or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! - Page 18

post #256 of 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.khali View Post
 

I am looking to help the mids to be a bit more present.  How do they compare in that regard?

 

Well, that's just what they do, because the drivers are nearer to the ear with HM5 pads.

post #257 of 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiemen View Post
 

 

Well, that's just what they do, because the drivers are nearer to the ear with HM5 pads.

Thanks for the info!

post #258 of 2060

Hi! I'm wondering if they cause fatigue while listening for long periods of time and also if they are comfortable. I'm looking for some cans to use at work (openspace/IT office).

Also how do they compare (rather how different are) from AKG k271 MKII or k550?

post #259 of 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenoura View Post
 

Hi! I'm wondering if they cause fatigue while listening for long periods of time and also if they are comfortable. I'm looking for some cans to use at work (openspace/IT office).

Also how do they compare (rather how different are) from AKG k271 MKII or k550?

 

Comfort depends on the shape and condition of the ear pads. Also depends wether you wear glasses or not.

Beyer changed the pads over time. Some will be softer, otther stiffer. They also become softer when they get older.

Even the plastic of the pads will vary form sticky to non sticky.

If you have big ears, the pads can not be wide enough. They look huge, but the ear cups are rather small.

So, it will be a gamble, as always with BeyerDynamic headphones.

 

The sound differs from the K271 in some ways. The DT150 has a fuller sound, with a lot more bass. The K271 has sweeter highs.

Soundstage is wider on the DT150.

They are very easy on the ear, not aggressive by any means, so not fatigueing. In fact everything sounds fine with them.

post #260 of 2060

I wear glasses. Are these too uncomfortable with them? I have a medium/small head and ears (my ear is bit smaller than a Grado Comfy). How is the ear room compared with the k271? I have the superlux hd681 (can take the k271 pads) and I find plenty of ear room.

 

Besides the original pads, are there others that may improve comfort and/or SQ? I've ran a quick search on ebay and just a few replacements popped up.

EDIT: I've noticed you've tried the dt100 velours and HM5. Where can I find the HM5 pads?

 

How does the FiiO E07K/E17 drives the dt150?

 

Many Thanks 


Edited by cenoura - 4/7/14 at 2:25pm
post #261 of 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenoura View Post
 

I wear glasses. Are these too uncomfortable with them? I have a medium/small head and ears (my ear is bit smaller than a Grado Comfy). How is the ear room compared with the k271? I have the superlux hd681 (can take the k271 pads) and I find plenty of ear room.

 

Besides the original pads, are there others that may improve comfort and/or SQ? I've ran a quick search on ebay and just a few replacements popped up.

EDIT: I've noticed you've tried the dt100 velours and HM5. Where can I find the HM5 pads?

 

How does the FiiO E07K/E17 drives the dt150?

 

Many Thanks 

 

You can buy the HM5 ear pads here: http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

They improve both comfort and sound IMO.

 

Stock pads and glasses can give comfort problems if the legs are too thick. The thinner the legs, the better.

 

The ear room compared to the AKG pads is much better. I can't tolerate the vinyl and velour AKG pads, because they are too small for my jumbo ears.

 

Don't know anything about the FijO, sorry.

post #262 of 2060

Thanks Tiemen, your comments were very helpful

post #263 of 2060
How do these compare against the nad visio hp 50?
post #264 of 2060

Dear Headfiers,

Could someone please recommend me headphones that could be an upgrade over DT150? I love DT150 and hope to keep them forever. But I'm curious which headphones might have such authority in sound, smoothness of middle and silky heights?

 

Thank you for your help

post #265 of 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
 

Dear Headfiers,

Could someone please recommend me headphones that could be an upgrade over DT150? I love DT150 and hope to keep them forever. But I'm curious which headphones might have such authority in sound, smoothness of middle and silky heights?

 

Thank you for your help

 

Also very interested in this

 

I'd love a more expensive pair of headphones, but I hate the stereotypical hi-fi sound signature (boosted highs and/or V curve). For me the DT150 is perfect - loads of bass and flat mids/highs.

post #266 of 2060

Forget it. There's no upgrade until you are willing to spend a lot of money :beyersmile:

 

I have now Mr.Speakers Dog ear pads installed. Nice leather pads that fits them perfectly.

post #267 of 2060

Dear Tiemen,

Imagine for a while - cost no object solution.

post #268 of 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
 

Dear Tiemen,

Imagine for a while - cost no object solution.

 

Well, the only headphones I can think of are Planar Magnetics: Oppo, Audez'e, HiFiMAN, ZMF, MrSpeakers. Though I only heard the ZMF.

Then there's the HD650.

And the old Sextett's from AKG and Philips.

post #269 of 2060

Having had HD650 I have to confess that timbre of DT150 and naturalness of vocals is much better with Beyers.

Hifiman 500 which I have been auditioning, were too bright sometimes and not enough full at the bottom frequencies (but detailing was very good)

Audeze seems to be a point on horizon, but prices are crazy...

post #270 of 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
 

Having had HD650 I have to confess that timbre of DT150 and naturalness of vocals is much better with Beyers.

Hifiman 500 which I have been auditioning, were too bright sometimes and not enough full at the bottom frequencies (but detailing was very good)

Audeze seems to be a point on horizon, but prices are crazy...

 

I think the LCD series is pretty much the only choice.

 

The frequency response of the DT150 matches them quite closely, maybe a little less highs on the beyers

 

It's actually crazy how flat and distortion-free the DT150 is for a dynamic headphone, god only knows why it isn't more popular

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!