Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX] - Page 69

post #1021 of 1051
^
Nice!
Absolutely loved the MS2s the time I tried them out with an Earmax Pro.
How do you like the sound of the Penguin? I;ve been intrigued by its minimalist, yet very cute design.
post #1022 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post
^
Nice!
Absolutely loved the MS2s the time I tried them out with an Earmax Pro.
How do you like the sound of the Penguin? I;ve been intrigued by its minimalist, yet very cute design.
I'm very happy with the MS2s too--exactly what I was looking for to pair up with my HD650s.. I couldn't be happier with them. I'm hope replacing the cable won't mess them up to much--but I can't resist not going for the equinox.

As for the penguin.. yah, I basically went for it because of its minimalist design. It sounds great.. slightly warmer and less soundstage than the C&CBox+; but has nice synergy with the MS2, especially for extended listening, IMO.

For anymore description then that.. I can't say. I have yet to experience enough amps and headphones to give much of a comparative review.. I'm new to the whole amps thing. For the longest time I use to listen to my HD650s straight out of the headphone jack of my ipod. I'm learnin' though.
post #1023 of 1051
I thought I'd post another one, if you don't mind.



Enjoy!
post #1024 of 1051
Thought id post pics of my updated rig, got some custom tips and iMod since my last posting.

Heres the whole rig


My Stevenkelby made V-Cap dock


And my ER4P's with hearityourself.com custom tips
post #1025 of 1051
Here's my new NW-HD5H:





Here's also my stack, which I took a while back:



Not a "rig", just my gear tower. From the top, Sony NW-S706, Sony NW-HD1, Kenwood HD30GB9, iRiver H10, 4G iMod, APS mini-mini, HeadAmp AE-2 (wish I kept it), Sony D-35, and Denon DCP-150, with my Sennheiser HD 650 and ATH-EW9. Sold some of these gears since.
post #1026 of 1051




* 2G iPod Nano 4gb + MisterX Mini^3 (w/ IC made by a friend)
* iPod Touch 8gb
* Shure E4c's with my DIY sleeves made from Howard Leight Laser Lite earplugs

Been enjoying the Touch lately with the DIY foamies. I find them to be much more comfortable than the Shure olives which I used until I came across the DIY thread. I had a bunch of earplugs lying around anyway due to being an enthusiast in another area.
post #1027 of 1051
This thread is getting a little long, its already past the 1,000 post mark. Who's gonna take the initiative and start the Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part X thread?
post #1028 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx View Post
This thread is getting a little long, its already past the 1,000 post mark. Who's gonna take the initiative and start the Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part X thread?
You know you want to!
post #1029 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx View Post
This thread is getting a little long, its already past the 1,000 post mark. Who's gonna take the initiative and start the Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part X thread?
It takes a brave man to bring that up, but it takes a hero to actually start a new "Pictures of Your Portable Rig..." thread.

post #1030 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsegv0x0B View Post


My current flavor of the month setup.
Hey nice!
Hope you're enjoying it
post #1031 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsegv0x0B View Post


My current flavor of the month setup.
*shock*

What, no iPod!?
post #1032 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ckchard View Post




* 2G iPod Nano 4gb + MisterX Mini^3 (w/ IC made by a friend)
* iPod Touch 8gb
* Shure E4c's with my DIY sleeves made from Howard Leight Laser Lite earplugs

Been enjoying the Touch lately with the DIY foamies. I find them to be much more comfortable than the Shure olives which I used until I came across the DIY thread. I had a bunch of earplugs lying around anyway due to being an enthusiast in another area.
I used to use very similiar DIY foamies on a pair of shure e4s until Shure let the black foamies out of the gate!
post #1033 of 1051
I replaced my 80gig iPod video with a Zune2 80gig. The Beyers aren't portable but I need to send my Shure E4s in for repair (cord split open near the right bud)
post #1034 of 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fidelity View Post
I used to use very similiar DIY foamies on a pair of shure e4s until Shure let the black foamies out of the gate!
I'm the exact opposite. Been using Shure's black foamies until I decided to make my own.
post #1035 of 1051
NICE skin!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]