Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate The Last Movie You Watched - Page 756

post #11326 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

As discussed earlier in the thread (couple weeks ago), I rarely will turn off a movie early. I tend to research my choices to a degree before I watch, so typically I'll give the film a healthy amount of time to live up to expectations. Sometimes I just watch something because I like the cast or whatever, and that was the case with this one. After the first 30 mins, I had to stop....this is the DUMBEST piece of CRAP I've seen in a long time. This movie should be ashamed of itself for wasting the time of Robert DeNiro and Forrest Whittaker....hell, those guys should be ashamed of themselves for getting anywhere NEAR this steamer! 

 

I think checking out the imdb rating before watching a movie would help.

 

Typically, I never see ones below 6.5.  Those beyond 7 I expect something good.

post #11327 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

 

I think checking out the imdb rating before watching a movie would help.

 

Typically, I never see ones below 6.5.  Those beyond 7 I expect something good.

 

I use Rotten Tomatoes, but yeah, I agree...I research the hell out of movies, but this one I just happened to come across and watched it based on the actors. The whole "research" thing pays off for sure. 

post #11328 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

I use Rotten Tomatoes, but yeah, I agree...I research the hell out of movies, but this one I just happened to come across and watched it based on the actors. The whole "research" thing pays off for sure. 

 

Yep, I use that too, but I look at their Audience Rating. 

A lot of the movies on that site have a major disagreement between the Critics and the Audience ratings. 

post #11329 of 15516

1000

 

8.5/10

I watched this for my editing class, and boy oh boy was it friggin' good. I haven't cared about characters in a film this much in a long while. 

post #11330 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

Have you seen The Station Agent?...one of my favorite films. 
The Station Agent (2003) 8.8/10
This film had some good meat on the bones,except the ending,which kept it from being completely satisfying.
Most enjoyable,nonetheless.
Edited by 5aces - 11/1/12 at 10:32pm
post #11331 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aces View Post


The Station Agent (2003) 8.8/10
This film had some good meat on the bones,except the ending,which kept it from being completely satisfying.
Most enjoyable,nonetheless.

 

Okay, good....if you didnt' like that one, I'd have really been surprised. Did you just watch it now, or had you seen it previously and just posting your review? I've been meaning to revisit it, actually...it's movies like this that really contribute to a lot of my overall enjoyment. I can go for the popcorn flicks for sure, but I love an indy film with rich characters that examine some of the more meaningful themes of life - in this case, friendship. 

post #11332 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingatheart View Post

 

 

8.5/10

I watched this for my editing class, and boy oh boy was it friggin' good. I haven't cared about characters in a film this much in a long while. 

Your instructor has excellent taste in film! This is one of my top 5 foreign films of all time. I was captivated by it when I saw it a few years ago. Damn good flick. 

post #11333 of 15516

wangan midnight live action movie

post #11334 of 15516

Excision. why/10 . ffs,why oh why do i have to watch those movies:(

how dafuq did it get 6.0 on IMDB is beyond me.

avoid.


Edited by midoo1990 - 11/2/12 at 12:47pm
post #11335 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post

Excision. why/10 . ffs,why oh why do i have to watch those movies:(

how dafuq did it get 6.0 on IMDB is beyond me.

avoid.


the original one? i would give it a 7/10 imo.

post #11336 of 15516
post #11337 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

Did you just watch it now, or had you seen it previously and just posting your review?
No,I watched The Station Agent (2003) fresh out the gates,after your suggestion.
Appreciate that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Me missus has seen Sinister and says its good.
Sinister (2012) 6.5/10


Found another film with a serious drag coefficient attached.
A writer trying to find his mojo,so he can turn out a profound work.
After crawling through Ruby Sparks and that writer character,I was put off with another artist's struggle lurching across the screen.

Super 8mm film reels from 1986 to 1998 that spark messages,while our character goes from whiskey rocks to straight out of the bottle.
Even I was onto compact VHS video tapes by then and had this nifty JVC camcorder:

Most of the scare comes from good Foley work.
There is one accurate,knock 'em down & drag 'em out married couple screaming match scene,that reminds me of why I now live alone.
Really,if all a movie does is make you want to go home and research your 25 year old video camera,need I say more ?
Edited by 5aces - 11/2/12 at 2:52pm
post #11338 of 15516

The Avengers 8/10 Great fun!

 

1000

post #11339 of 15516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aces View Post


No,I watched The Station Agent (2003) fresh out the gates,after your suggestion.
Appreciate that.
 

 

Oh okay, very cool...I'm really glad you saw it and liked it. 

post #11340 of 15516

Silent hill Revelation 7/10 actually a really good movie, a little more anchored to the games but still kind of off on its own. it's not that scary like the first one it's more of a thriller. The characters were alright but the acting was a little hit or miss at some parts. The liberties they took with the fan service none of the fans want AKA Pyramid head made sense in context of the movie.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Rate The Last Movie You Watched