Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX] - Page 67

post #991 of 1051
Very nice rig deliverinsanity...and a great shot.
post #992 of 1051
These Rigs Shure look as great as they must sound!

But are they realy portable?
Do you guys use them on the street, or in the subway?
I mean, do you realy find the need to use top notch headphones with dedicated amps trough lineout. when distracted by the simple act of walking or finding direction, are you that concentrated on the music to require all that?

I personaly use only a rockboxed ipod with some shure e3c through the headphone out, and find it more than enough!

just curios!
Greets!
post #993 of 1051
Thread Starter 
I carry mine with me, either in my pocket or in my bag
post #994 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
Very nice rig deliverinsanity...and a great shot.
Thanks, I'm loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaos View Post
These Rigs Shure look as great as they must sound!

But are they realy portable?
Do you guys use them on the street, or in the subway?
I mean, do you realy find the need to use top notch headphones with dedicated amps trough lineout. when distracted by the simple act of walking or finding direction, are you that concentrated on the music to require all that?

I personaly use only a rockboxed ipod with some shure e3c through the headphone out, and find it more than enough!

just curios!
Greets!
Well, portability is a relative question, but, as for me... as long as you can put it in your pocket and walk away, it's portable.
And funny thing I noticed the other day: sometimes when I'm walking down the street, I get so concentrated on the music, I am actually no longer aware of the surroundings...
Let's just hope I won't die listening to the music. But hey, maybe I really do want to die listening to my favourite music, you never know
post #995 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverinsanity View Post
Well, portability is a relative question, but, as for me... as long as you can put it in your pocket and walk away, it's portable.
And funny thing I noticed the other day: sometimes when I'm walking down the street, I get so concentrated on the music, I am actually no longer aware of the surroundings...
Let's just hope I won't die listening to the music. But hey, maybe I really do want to die listening to my favourite music, you never know
i guess everyone here has already found them self in near-death encounters with veychles due to head-fi!
But my point on this question is if you guy's find it necessary to use al that equipment while on the go!
Ceartnly it's not healthy! but then again what is!
post #996 of 1051

iqube & Iriver

Here is one of my portable "rigs" (I feel a bit geeky saying rig lol)



used with either these:


or these:

post #997 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer1975 View Post
Here is one of my portable "rigs" (I feel a bit geeky saying rig lol)
Oh heck, that's hawt!
post #998 of 1051
Dazzer: Have you tried the P to S cable with the SE530s, and, if so, how do you think it affects the sound? Thanks <_<.
post #999 of 1051




Man, I really need to get a new interconnect.
post #1000 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious View Post
Dazzer: Have you tried the P to S cable with the SE530s, and, if so, how do you think it affects the sound? Thanks <_<.

Oh, no I haven't, did'nt even think of doing but I will give it a go and report back when I have a bit of time.
post #1001 of 1051


Sony A808 => Audio Technica ES7
Nice sound but I still prefer Ultrasone iCans pairing with Sony
post #1002 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestnaru View Post
Sony A808 => Audio Technica ES7
Nice sound but I still prefer Ultrasone iCans pairing with Sony
Amp the ES7 and it just becomes another beast - much tigher and cleaner finish. Without it - it s just an untamed beast - no control.
post #1003 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverinsanity View Post
The Predator is finally here, and it's a bit smaller than I thought it would be



My rig is complete for the time being, all I need is some burn-in time on that little bad-ass amp to be truly happy.
Sweet!
Not much more to say...
post #1004 of 1051


Ety ER6i and Sony S618
post #1005 of 1051
Wow, nice pic of your S618
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]