New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cologne-fi - Page 6

post #76 of 359
Wow, no love for the three best smelling cologne out there:

Paris Hilton for men
Candies for men
Chrome by Azarro

In that order. All are very light smelling (not overpowering) but EVERY GIRL I have ever met (I work at the Gap, that's ALOT of women that come in and out of that store) absolutely love the smell, and has been the icebreaker conversation for getting numbers like nothing else....Paris Hilton ftw.
post #77 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn View Post
Wow, no love for the three best smelling cologne out there:

Paris Hilton for men
Candies for men
Chrome by Azarro

In that order. All are very light smelling (not overpowering) but EVERY GIRL I have ever met (I work at the Gap, that's ALOT of women that come in and out of that store) absolutely love the smell, and has been the icebreaker conversation for getting numbers like nothing else....Paris Hilton ftw.
i almost went with chrome today, didnt really like the smell of it though..dont know, maybe i need to spray some on, walk around a bit and see what i think. maybe i'll get it around x-mas or something. i went with polo blue, figured prob a safer choice
post #78 of 359
All of your Polo, Kenneth Coles and Curve or Cool Water are safe scents...

The problem with cologne, is people just wear what everybody else out there is wearing, and likely it's polo or tommy, or of the like.

You know how I found the cologne I'm wearing? My sister goes out (not dating, but goes to the bars) with male models (some who are fairly well known, not "fabio known", but in GQ and mens magazine covers), and I got out hopping with them as well on occasion when she's in town....I asked and my sister asks...I get what they wear. They get chicks knocking on the car windows as we pass the bars, lol.

I read somewhere, a girl subliminally gathers her opinion of you based on your scent, as most everything a woman gathers from you, is no-verbal. So if you're wearing the same cologne as the last guy, you're likely to get the same response before your mouth even opens. Obviously, talking to women, that's just a little piece of the puzzle....but every little piece helps doesn't it?

Aside from that, go with Coffee beans in your pocket or a small bag of them and just go cologne shopping. The coffee Beans clear your palette, so take a whiff of the beans between scents to you can smell how differently everything smells. Also, like you said, the same cologne on two different people can smell different after it settles.

This is what you learn from reading fashion magazines, lol.
post #79 of 359
I'm a big fan of:
  • Polo's Black;
  • Calvin Klein's Crave.
These are the two i'm using the most right now. Lot's of success with the ladies, i guarantee that ...
post #80 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post
What I wear:

Cade, by L'Occitane
Mr. Taylor, by Taylor of Old Bond Street
No. 6, by Caswell-Massey
Blenheim Bouquet, by Penhaligon's

I'm not sure which is my favorite, but have been reaching for the No. 6 often lately.
A lot of U.K. colognes... I haven't heard of any of those before. What do they smell like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Aside from that, go with Coffee beans in your pocket or a small bag of them and just go cologne shopping. The coffee Beans clear your palette, so take a whiff of the beans between scents to you can smell how differently everything smells.
Yep, that's an excellent idea. Often, there will be a jar of coffee beans behind the counter if you ask. Any decent store should have one ready.
post #81 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitesymphony View Post
A lot of U.K. colognes... I haven't heard of any of those before. What do they smell like?
I've smelt quite a few UK colognes, and I like them a lot more than what the usual "department store" brands smell like. Penhaligon's has a few great hits, Taylor's of Old Bond Street has great scents and I want to test out Cade.
post #82 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevum View Post
Dont want to show off, but

what is the name of the one next to the armani code in this pic?
post #83 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepFloyd View Post
what is the name of the one next to the armani code in this pic?
Declaration Men by Cartier. Most people on Basenotes seem to agree that it's the best scent made by Cartier. One person called the cardamom middle note "raunchy," but in a good way.

"Classified as a sharp, oriental and woody fragrance Top note: Mandarin, Neroli, Artemisia, Coriander Middle note: Cardamom, Pepper, Jasmine, Orris Base note: Cedarwood, Vetiver, Leather, Amber Recommended for daytime wear."
post #84 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitesymphony View Post


Yep, that's an excellent idea. Often, there will be a jar of coffee beans behind the counter if you ask. Any decent store should have one ready.
where do you recommend going for colognes? I usually go to Elder-Beerman, is there somewhere else to go with a bigger variety?
post #85 of 359
I recently bought Burberry Brit. I'm really liking it so far.
post #86 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepFloyd View Post
where do you recommend going for colognes? I usually go to Elder-Beerman, is there somewhere else to go with a bigger variety?
All of the large department stores carry some variations of the basic line-up, and they're a good place to gain some scent knowledge. Smell everything and try to remember the ones you didn't like, then look up the layering of the ingredients online (see below) and find out what didn't work for you. Try not to spray any on yourself; spray onto a card and smell it that way. It will smell better on your skin than on the card, but you don't want past sprays lingering on your skin to confuse your judgment. Half of the time, you can just smell the atomizer and it will give you enough of an impression to judge whether the bottle is even worth spraying.

Unless you live in a major city, the best way to try new or unique stuff is to purchase inexpensive samples online. Once you have a better idea of what you want, you can narrow down which samples you'd like to order. Basenotes.net is probably the ultimate site for looking up information. Consider creating an account, since the reviews are disabled for non-members during the holidays in order to save bandwidth. The Perfumed Court is a great place to purchase authentic decanted samples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerz View Post
I recently bought Burberry Brit. I'm really liking it so far.
Brit is a solid variation of the classic Burberry tonka bean base. Good bottle, too. I bought Brit Red (for women), a limited variation, for my girlfriend and it turned out to be one of her favorite scents. It's very sweet and Christmas-y: vanilla, patchouli, and gingerbread dominant notes.
post #87 of 359
Excuse my dust.



My favs are:


fcuk, lacoste, polo black.

and the pic is mum.
post #88 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangerin View Post
Excuse my dust.



My favs are:


fcuk, lacoste, polo black.

and the pic is mum.
damn two acqu di gio's and 2 polo blacks? i thought i was getting ridiculous with the 4 i have..wow.

is that a farenheit in the back? what is fcuk? what store did you go to get those two? didnt see em at elder-beerman i was at
post #89 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepFloyd View Post
where do you recommend going for colognes? I usually go to Elder-Beerman, is there somewhere else to go with a bigger variety?
If there's a Perfumania in a mall around you check that out. If there's a Sephora by you, colognes are in the very back

They both have excellent selections. The former has a better selection, naturally, but I love how the colognes are all out at Sephora, leaving you free to experiment without the help of a salesclerk or the likes.
post #90 of 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerz View Post
If there's a Perfumania in a mall around you check that out. If there's a Sephora by you, colognes are in the very back

They both have excellent selections. The former has a better selection, naturally, but I love how the colognes are all out at Sephora, leaving you free to experiment without the help of a salesclerk or the likes.
the closest those two stores are from me is like an hour away. seriously, cant believe neither of the two malls near me dont have one of those two.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home