Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure Olives
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure Olives

post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 
Hi Guys!

I just brought a pair of ER6i's, and would love a pair of Shure Black Olives, but at the moment i seriously have no money!

I was basically wondering if anyone could be really generous, and send me a pair of Shure Olives that you do not use/are redundent.

If you will find it in the goodness of your heart, i will PM you my address....

Thanks in advance,

-= Matt =-
post #2 of 30
hey ok people dont give stuff away for free when you can get em free anyway, heres a hint and this is how i got some.

email shure distribution, make it a nice email, polite, and say i recently purchased your amazing earphones blah blah blah you get the hint...then say i wanted to change the foams and managed to rip them to peices in the process.

tell them you have owned the earphones for a week and the foams are the ones that give you the fit you like, tell them you have just paid so much for the earphones and would be greatful for some more foams but would prefer to not spend more money.

i said something similar and they sent me an email back asking for my address...there you have it a pack of 5 will be on your door step in 5 days or so
post #3 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
hey ok people dont give stuff away for free when you can get em free anyway, heres a hint and this is how i got some.

email shure distribution, make it a nice email, polite, and say i recently purchased your amazing earphones blah blah blah you get the hint...then say i wanted to change the foams and managed to rip them to peices in the process.

tell them you have owned the earphones for a week and the foams are the ones that give you the fit you like, tell them you have just paid so much for the earphones and would be greatful for some more foams but would prefer to not spend more money.

i said something similar and they sent me an email back asking for my address...there you have it a pack of 5 will be on your door step in 5 days or so
Dishonestly taking advantage of Shure's customer service is not the right thing to do.

It is quite possible that a generous HeadFier will oblige the original poster. No lying is required.
post #4 of 30
Thread Starter 
oh wow, thanks i will give it a go.....which ones shall i do, SE530's??

Thanks for the tip!

-= Matt =-

oh and....

PS. somone did give a pair away once, but i missed the second pair he offered by a few minutes...doh!
post #5 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp View Post
Dishonestly taking advantage of Shure's customer service is not the right thing to do.

It is quite possible that a generous HeadFier will oblige the original poster. No lying is required.
Ahh, didnt refresh before posting......

i will hold on a bit, just too see.......

My ER6i peach foamies in the smallest size (i got them when i brought them used, with many other pairs of tips) are verystained after 2 weeks, i love the fit, but uneconomical. I am not sure if they have been cut down, like another pair i have, but my favourites are 11mm long/tall, which Olive size do i need??

people rave about the Olives, and you can wash them safely, so i figured i'd give them a go some time, but saw some givenaway after a request, so thought i'd try, as this month i have no money, and have run out of my favourite sized foamies!!

head-fi

-= Matt =-
post #6 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp View Post
Dishonestly taking advantage of Shure's customer service is not the right thing to do.

It is quite possible that a generous HeadFier will oblige the original poster. No lying is required.
i wasnt being dishonest, someone like you should know i own the se530 and adore them, and i have ripped the foams once and was not impressed like i said i emailed telling my dissapointment and they sent me a pack of 5, its not being a thief or dishonest, its taking advantage of shures super service
post #7 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
i wasnt being dishonest, someone like you should know i own the se530 and adore them, and i have ripped the foams once and was not impressed like i said i emailed telling my dissapointment and they sent me a pack of 5, its not being a thief or dishonest, its taking advantage of shures super service
x2

You werent being dishonest

But i would be if i did it, but i am not bothered by that, as one of my relatives has spent thousands over the years on Shure equiptment, so it kind of makes up for it


I will wait a bit, but if nothing happens i will email their CS....
post #8 of 30
yeh man no reason why not, nothing comes free and as you said your family has spend enough so why not get something thats cheap anyway for nothing
post #9 of 30
Thread Starter 
what size doyou think i should try to get.....my favourite er6i foamie (i dont think has been cut down by previous owner) is 11mm tall........could someone measure their olive for me??

-= Matt =-
post #10 of 30
well medium are always a good size because it can squash smaller if needed
post #11 of 30
Thread Starter 
ok, so for me a just email: customerservices@shure.co.uk??
post #12 of 30
How bout you get a job? Then you won't have to try to con Shure customer service.
post #13 of 30
Thread Starter 
because im 14, and unlike most kids my age, i am not just freely given money by my parents.....i also am looking for a job where i can work in2 different places, as i am not always at home, and sometimes at my dads too.....

Also if you could get something free, why wouldnt you.....and i wasnt planning on it, until suggested, and also, it is hardly conning, as a relative of mine has spent thousands on Shure equiptment, just cos i dont own anything made by Shure, doesnt mean i dont know anyone who has got something made by Shure, so maybe i should get him to get them for me, as he owns shure equiptment.......

Anyway, i am going to do it if no one can be hugley kind and giveaway a pair they are not using....And it is none of your business what i should do.....
post #14 of 30
.
post #15 of 30
Maybe Shure will send you a pair if you tell them the truth, like a sample size or something.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure Olives