or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 33

post #481 of 3897
I used next day air to send them my impressions. It has been exactly a week today that they have received my impressions. I have not got any e-mail from John saying that they have shipped. Thinking it will take another week to ship out. By the way did any of you guys opt for the 50 ohm cable.
post #482 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboji View Post
I used next day air to send them my impressions. It has been exactly a week today that they have received my impressions. I have not got any e-mail from John saying that they have shipped. Thinking it will take another week to ship out. By the way did any of you guys opt for the 50 ohm cable.
I am considering it too, but I may not need it. My DAP is silent with the Denon C700 (16 ohms), and I think the Livewires are around 21 ohms? But my laptop is another source that I will use, and it hisses as much as my old Meizu SP.

How long should these normally last before having to refit? I got my impressions done and will be ready to ship them off to California, but am worried about it not fitting, mostly because I got closed mouth impressions instead of open mouth. I read somewhere that they should hold their fit for four years.

Edit: While I'm at it, anyone using the Cowon D2 + Livewires?
post #483 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboji View Post
I used next day air to send them my impressions. It has been exactly a week today that they have received my impressions. I have not got any e-mail from John saying that they have shipped. Thinking it will take another week to ship out. By the way did any of you guys opt for the 50 ohm cable.
Dude, with next day air it probably take right at 21 days. They get your impressions and send them to the east coast to get made. Then, they get them back and inspect them. And then they will ship them to you. The process is pretty quick if you think about all the shipping involved.
post #484 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboji View Post
I used next day air to send them my impressions. It has been exactly a week today that they have received my impressions. I have not got any e-mail from John saying that they have shipped. Thinking it will take another week to ship out. By the way did any of you guys opt for the 50 ohm cable.
Does the 50 ohm cable look just like the normal cable?
Or is there a bulge somewhere to accomodate a resistor?
Has anyone received or used one with their LW?
post #485 of 3897
50 ohm cable, looks interesting... however, the million dollar question; does it degrade soundquality?
post #486 of 3897
Anybody in Melbourne Australia found a suitable place to get impressions made?
I have rang a couple of places and they insist on making molds for $250, even though I have made it clear I don't need a mold just impressions. They keep telling me I need a mold or it isn't possible to make an impression without a mold. At these prices I may have to skip these livewires.
If anybody has found a place with reasonable pricing please advise.
post #487 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post
Anybody in Melbourne Australia found a suitable place to get impressions made?
I have rang a couple of places and they insist on making molds for $250, even though I have made it clear I don't need a mold just impressions. They keep telling me I need a mold or it isn't possible to make an impression without a mold. At these prices I may have to skip these livewires.
If anybody has found a place with reasonable pricing please advise.
Try a PM to FeedMeTrance. He's in your neck of the woods and just sent his impressions to Livewires.

As an alternative, download the Ultimate Ears guide for audiologists (from their website) to clearly instruct what you want done. It's obvious the audiologists you are contacting are not getting a clear understanding over the phone.
post #488 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbie64 View Post
Try a PM to FeedMeTrance. He's in your neck of the woods and just sent his impressions to Livewires.

As an alternative, download the Ultimate Ears guide for audiologists (from their website) to clearly instruct what you want done. It's obvious the audiologists you are contacting are not getting a clear understanding over the phone.
Have done, thank you.
post #489 of 3897
Has anyone tried the cable with 50ohm resistor? Sorry if this was brought up before.
post #490 of 3897
I dont know about the 50 ohm cable...but how about some livewire lovin'?











post #491 of 3897
wow - my nozzle is definitely shorter - about halfway of yours !

how is the fit ?? mine is ok, but I'm certainly thinking or remoulding - maybe the sq will be better if mine will be done longer like yours filipelli ?? ??
post #492 of 3897
The fit is actually very good for me. I have great seal on both sides and did not experience any seal issues when I first received them from livewires. I would have liked it to be a bit shorter, but it does not bother me...and it it facts deepens the sound for me. Great bass and clarity.

Why are you thinking of remolding eternality?
post #493 of 3897
Great pictures filipelli - how is the LiveWires + Zune 80 synergy? Is there much hiss?
post #494 of 3897
Are the 'stems' on the LiveWires normally longer like Filipelli's, I hope mine are as long, I don't want some short, pig-nosed snub on mine, the deeper, the better bass right?
post #495 of 3897
In another thread last year it was posted that 50ohm added an improvement in detail and clarity, while killing hiss without reducung bass.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'