Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 182

post #2716 of 3897
they're not here

and work mailroom closes at 5.30pm noooooo!

5.27
... no call yet

5.30
... no call, guess I have to get it on Monday
post #2717 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post
they're not here

and work mailroom closes at 5.30pm noooooo!

5.27
... no call yet

5.30
... no call, guess I have to get it on Monday
Bummer. I sent them next day express guaranteed and made the last truck.
The LW cables will soon be doing the rounds to everyone who's interested in hearing them anyway.

Oh well, have a fun meet!
post #2718 of 3897
So all of us on the list will recieve both test cables?

Looking good. First would be a home cable (yes i use my livewires at home, sound great, matching that quality in a headphone = mega squids i dont have! I cant even afford something that wont sound as balanced and great like as cheap as an SR60 ) looks too "funky"/high end for use on the school bus on the way to school! I could use the first one out and about though.

If i bought one i dont know what combo i would go for sleeving/cable wise.

Any ideas on pricing yet Steven?

Thanks,

Matt
post #2719 of 3897
Just an update on my front...

... all this time later and I still have not received my redip. We're going on about 21 days since being hand-delivered back. There's a big metalfest down in Atlanta I'm going to and since I don't want to end up like Beethoven, I'd like to be able to wear them during the proceedings. Not to mention there's something about listening to Mozart while Slipknot's leaping around the stage doing their thing. :-D

This has become a very frustrating experience for me and, to be honest, if I ever get a pair of Custom IEMs again, I may look at the UE-11s simply because of the customer experience that I've had with LWs.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I originally ordered the LWs and got my impressions done by Earl himself on May 20th.
post #2720 of 3897
From flipping through the last couple dozen pages, I should send my impressions to the California office?

And does anyone know if I have to get them refitted that I have to pay duties again?

Canada -> Ear Impressions -> USA
USA -> LiveWires -> Canada - > Duties
Canada -> LiveWires -> USA
USA -> LiveWires -> Canada - > Duties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStewart422 View Post
Just an update on my front...

... all this time later and I still have not received my redip. We're going on about 21 days since being hand-delivered back. There's a big metalfest down in Atlanta I'm going to and since I don't want to end up like Beethoven, I'd like to be able to wear them during the proceedings. Not to mention there's something about listening to Mozart while Slipknot's leaping around the stage doing their thing. :-D

This has become a very frustrating experience for me and, to be honest, if I ever get a pair of Custom IEMs again, I may look at the UE-11s simply because of the customer experience that I've had with LWs.
I would give them a call.
post #2721 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebennybernard View Post
From flipping through the last couple dozen pages, I should send my impressions to the California office?
At this point I would certainly recommend that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebennybernard View Post
I would give them a call.
Yeah, I'm going to have to on Monday. Hopefully I won't join the list of horror stories who simply do not get an answer. I mean, it took nearly a month to get them in, I took them back the next day for a refitting, and now it's taken another. I love my SR-60s and all, but it's time for an upgrade and I've already spent money on these!
post #2722 of 3897
Yeah, it sounds like the Nashville department is a customer service graveyard.

Does anyone know if the LiveWires can be refitted for a cheaper price as well? And about how much they paid in total (any Canadians here?). Also, I remember using a EMS shipping service before, but I can't seem to remember what it was, anyone want to enlighten me?
post #2723 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebennybernard View Post
Yeah, it sounds like the Nashville department is a customer service graveyard.

Does anyone know if the LiveWires can be refitted for a cheaper price as well? And about how much they paid in total (any Canadians here?). Also, I remember using a EMS shipping service before, but I can't seem to remember what it was, anyone want to enlighten me?
What do you mean? Can someone else refit? I would suspect your audiologist could help. That's what they do

I have no idea what the cost would be though.

You could always use some clear acrylic hobby paint (or nail polish) and sandpaper (up to at least 800-1200 grit if you want them shiny) to, respectively, add and remove material.

Honestly, I think you and your audiologist would produce the best results. It must be very difficult to troubleshoot a fit problem, with something as complex as the shape of our ears, remotely. You can explain the problems your audiologist and they can look at them in your ears to determine the cause and proper course of action.
post #2724 of 3897
Has anybody here had their impressions done in Chicago?

Any recommendations?
post #2725 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi View Post
Has anybody here had their impressions done in Chicago?

Any recommendations?
Why don't you ask Livewires, maybe they'd know. Back when I ordered my Livewires, John had his assistant Andrew call all over Pasadena and Burbank to make an appointment with an audiologist for me. I know, they new and not that busy so they had the time.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they have a list of audiologists they know in various cities.
post #2726 of 3897
Ok cables are in, at work trying them through my Predator

CryO: very rigid and sturdy, microphonic with cables going down, minimized over ear, sound sig, very warm, bass is highlighted with these, def a better sound sig imho than stock cable

Black Cable: again, i think because they are new the cables are a bit stiff. black cable is a lot more lai back, def bring out the bass, not as clear as the cryo tho

Build quality: it's a StevenKelby, of course its gonna be good, very very well built cables, look so hot!

hard choice, i do like the warmth of the cryo cable, but i like the build of the black cable, ill send the cryo back (with steve's livewires which were left attached) to steve, as he hasn't tried it

will post more as i listen to the black one more
post #2727 of 3897
FMT, does microphonic much worse compare to a LW stock cable ? and how's treble on Cryo cable.

Is it 20 AWG or 22 AWG or smaller wire?

Thanks,
Chompop
post #2728 of 3897
Its probably been answered many times, but there are to many pages to check. What is the bass (im a bass head) on these livewires compared to UE superfi5pro? I know they arent the same... (custom<->universal) Im thinking about upgrading.
post #2729 of 3897
I have only been comparing the two Custom Cables side by side.

Using a Pico this time

The Cryo one defintly is going to suit those who value lower midrange and their bass. The Cryo brings out the warmth. THe black cable (I think silver is used in the actual cable) really brings out the highs. Listening to some JAzz at the Pawnshop, and the trumpets are a tad bit sharp.

It's difficult to choose one, I love the warmth the Cryo brings, but I love the build quality of the black one.

End result: I like the black one, despite being a techno person, I think these ar emuch more versatile, imagine the ER4 being in a custom earphone, and you pretty much have the LiveWires + SK Cable.

Let's just say, Steven has re-ignited the flame for me and my LiveWires and our very rocky relationship.

The Cryo one, with Steve's LiveWires will headback to him tomorrow.
post #2730 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post
THe black cable (I think silver is used in the actual cable) really brings out the highs. Listening to some JAzz at the Pawnshop, and the trumpets are a tad bit sharp.
The sharpness and lessened warmth is just a sign of lack of burn in. Give silver 120+ hours and THEN listen.

Do you know the guage of the silver, FMT? Thinnest is generally best SQ after burn in (but with portable equipment durability becomes a factor ).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'