Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Free power cord (too good to be true)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Free power cord (too good to be true)? - Page 29  

post #421 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhjazz View Post
"Where's my damn Friskies, beeyotch?"
Too funny! That's exactly what you'd expect from him with that face.
post #422 of 433
double post
post #423 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
okay. i'll come clean. i'm a secret operative from virtual dynamics, code named wattgate 320i.
Just don't go whistle blower on me agent wattgate 320i we know where you live and VD head quarters have your family.

I'm a low post user who has made afew commects in this thread so I think my cover is compromised. Evac.Evac.

Seriously though as a winner of the cable I'm pretty happy I was made aware of the giveaway.

I was over the moon to win something but next time I wish they would throw in shipping also because the $75 to AUS was abit of a dampener of my big win.
post #424 of 433
sigh...I had given in to the 50% sale! 2x power 1 on their way.
post #425 of 433
It seems that they will never send me the cable... ...they are reserved only for some of the believers I think...
post #426 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
It seems that they will never send me the cable... ...they are reserved only for some of the believers I think...
<----------- Non-believe made believer...


When you get yours, you can kindly send it my way...
post #427 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20 View Post
<----------- Non-believe made believer...


When you get yours, you can kindly send it my way...
Well not so fast, maybe I'll change my mind about powercords after trying that one....
post #428 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Well not so fast, maybe I'll change my mind about powercords after trying that one....

Give it a try.. you might be surprised. Shipping from Canda to FL was about 5 business days. Didn't take long at all to arrive here..
post #429 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20 View Post
Give it a try.. you might be surprised. Shipping from Canda to FL was about 5 business days. Didn't take long at all to arrive here..
Well I will, if they send me one...I was in the special giveaway, and even if they do not make any difference, I will keep it, unless they sound worst...
post #430 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Well I will, if they send me one...I was in the special giveaway, and even if they do not make any difference, I will keep it, unless they sound worst...

If it sounded the same as a plain jane cable, why wouldn't you sell it to a head-fi'er who might enjoy it?
post #431 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl View Post
be advised, they are extremely stiff and heavy, and may levitate some light-weight components off the rack. You also need at least an extra foot over a normal cord to get it to bend to fit into your space. You'll also need enough room between your component and the wall to achieve a 90 degre bend.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f97/mans-cable-281585/


Should I call you Markilina from now on?
post #432 of 433
lol this thread needs to be archived as audiophile epic fail

why stop at the power cord?
a hundred dollar audiophile receptacle seems in order.
perhaps some audiophile grade wiring to the circuit breaker as well.:P
post #433 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0roo0roo View Post
why stop at the power cord?
a hundred dollar audiophile receptacle seems in order.
perhaps some audiophile grade wiring to the circuit breaker as well.:P
I have personally met some contractor audiophiles that have gone that far. Honestly guys, powercords do have an effect it seems. After asking a few of my engineering buddies at the school, many have heard of research about the effects microvibrations have on a power system. Its interesting stuff.

Maybe cables like the VD Power 3 don't only provide "dynamic shielding", but also work as an vibration absorbing weight that actually improves the power provided sound. This is where my logic goes fuzzy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Free power cord (too good to be true)?