or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 197

post #2941 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiyako View Post
also, Ezzieyguywuf , does the blockage affect your sound quality at all? do you need to send it back for cleaning?
Not at all, but just knowing that its in there irks me. Whenever I feel that I can part with them long enough, I will be sending them in so that they can make them thicker (i lose the seal sometimes in the left ear). I've been meaning to do this since I got them in June but I just don't want to part with them for any length of time.

BTW, I've been meaning to do a little mini review of these guys (would be my first) and will be, whenever I pull myself away from them long enough to do so. I absolutely love my Livewires and urge anyone who is looking for a budget custom to purchase them. The bass is exactly what i wanted! :bassy on bassy tracks and just present on tracks that calls for it. I LOVE these 'phones!!!

edit: keep the responses coming, I'd love for my 100th post to be in here :-D
post #2942 of 3897
So.. What happens to the ear impressions after the product is made? Does EarPeace throw them away?
post #2943 of 3897
Quote:
So.. What happens to the ear impressions after the product is made? Does EarPeace throw them away?
Quite the opposite, actually. They archive them, so that if at any point in the future you want a second pair, they have them on file to do them with. If you'd like, you can request that they send them back to you, which I'm sure they do with no problem. Seeing as to how I just bought a great pair of customs, though, I can't see why I would need the impressions, so I'm letting Earpiece hold on to them.

...
...
...

100th post! YAY
post #2944 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf View Post
Quite the opposite, actually. They archive them, so that if at any point in the future you want a second pair, they have them on file to do them with. If you'd like, you can request that they send them back to you, which I'm sure they do with no problem. Seeing as to how I just bought a great pair of customs, though, I can't see why I would need the impressions, so I'm letting Earpiece hold on to them.

...
...
...

100th post! YAY
Wa... so how large is their archive? A whole library of ear moulds? Quite a museum eh? With all the different colored moulds...
post #2945 of 3897
if you think about it, you could fit a pair of ear molds in prbably a 3in x 3in x 3in container, so storage is relatively small really. 1000 pairs would take up, roughly 15 cubic feet, or a square area of space thats about two and a half feet on a side. not bad huh?
post #2946 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf View Post
Not at all, but just knowing that its in there irks me. Whenever I feel that I can part with them long enough, I will be sending them in so that they can make them thicker (i lose the seal sometimes in the left ear). I've been meaning to do this since I got them in June but I just don't want to part with them for any length of time.

BTW, I've been meaning to do a little mini review of these guys (would be my first) and will be, whenever I pull myself away from them long enough to do so. I absolutely love my Livewires and urge anyone who is looking for a budget custom to purchase them. The bass is exactly what i wanted! :bassy on bassy tracks and just present on tracks that calls for it. I LOVE these 'phones!!!

edit: keep the responses coming, I'd love for my 100th post to be in here :-D
Please try my way cleaning my ears!

I used to have very serious problem (consider very serious for using IEM) with my ear wax in my left ear. Only since last few months I finally found a way to solve my ear wax problem. This is 100% effective to me. And to me, the first basis of keeping our earphones clean is to keep our ears clean. Every month, I used to go to a place where the lady will help me remove my left ear wax. And every month she will remove one huge solid piece of ear wax or else I will never be able to insert anything into my ear. And my right ear will not have the problem. This is really frustrating!

I found a 100% effective method to keep my ears clean now. My ear is very dry type, and maybe that's why I have huge solid ear wax on my left. Every shower, I will force the warm shower water into my ears. I keep doin it a few times until the ear canals are totally soak and wet, make sure let the water out of the ear and make sure don't keep them in the ears! right after shower, I will fully soak a cotton bud at both tips with water, and then I will dip the tips with olive oil. each tips for each ears. My reason of soaking the ear tips with water at fisrt is because without doing so the olive oil will be absorbed in the cotton and it won't be that effective. With the olive oil dipped, clean each ears with each tips thoroughly. In the process, you will find the ears is wet and full of olive oil. Then use another dry and new cotton bud to dry up and clean the excessive water and oil in both ears. repeat with another dry cotton bud if necessary. I normal repeat twice to make sure my ear is dry up properly and not too moisture.

From the first day I did this, I've not been having any more problem! I've been visiting the lady since I found out this method, actually it is a traditional hair saloon shop, where they provide ear cleaning service, I'm not sure any of you ever heard this before? Ever since then, the lady found not much ear wax in both of my ears, my ears were bassically clean! And ever since then, I've no more visiting the lady! It is still available with this kind of service in Malaysia, and they can do very good and safe job. Hope my sharing help with others. This is really a joy to me when I have no more facing the problem!
post #2947 of 3897
They dont keep the actual impressions IIRC, because they have to be scanned into a special machine to make the customs, so the dimensions will be saved onto a computer in a file to be used again... Probably some 3d rotatable digitally created ear impression from the dimensions the scanner gets.

The material the impressions are made of starts to shrink and wrinkle after a month of so anyway, so the dimensions must be stored somehow, I imagine in a digital file like i said above.

Anyway, if i get a new pair in a few years or a recase, they would advise new impressions, as my ear would have definatley changed, and if getting a new pair you might as well get a fresh seal.

Matt
post #2948 of 3897
Actually, after reading your post, I agree. Thats probably most likely what they do. But still, it is feasible that they could physically store everyones impressions :-D
post #2949 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post
They dont keep the actual impressions IIRC, because they have to be scanned into a special machine to make the customs, so the dimensions will be saved onto a computer in a file to be used again... Probably some 3d rotatable digitally created ear impression from the dimensions the scanner gets.
Interesting. Don't know where you heard that. When I met John at the Castro Valley office, I assumed they scanned the images, like the UE video shows. He told me they keep impressions. Those 3D scanners with mold generator are VERY expensive and do not add enough value to justify the cost. Remember, it's not enough to scan the impression. You have to "output" that scan into a new mold.

UE just had several $ million injected into the operation when they were acquired, and it shows very well. It does not necessarily translate into better results.

Ultimate Ears Custom Mfg Video Tour
post #2950 of 3897
Ohh, thats where i got the idea from. Seems i was wrong. How else would they create a shell so complexed and precise?

So they make a proper permenant mold with the impression to keep on file?

Matt
post #2951 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumFi View Post
Interesting. Don't know where you heard that. When I met John at the Castro Valley office, I assumed they scanned the images, like the UE video shows. He told me they keep impressions. Those 3D scanners with mold generator are VERY expensive and do not add enough value to justify the cost. Remember, it's not enough to scan the impression. You have to "output" that scan into a new mold.

UE just had several $ million injected into the operation when they were acquired, and it shows very well. It does not necessarily translate into better results.

Ultimate Ears Custom Mfg Video Tour
The silicon used in the impressions will shrink. Both The FreQ and my audiologist confirmed this. They are basically good for a couple months before the shrinkage would significantly affect the fit. The FreQ said they are good for 6 months, my audiologist said much less time.
post #2952 of 3897
my ear impressions shipped to Earpeace already being delivered and is shown in the tracking system. But it has been 2 days the tracking system shown the delivered status, I even wrote to them 3 days ago to notify them the courier had failed to deliver to them at the first time 5 days ago. I wonder when they will email me with the receive acknowledgement?
post #2953 of 3897
Sent my impressions on 06/08/08, John received them on 13/08/08 (Australia - USA).

Currently, my Livewires is on the way to Australia
Shipped out on 10/09/08, was originally scheduled to be shipped out on 29/08/08 but there was some delay.

Anyway, its still quicker than i expected, heard international orders will take months. Overall, i am very please with John's service.

Will post up pics when i get them next week
post #2954 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbird1927 View Post
Sent my impressions on 06/08/08, John received them on 13/08/08 (Australia - USA).

Currently, my Livewires is on the way to Australia
Shipped out on 10/09/08, was originally scheduled to be shipped out on 29/08/08 but there was some delay.

Anyway, its still quicker than i expected, heard international orders will take months. Overall, i am very please with John's service.

Will post up pics when i get them next week
Good to you, I really really hope I have my Livewires on time like you, at least about 1 month like you. For the moment, I've mixed feeling with them.

03/09/08 - shipped my ear impressions to them

06/09/08 - Item reached their office, but they probably closed on Saturday, and the tracking status stated that item can't be delivered and a note left at their office and will be resent. So, I was worried that either party will miss something, I wrote to Earpeace to make sure they receive them

08/09/08 - the tracking status shown that the item had redelivered and was sucessful. I wrote to them to request a reply from them for the confirmation.

11/09/08 - I still not receiving any email from them after 2 emails sent to them previously. So, I called them and they confirmed to me they have received it and the ear impressions already sent to production lab.

And until now, I still have not got any official notification from the email about the status of the ear impression, not an email at all. I understand that many had been complaining their slow respond with emails, but this been not happening to me. I've sent them numerous emails previously before I paid them, and all emails were surprisingly prompt. And only until I shipped the impressions, they have not been replying me. Shouldn't they notify their customers once they have received the impressions? I've got nothing from them so far.
post #2955 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by precsmo View Post
Good to you, I really really hope I have my Livewires on time like you, at least about 1 month like you. For the moment, I've mixed feeling with them.

03/09/08 - shipped my ear impressions to them

06/09/08 - Item reached their office, but they probably closed on Saturday, and the tracking status stated that item can't be delivered and a note left at their office and will be resent. So, I was worried that either party will miss something, I wrote to Earpeace to make sure they receive them

08/09/08 - the tracking status shown that the item had redelivered and was sucessful. I wrote to them to request a reply from them for the confirmation.

11/09/08 - I still not receiving any email from them after 2 emails sent to them previously. So, I called them and they confirmed to me they have received it and the ear impressions already sent to production lab.

And until now, I still have not got any official notification from the email about the status of the ear impression, not an email at all. I understand that many had been complaining their slow respond with emails, but this been not happening to me. I've sent them numerous emails previously before I paid them, and all emails were surprisingly prompt. And only until I shipped the impressions, they have not been replying me. Shouldn't they notify their customers once they have received the impressions? I've got nothing from them so far.
Take a chill pill, precsmo. You are going to give yourself a heart attack worrying so much about every little inconsequential detail of your order :-)

They have your impressions , you can either waste your time worrying about all the things that could go wrong OR you could get your girlfriend to give you a BJ. If you don't have a girlfriend you could spend your wait time looking for a smoking hot girl to become your girlfriend and give you a BJ.

Either way, you won't have time to worry about your FreQs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'