Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action - Page 7

post #91 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLum View Post
Just ordered one without realizing that it is low current. Does anyone know whether d2000's are current hungry?
The low current designation is only meaningful relative to the MOVE. Practically any amp will be current-limited with the 25 ohm D2000's, but what this means is that they are designed to work in low voltage applications. The D2000's will be easy for the HEADSIX to drive, but as with any amp, you alone will have to determine if the sound coming out of the amp is good enough for you. Though easy to drive, because of their high maximum power input capability, the D2000's should continue to blossom with ever more powerful amplifiers.
post #92 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomie911 View Post
The K701's are less power hungry than the Beyer's so you should be fine.
Thanks for this bit of info. I've been lurking and reading this site for the better part of 3 months. I need a new portable as my PA2V2 doesnt have enough "umph" to drive the my 701's (Works fine with my HD 280pros which is why I bought it) I've been saving my pennies, and after reading all the rants and raves had my mind made up to get the new Headamp Pico (without DAC)

This offer here seems to be a shot across the bow for the Headamp folks Granted this Headsix doesnt have all the features of the Pico..but at Half the cost, I might just be willing to give it a shot. That is...if there were some actual reviews of it, and not just speculation of what it should sound like based on Dr Meier's other products. Oh decisions... decisions
post #93 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz View Post
Thanks for this bit of info. I've been lurking and reading this site for the better part of 3 months. I need a new portable as my PA2V2 doesnt have enough "umph" to drive the my 701's (Works fine with my HD 280pros which is why I bought it) I've been saving my pennies, and after reading all the rants and raves had my mind made up to get the new Headamp Pico (without DAC)

This offer here seems to be a shot across the bow for the Headamp folks Granted this Headsix doesnt have all the features of the Pico..but at Half the cost, I might just be willing to give it a shot. That is...if there were some actual reviews of it, and not just speculation of what it should sound like based on Dr Meier's other products. Oh decisions... decisions
The sound signature should be very similar to the MOVE, albeit without the potential of as much "umph" (depending on your phones and your ears).

The Pico and the HEADSIX are operating from two very different angles. The HEADSIX is first and foremost concerned with value, i.e. providing the best sound for the least money to the most people. Furthermore it is a gift to Head-Fi, which reinforces this stance. The Pico on the other hand, is focused primarily on sound quality and cost is a secondary issue. That is not to say that Justin is not trying to make the Pico as inexpensively as possible, but his aim is to make the Pico stand out because of its quality. In light of this, and based on the fact that the Pico will cost twice as much as the HEADSIX, I don't believe that these two products are really competing with each other, but are rather playing to different markets. Of course we haven't really heard either yet, and the proof will be in the pudding...
post #94 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by koto-in View Post
The sound signature should be very similar to the MOVE, albeit without the potential of as much "umph" (depending on your phones and your ears).

The Pico and the HEADSIX are operating from two very different angles. The HEADSIX is first and foremost concerned with value, i.e. providing the best sound for the least money to the most people. Furthermore it is a gift to Head-Fi, which reinforces this stance. The Pico on the other hand, is focused primarily on sound quality and cost is a secondary issue. That is not to say that Justin is not trying to make the Pico as inexpensively as possible, but his aim is to make the Pico stand out because of its quality. In light of this, and based on the fact that the Pico will cost twice as much as the HEADSIX, I don't believe that these two products are really competing with each other, but are rather playing to different markets. Of course we haven't really heard either yet, and the proof will be in the pudding...
Good points, and I agree with you. I dont think the two amps are aimed at each other. Having said that, if you are (I am) looking at a small portable, the Pico,and Headsix fall into that catergory. The value of the Headsix wins hands down,(plus it helps out Head-fi) and the added features of the Pico, arent that important to me...at least not for twice the money. I'm ready to pay-pal the money right NOW for the Headsix. I just wish there were some real reviews of it.
post #95 of 917

Low Current Issue

After ordering a Corda Headsix, I starting wondering about the whole low current thing and as others have asked about it too I decided to send the good doctor an email. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: I wanted to know if the Headsix would be a suitable amp for Grado SR60 and SR225 being that they have an impedance of 32Ohms.

Dr. Meier: Don't worry, the HEADSIX is able to drive them well, promised

Me: You mentioned that the Headsix was low current so I was under the impression that low current was needed to drive higher Ohm headphones.

Dr. Meier: This is the current that the amp uses when idle. However, itstill is very capable of providing high current if needed.

Honestly, his reply was a little too generalized for me but I'll take his word on it. Its my first amp so I'm very excited to see as to what an amp really does.
post #96 of 917
I'm really considering getting one once they are available, but was wondering how much of an upgrade the Headsix would be compared to my C&C XO, I'm assuming since its based off the Move, it will be noticeable
post #97 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz View Post
Good points, and I agree with you. I dont think the two amps are aimed at each other. Having said that, if you are (I am) looking at a small portable, the Pico,and Headsix fall into that catergory. The value of the Headsix wins hands down,(plus it helps out Head-fi) and the added features of the Pico, arent that important to me...at least not for twice the money. I'm ready to pay-pal the money right NOW for the Headsix. I just wish there were some real reviews of it.

Isn't the Pico $300 for the plain version? That's only around a %50 price difference for me in Europe, I think.
In fact 140 Euros for this compared to 195 for the move isn't such a huge difference either.
post #98 of 917
Has anyone received a shipment notice for the HeadSix from Dr. Meier ?
post #99 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfy View Post
Isn't the Pico $300 for the plain version? That's only around a %50 price difference for me in Europe, I think.
In fact 140 Euros for this compared to 195 for the move isn't such a huge difference either.
Yes the Pico sans DAC is 300 USD and the Headsix is 165 (including pay-pal) so right at twice the cost.
post #100 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz View Post
Yes the Pico sans DAC is 300 USD and the Headsix is 165 (including pay-pal) so right at twice the cost.
Pico is 300USD....Which is it that it is good as the amplifier?
I have MOVE. It satisfies it with the sound very much.
However, it is too large to carry about.

Pico is small. (the same level as TOMAHAWK)
It has been reserved that the sound is good in that size expecting it.
post #101 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorotto View Post
Pico is 300USD....Which is it that it is good as the amplifier?
It depends on how much you value your sound quality vs. cost. The Pico is not going to sound 2x as good as the HeadSix, and I assume that if the Pico sounds better at all. Sound quality is a personal preference.

Cost is HeadSix ($150) vs Pico ($300).
post #102 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x331m View Post
Has anyone received a shipment notice for the HeadSix from Dr. Meier ?
Yes. Mine is shipping today. I can't wait to compare it to my PC mkIII.
post #103 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-DK View Post
Yes. Mine is shipping today. I can't wait to compare it to my PC mkIII.
It looks like "First come, first served".
post #104 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x331m View Post
It depends on how much you value your sound quality vs. cost. The Pico is not going to sound 2x as good as the HeadSix, and I assume that if the Pico sounds better at all. Sound quality is a personal preference.

Cost is HeadSix ($150) vs Pico ($300).
Thx 3x331m.
There is no problem if it is about 300$. (within the budget)
The point that sound quality doesn't double is correct.
I have failed in MOVE in last time.
(battery loose connection and trouble of plug)
Therefore, I will make it to Pico this time.
post #105 of 917
^ Me thinks you should shrink your sig, lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action