saw this one last night...was really interested in the first half, but the 2nd half sort of left me flat and checking my watch. I'm also starting to really form the opinion that Denzel is a very overrated character actor. He's in the same category as Ben Affleck, IMO...he can act well, he tends to attract interesting projects, but he can't immerse himself into a role at all. In fact, it was ironic that one of his costars, Don Cheadle, was given a very straight part, cause IMO he's a much better character actor than Denzel is. 

 

Flight - 7.6/10

 

 

post #11487 of 16927

Brave. 10/10

A great movie for kids and adults.

Some funny stuff and some sad stuff and a great message about "be careful what you wish for"...

post #11488 of 16927

I'd say 8/10. I enjoyed it a lot, but the 'brother bear' story was a bit frustrating. The movie as a whole felt much less epic than the beginning led me to believe it would be. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingingEars View Post

Brave. 10/10

A great movie for kids and adults.

Some funny stuff and some sad stuff and a great message about "be careful what you wish for"...

post #11489 of 16927

Savages 3/10 Worst movie I've seen all year. 

Killer Joe 5/10 Bad acting, slow story. Final 20 minutes was enjoyable.

Ted: 6/10 No substance, mildly funny.

post #11490 of 16927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

Saw this one last night...was really interested in the first half, but the 2nd half sort of left me flat and checking my watch.

Thanx for the warning. I passed on that one was afraid of that.
Quote:
I'm also starting to really form the opinion that Denzel is a very overrated character actor. He's in the same category as Ben Affleck, IMO...he can act well, he tends to attract interesting projects, but he can't immerse himself into a role at all. In fact, it was ironic that one of his costars, Don Cheadle, was given a very straight part, cause IMO he's a much better character actor than Denzel is. 

+1!

My actual take on denzel..... I loved him back in the day in pelican brief. Great film. But then in every movie he has ever done to me he is the same character from pelican brief doing a different movie.

In other words he is one of those type-cast actors. His acting style reflects his real life mannerisms and thats about as deep as he goes. There are a couple exceptions at times but not many.

Not to say i think he cant act. There are lots of "type-cast" actors out there. Im just bored of his acting "type".

He is the main reason i passed on seeing this one last week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched