Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › RAY SAMUELS SILVER RAPTOR IS HERE! (PICS added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RAY SAMUELS SILVER RAPTOR IS HERE! (PICS added) - Page 16

post #226 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
trose49... here's something to tide you over while you wait for your Raptor...

Just pretend it's silver ...


Peace,

Graz
Nice rig!!!

Maybe you misunderstood. The Raptor is here did you not see the pics I added?

I was refering to other equipment I have ordered to complete my Apple TV music server.

If I can't complete the music server before the 10th then I will still bring the #0001 (sorry Billy) raptor connected to my iMOD.

I thought the dampers would be in today I was bummed.

Thanks for the kind words Morph!!!
post #227 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by trose49 View Post
Nice rig!!!

Maybe you misunderstood. The raptor is here did you not see the pics I added?

I was refering to other equipment I have ordered to complete my Apple TV music server.

If I can't complete the music server before the 10th then I will still bring the #0001 (sorry Billy) raptor connected to my iMOD.

I thought the dampers would be in today I was bummed.

Thanks for the kind words Morph!!!
Gotta love the serial number "#0001 (sorry Billy)"

LOL.
post #228 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk005 View Post
Gotta love the serial number "#0001 (sorry Billy)"

LOL.
Poor Billy! You guys are ruff!

Although I hear he has tried several different brands of Silver Paint but cant seem to match the NEW Raptor Color!

Technically for Billy's sanity my Ser# is RAPT001 which was started for the new Silver Chassis and updated Style.

I believe Billy's is 8001 correct? (8) being Raptor!
post #229 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by trose49 View Post
Not yet. At this rate I won't have what I need for the rig for nyc meet. It may be imod to raptor!

Where did you purchase from? Cost?

Are they matched?

Now you need tungsol 5687's to go with!
I picked up two pairs off AudiogoN, with each pair supposively match. Since the Raptor only uses 1 12au7, I am not sure it matters. They are running about $60 each.

There was a pair selling more as a collectible for $190 per pair on AudiogoN. The tubedepot was selling them at $119.95 per single tube.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ube&1197419472

http://store.tubedepot.com/nos-12au7-tele.html

The only place I have seen the Tungsol 5687 is at Tubedepot but they are unlabled. The site indicates they were waiting to be branded by one of the other companies Tungsol built tubes for.

http://store.tubedepot.com/nos-5687-ts.html
post #230 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by trose49 View Post
Poor Billy! You guys are ruff!

Although I hear he has tried several different brands of Silver Paint but cant seem to match the NEW Raptor Color!

Technically for Billy's sanity my Ser# is RAPT001 which was started for the new Silver Chassis and updated Style.

I believe Billy's is 8001 correct? (8) being Raptor!
Sniff Sniff..My baby is still the real 8001..but nooo the people have forgot her..
her is a pic of the good old days, us celebrating her first birthday..sniff sniff
post #231 of 311
Best picture EVER.
post #232 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd812 View Post
Sniff Sniff..My baby is still the real 8001..but nooo the people have forgot her..
her is a pic of the good old days, us celebrating her first birthday..sniff sniff
Hahaha...that is tooooo awesome. That should be an avatar.
post #233 of 311
Thread Starter 
ROTFL!!! Funny Billy!!!


Do the isolation blocks help at all. I am considering some Brass cones (you know to match and all).

Anyone know the size of the threads that hold the Rubber Feet on?
post #234 of 311
I wouldn't invest a lot of time or money in feet, you're likely to just drive yourself crazy. I mean seriously, at what point do you draw the line? Me, I'd just get the rig up and running and start enjoying the music. Listen now, tweak later.
post #235 of 311
I had the Raptor on a glass shelf so I had to keep the vibration from the p/s down at the time. this was when the original old school power supplies were out (which i still have). but yeah they help when your on Glass.

I don't know what thread the feet are on with, i would suggest not to mess with it though cause if you raise the Raptor up a bit it will not be sturdy being so small and light.

i had a thread on here about its first birthday long time ago..
post #236 of 311
Thread Starter 
I ordered BBC Iso cone 1" diam and 9/16 high.(Gold over Solid Brass) I dont think this will cause any falling danger.

Site is here:
http://www.newquestsound.com/Product...x?productID=66
post #237 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd812 View Post
Sniff Sniff..My baby is still the real 8001..but nooo the people have forgot her..
her is a pic of the good old days, us celebrating her first birthday..sniff sniff
haha

my drink almost came out of my nose. that picture rocks!!
post #238 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by trose49 View Post
Poor Billy! You guys are ruff!

Although I hear he has tried several different brands of Silver Paint but cant seem to match the NEW Raptor Color!

Technically for Billy's sanity my Ser# is RAPT001 which was started for the new Silver Chassis and updated Style.

I believe Billy's is 8001 correct? (8) being Raptor!
GEt the Kuhl ECC802S Telefunken from Tubeworld. Brendan is selling some single tubes. It's one of the best Telefunken ECC802S, though it's expensive. You may also get pairs from eBay (they pop up sometimes) but without any guarantee.
post #239 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post

The only place I have seen the Tungsol 5687 is at Tubedepot but they are unlabled. The site indicates they were waiting to be branded by one of the other companies Tungsol built tubes for.

http://store.tubedepot.com/nos-5687-ts.html

Tungsol made the best 5687. It's better off to wait until tubedepot gets those listed for sale.
post #240 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edisonwu View Post
GEt the Kuhl ECC802S Telefunken from Tubeworld. Brendan is selling some single tubes. It's one of the best Telefunken ECC802S, though it's expensive. You may also get pairs from eBay (they pop up sometimes) but without any guarantee.
Do I understand that correctly $299 for 1 tube? A bit over my budget for now. Ray was offering the Telefunken and 2 Tungsols around the 250 range I believe. Im sure its a different year or something.

I need to educate myself a bit more before I start rolling or I will just buy from Ray who I trust.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › RAY SAMUELS SILVER RAPTOR IS HERE! (PICS added)