or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K340 vs Stax Lambda: survey
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K340 vs Stax Lambda: survey - Page 5

post #61 of 108
I'm with you too cosmo, except for the OmegaII being my ultimate headphone. It's possible I just haven't heard them in the right rig though.

As for the Lambdas being technically superior, I think that is a matter of opinion. They seem like they have more detail, but it just smacks you across the face more than the K340. They are more airy sounding naturally, but I think the K340's image more accurately. The bass is a tossup for me, though the K340's winout in the mids.
post #62 of 108
I voted for K340, simply because I like them more
post #63 of 108
I'll vote K340 because of select times when I heard its ability to be absolutely magical (as opposed to lamdas which are very consistent with their upper midrange issues). Most k340s sound like crap though...lots of fixing needed.
post #64 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloS View Post
I'll vote K340 because of select times when I heard its ability to be absolutely magical (as opposed to lamdas which are very consistent with their upper midrange issues). Most k340s sound like crap though...lots of fixing needed.
Quote:
I abstain from voting.
What made you change your mind?
post #65 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust2D View Post
What made you change your mind?
philodox and I have been PayPaling bribes.
post #66 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swt61 View Post
philodox and I have been PayPaling bribes.
I alway knew that cults were dangerous and would stop at nothing.
post #67 of 108
Since I just shelled out for a pair of K340, who is willing to lend me a set of Stax?
post #68 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapstec View Post
Since I just shelled out for a pair of K340, who is willing to lend me a set of Stax?
I don't know if any of us frequent Winterthur. However, since you live in der Schweiz, adjusted for local cost of living a pair of Stax should only run about the equivalent of a dinner for four. So tighten your belt and get yourself some Stax already!
post #69 of 108
Well, I said I wasnt going to vote either, but when Steve did, I figgerd what the heck!
post #70 of 108
facelvega,

let me put it this way: answering to this helps me get to the 50 comment line and soon I will be able to sell gear here instead of only buying, and sooner or later I see a pair of Stax in my future.

And btw I work for an American company at European rates, so I never was or will be able to afford a dinner for four here
post #71 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust2D View Post
You just formulated what I did not like about my K340 very well, I think that is due to the strange reverberation in the low mids and bass.

Off topic:

I think you are the only one with Sennheiser Unipolar 2000 here, how does that sound compared to Lambda and K340?
Very bright... At least with the amps I tried. I can't stand them more than 5 minutes, but they are supposed to sound great on old powerfull tube amps (but I'm more a Class AA FET fan). Or maybe the elecrets have discarged. I just keep it to have a very crappy sounding headphone for comparation.
post #72 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B.M.Head View Post
Very bright... At least with the amps I tried. I can't stand them more than 5 minutes, but they are supposed to sound great on old powerfull tube amps (but I'm more a Class AA FET fan). Or maybe the elecrets have discarged. I just keep it to have a very crappy sounding headphone for comparation.
I'm guessing there's something wonky with your pair. I see that you have DT990's in your sig, and my DT990's are far brighter than my K340.
post #73 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by swt61 View Post
I'm guessing there's something wonky with your pair. I see that you have DT990's in your sig, and my DT990's are far brighter than my K340.
I believe he's talking about the Unipolar 2000, one of the brightest and nasty phones ever made. Not Sennheisers best moment.
post #74 of 108
Thread Starter 
Unipolar 2000 is that bad?? Wow. I am surprised that Sennheisers first foray into electrostatics was so bad.
post #75 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust2D View Post
Unipolar 2000 is that bad?? Wow. I am surprised that Sennheisers first foray into electrostatics was so bad.
It was then replaced by the 2002 but I haven't heard them but their reputation is far from being good. The Sennheiser headphones from that era are a bit of a mixed bad with a few good ones and a lot of mediocre products.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K340 vs Stax Lambda: survey