or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 204

post #3046 of 3897
baine's, you liking that setup?
post #3047 of 3897
Quite like the amp, would rather a D2 Boa, love the livewires, hate the Apple product

It isnt mine, just an ebay pic, i did explain haha!
post #3048 of 3897
Just to share something with you guys. Am still waiting for StevenKelby to send me his cables. Had these made by someone in the meantime.

Soundstage is a lot wider than the stock cable, plus, the bass hits harder and the mids and highs are more forward and engaging. Its as though you stepped out of your seat and moved to the edge of the stage from the audience.

Cable is made of 8 core braided silver and its is extremely well made.

Enjoy the pics!



post #3049 of 3897
Niiiice!

I thought white/silver cables would look bad with black plates, but not so! Now my Livewires can match my new D2 colour

I think i was meant to have another tester coming from steve, a more neutral but upgraded sound.... Hmmm, wonder what happened? Busy i guess, not seen him about.

Matt
post #3050 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post
Just to share something with you guys. Am still waiting for StevenKelby to send me his cables. Had these made by someone in the meantime.

Soundstage is a lot wider than the stock cable, plus, the bass hits harder and the mids and highs are more forward and engaging. Its as though you stepped out of your seat and moved to the edge of the stage from the audience.

Cable is made of 8 core braided silver and its is extremely well made.

Enjoy the pics!

PRETTY! I'm not sure I want mine to sound that forward, which is what the jenna labs cable did with the Livewires.
post #3051 of 3897
if I have shure 530's will the sound sig of livewires be to my liking? Also is it enough of a improvement to get em?
post #3052 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyb213 View Post
if I have shure 530's will the sound sig of livewires be to my liking? Also is it enough of a improvement to get em?
It depends on what other headphones you like. In general I think the SE530 are closer to a Sennheiser HD650 and LW are closer to a high end Grado like RS-1.
post #3053 of 3897
Where do you get the connectors for the Livewires? Have some 22 AWG silver plated copper wire dying to be made into something.
post #3054 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG POPPA View Post
Where do you get the connectors for the Livewires? Have some 22 AWG silver plated copper wire dying to be made into something.
They're standard mini-BNC if that's any help.
post #3055 of 3897
Got them at a local shop that sold coaxial connectors for their systems and machinery. Steven Kelby did mention that he had some for sale though. But i think he's pretty busy and caught up with work.
post #3056 of 3897
Apart from a recabled RS1 or HF1 i have heard HPA recc. what sub $80 used (long shot i know) can sounds like the Livewires?

Balanced sound, sparkly highs, good bass, comfy (velour pads prefered), doesnt need a big home amp, and is preferably closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
post #3057 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post
Apart from a recabled RS1, what sub $80 used (long shot i know) can sounds like the Livewires?

Balanced sound, sparkly highs, good bass, comfy (velour pads prefered), doesnt need a big home amp, and is preferably closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
Grado RS-60 are great value for money. They're about $120 over in England too.
post #3058 of 3897
Yeah, but they dont look too comfy, and are open... I have considered them though.

What do they sound like?

Any of you LW guys know if they are similar?

BTW, where are you in the south mate? I'm in Berkshire, used to be in Hampshire (round the corner from here) and my dad now lives in Hampshire.

Matt
post #3059 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post
Yeah, but they dont look too comfy, and are open... I have considered them though.

What do they sound like?

Any of you LW guys know if they are similar?

BTW, where are you in the south mate? I'm in Berkshire, used to be in Hampshire (round the corner from here) and my dad now lives in Hampshire.

Matt
The highs are sparkly, more than my Sony 7509HD that cost a lot more and while they're not analytical, they feel decently balanced. Nothings over emphasized and the bass is reasonably deep.

I live in Fareham, Hampshire (fancy that) and I'm looking to get Livewires too when I've sorted out my DAP and amp.
post #3060 of 3897
Im in Sandhurst, Berks at my mums, and Fleet, Hamps at my Dads. Used to be in Yateley.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'