Neither. for some reason they're both being weird...
I took the risk placing an order with the CA livewires, because i am local and John Diles was able to take my impressions for me, thus saving me $80 on impressions. maybe they'll turn out better than their reputation.
When i met him, he assured me he would be able to get them done in 2 weeks max. he encouraged me to call him some time next week and "bug him to see if he can make some calls" . On day 9 i called him to see what's going on, and he said they're really loaded, but he'll put my name ahead of others, and get it done in two weeks.
i called again on day 14, as he encouraged, and he said "I know they're in production, and i'll check up on them for you. I'll definitely have them here for you this week"
he tells me to call first thing the next day (day 15). which i do.
day 15: voicemail
i wait, thinking he's busy today, afterall he encouraged me to call, so he'd answer if he could right?
day 16: voice mail.
day 18: voicemail 2x and an email ignored.
It goes on as such.
so today the office number was called, not his personal number. and wouldn't you know? he's on vacation. He left on day 14, and encouraged me to call back on day 15.
basically, he had no intention of actually answering my call, and was just yanking me around me. duh.
Not to mention, the lady who answered the call, said that "he's a little aggressive about dates of completion, and our lab's running a week late. i doubt you'll have it this week."
so, it's already a week later than he firmly assured me they would be done, and i've got another 1-2 weeks to go.
I expected a week more than he would say, but 5-6 weeks? i think that's just poor management. i doubt they have enough business to justify that kind of a delay.
So, if anyone is considering the CA,
Basically John will tell you whatever he thinks you want to hear to get your business. A month is a more realistic estimation of turn-around.
-If you're local, and you're saving $80 on impressions this way, then it's arguably worth it.
-If you're going to have to pay for impressions either way, i'd suggest you take your business to the other office.