or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 217

post #3241 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobbert View Post
I asked for the same thing I've got EMS now, but wanted next day FedEx but it's over a $100 so agreed that wasn't reasonable and they did agree to give me a spare cable.
So I still believe they're a descent company but are just in one hell of a mess right now.
I paid for EMS, so asked them to upgrade me to FedEx ($15 difference, which IMO is not a lot considering they at least doubled the turnaround time). No reply from them.
post #3242 of 3897
Hockey, you have UE11's right?
post #3243 of 3897
getting em I am talking about my westone 3's I got with custom tips instead and I am sure as heck enjoying them
post #3244 of 3897
Ok, I called and they have received my headphones a month and 5 days ago. They just don't have a status update and haven't sent me an e-mail yet or answered the e-mail i sent 5 weeks ago.

And the girl on the phone sounded pretty drowsy.
post #3245 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanate View Post
Ok, I called and they have received my headphones a month and 5 days ago. They just don't have a status update and haven't sent me an e-mail yet or answered the e-mail i sent 5 weeks ago.

And the girl on the phone sounded pretty drowsy.
You sent your Livewires in for a refit? and waited more than a month?
post #3246 of 3897
Sort it out Earpeace, or It will be the "death" of you
post #3247 of 3897
it is too late for them unless they get some new orders which they fill really fast no one wants to order them right now since the wait is nuts
post #3248 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot5 View Post
You sent your Livewires in for a refit? and waited more than a month?
One of the driver fell out of the ear canal. And I asked for a re-dip also.

And more than a month since they actually received my Livewires.
post #3249 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanate View Post
One of the driver fell out of the ear canal. And I asked for a re-dip also.

And more than a month since they actually received my Livewires.
If I want my refund after these 7.5 weeks, it seems brutal to them, as they may have started the manufacturing process of my Livewires..... but really right now I have no trust in them.... Sigh... I guess I'll wait some more
post #3250 of 3897
all they do before they make ur iem's is cut the molds they don't work on them in a process it goes from start to finnish in a day. UE claims to be different but there is nothing that makes them have to wait time before they finnish them
post #3251 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyb213 View Post
all they do before they make ur iem's is cut the molds they don't work on them in a process it goes from start to finnish in a day. UE claims to be different but there is nothing that makes them have to wait time before they finnish them
Well then it's even worse! because with the older generation of ear impression materials, it deteriorates after just a few weeks... It has no guarantee that it will still be the same shape as my ears now. .... Now I have no expectation whatsoever in the Livewires after these 7.5 weeks..........
post #3252 of 3897
um in terms of material I believe their time of effective use is around 2 months but as far as your ears go it would take 3-4 years to have any noticeable change so I doubt that why don't you call em and ask them whats up?
post #3253 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyb213 View Post
um in terms of material I believe their time of effective use is around 2 months but as far as your ears go it would take 3-4 years to have any noticeable change so I doubt that why don't you call em and ask them whats up?
well, the 2 months is up anyway.... And it's only the silicone material that holds the shape well for longer... Mine wasn't that.

They did give me a reply of "what's up". Just to say it again: I mentioned about filing a complaint with my credit card company, and then as in a miracle I finally got one reply by email. John said they are expecting my order in mid-December... then I asked if they will upgrade my shipping (because they essentially MORE THAN DOUBLED the turnaround time as specified on the order sheet), but they did not reply.
post #3254 of 3897
Okay, here's my complete story:

week #44, 29 october, send my impressions
week #45, 07 november, impressions arrived at Earpeace
week #46, 11 november, payment was made
week #47, 21 november, got an update
week #49, 05 december, I should quote: "have" my LW's
week #50, 08 december, they "confirm" they'll have my LW's 12-9
week #50, 11 december, a miracle, they got and shipped my LW's

As you can see, at the end of this drama, the communication was very good.
That's because John stopped answering me and I got Art's private e-mail account. This guy did exactly explain the delays and always gave a next day reply.

In the end the turnaround time was 35 days (ex. shipping),
The email counter is at 33 messages,
And I got a free spare cable.

Hopefully I can post some pics and first impressions next week.

P.S. They offered to cancel and refund my order even when the LW's were made and ready. (yesterday)
post #3255 of 3897
Here's my (still incomplete) story:

Week 0, Oct 21 - Impressions arrived to LiveWires, credit card charged
Week 4 - Sent emails asking about the order (since the order form says 3-4 weeks). No reply.
Week 5 - Sent emails asking about the order. No reply again.
Week 6 - Sent another email, saying I will file a complaint with my credit card company. Got a reply saying they expect my order in mid-December
Week 7 - Asked about upgrading the shipping. No reply.
Week 7 - Asked about order status. No reply again.
Week 8, Dec 16 - Still no Livewires, and no reply.

So this is Day #56 (8 weeks) and still no Livewires, and next-to-non-existent communcation...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'