or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 40

post #586 of 3897
Anyone using livewire with cowon d2 or Dell axim (PDA) without any amps?

I am using shure e4c with my dell axim and cowon d2 prolly next day or 2 (just ordered). Any hissing sound on d2?

I really like my shure e4c + Dell axim combo but I am just curious if it's really upgrade from it. I really do enjoy details and punchy bass on my e4c. (only other earbud I tried was crappy sony 51ex and bose earbud)

If this has more detail with better bass I'm definitely sold, I was currently thinking of getting SE530 or this or denon c700.
post #587 of 3897
Here are some pics of my new set up. Hope this works I never posted pics before.
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #588 of 3897
Nice pics, did you unbling your livewires yourself?
post #589 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboji View Post
Here are some pics of my new set up. Hope this works I never posted pics before.
Nice, epoxy mod?
post #590 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by straden View Post
Anyone using livewire with cowon d2 or Dell axim (PDA) without any amps?

I am using shure e4c with my dell axim and cowon d2 prolly next day or 2 (just ordered). Any hissing sound on d2?

I really like my shure e4c + Dell axim combo but I am just curious if it's really upgrade from it. I really do enjoy details and punchy bass on my e4c. (only other earbud I tried was crappy sony 51ex and bose earbud)

If this has more detail with better bass I'm definitely sold, I was currently thinking of getting SE530 or this or denon c700.
I have an old Dell Axim....never thought of using it. What software are you using?
post #591 of 3897
Before I ordered the livewires I spoke to John Diles and I told him I wanted the connectors to be painted black. They did a pretty good job. I just have one question. These are my first set of custom iems or high end phones for that matter, how do I know I am getting a good seal?
post #592 of 3897
search for a sensaphonics seal test and run it - that's pretty much it
post #593 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternality.pl View Post
search for a sensaphonics seal test and run it - that's pretty much it

Thanks that really helped, I can hear both tones perfectly. I am using my Iphone as my source right with the EQ off. How are you EQ-ing your livewires? Don't really know to much about the EQ setting my Iphone.
post #594 of 3897
Well mine have just been shipped via FedEx 2-Day Priority, but on the tracking site it says:

Ship date
Feb 4, 2008
Estimated delivery
Feb 8, 2008 by 5:00 PM

So much for 2 days! We'll see how it goes, I hope I get them by Thursday 5pm (US Pacific) cause that is Friday here. If they get here on the FedEx specified date, will be Saturday, and since my work will be closed, will have to wait till Monday
post #595 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post
Well mine have just been shipped via FedEx 2-Day Priority, but on the tracking site it says:

Ship date
Feb 4, 2008
Estimated delivery
Feb 8, 2008 by 5:00 PM

So much for 2 days! We'll see how it goes, I hope I get them by Thursday 5pm (US Pacific) cause that is Friday here. If they get here on the FedEx specified date, will be Saturday, and since my work will be closed, will have to wait till Monday

I would have been shocked if they could do the 2 day for you!
post #596 of 3897
Hello all! i'm new to the forum! and i've been reading alot about LiveWires...and i've just sent my Impressions this afternoon !!!!!
And i have a question! How long does the turnaround time take? cus i phoned John this morning and he said they can do it in 2 weeks and send it back
post #597 of 3897
They can shorten the turnaround time if you need them as fast as possible. I kept a countdown, and I have 10 days left, assuming that the turnaround time is 21 days. They received my impressions on the 24th.
post #598 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiyako View Post
Hello all! i'm new to the forum! and i've been reading alot about LiveWires...and i've just sent my Impressions this afternoon !!!!!
And i have a question! How long does the turnaround time take? cus i phoned John this morning and he said they can do it in 2 weeks and send it back
FIRST POST!

They are running about 2-4 weeks right now, for delivery of the finished product.

Welcome to head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet...
post #599 of 3897
I've been asking Art at Earpeace various questions. I've posted some of these below since others might also be interested in the answers...

Q: The nature of custom IEMs means that refits are a possibility. If I find that I need a refit, do I just send the LiveWires back to you to modify or remake?
A: There are choices depending on the problem. There are a couple of things we might ask you to do to adjust. If that doesn't work, we would need to get them back. There are things that we can do to adjust without new impressions. However, there always is a possibility that you would need a new set of impressions.

Q: Will such refits incur additonal costs / charges?
A: From the EarPeace LiveWires side there would be no charge. However, if you needed a new impression, I would go back to the audiologist and ask them to redo the impressions for free. If that didn't work, I would find another audiologist. However, they would probably charge for the new impression.

Q: If I need a refit, do I need to send them back within a certain timeframe?
A: 30 days would work. However, if it was after that, we would still work with you and not charge.

Q: I'm aware of the 30 day refund policy, but do LiveWires come with any sort of warranty? If so, could you elaborate on the type of warranty and duration?
A: The warranty covers the breakage of any parts that are not caused by dropping, mishandling, etc. The warranty is for 1 year.

Q: If my LiveWires broke such that it needed to remade, how much would that cost?
A: If covered by warranty, and not due to dropping, mishandling, etc., nothing. After the warranty, would depend on condition. If the drivers and cable were still good, 1 side $70, 2 sides $140. If the drivers were not good, but the cable was still good, 1 side $115, 2 sides $230.

Q: I've read that there is an optional 50 ohm cable, to reduce hiss. Is this cable identical in weight and dimension to the normal cable?
A: Yes. The resistors are not visible.

Q: I assume the 50 ohm cable is to reduce hiss. Does it change the sound signature of the LiveWires significantly?
A: The addition of 50 ohms of resistance will not only eliminate the 'hiss' (from lower quality amplifiers i.e. on some iPods)that some listeners report when using Livewires. The additional resistance may also cast an acoustic 'film' over the wide response of our system. To some, this effect is imperceptible; to others, the change is quite noticeable. This issue is not relevant to on-stage performance due to the use of high quality amplifiers.

Q: In a video showing the custom IEM making process at Ultimate Ears, there is a stage where they tune the drivers since each and every mold is different. is there a similar process in the making of a set of LiveWires? If so, can I ask if there is a specific type of sound or frequency response you are tuning for?
A: As far as 'tuning' drivers goes, we are at a loss. We have confidence that our particular strategy of porting each driver to the end of the user's canal is extremely effective and that no further meddling is indicated or necessary. Our paired drivers are compatible with each other and need no other manipulation other than an acoustically acceptable crossover point.
post #600 of 3897
Thanks for sharing, chowk.

A useful summary of relevant information for us all - could be good for Livewires to edit and post as a FAQ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'