or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 114

post #1696 of 3897
TBH, with clear cables, i can't see them being any less obtrusive than the blacks, since they'd need an outer casing (clear) over the coated wires (probably silver like UE). In my experience the UE clear cables are horrifically microphonic, and seem to have a mind of their own.
post #1697 of 3897
I've resolved getting past the guilt of spending $249 for Livewires.

I'm going to sell my current canalphones on the FS forum, and the GF is going to give me the extra 150 for my birthday!

Thanks for the enormous and enjoyable thread, Kosmic! I'll be heading to their Castro Valley offices in a matter of weeks.

I'm thinking about getting Red and Blue inners with Black faceplates unless somebody out there can recommend a better configuration.
post #1698 of 3897
Clear cable is the way to go! More of a reason to consider these over custom molds for ER-4p!
post #1699 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS View Post
Clear cable is the way to go! More of a reason to consider these over custom molds for ER-4p!
I might consider getting the clear cables if they look good enough. I've seen a lot of crappy looking clear cabling so I hope they get it right.
post #1700 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoufo51 View Post
I've resolved getting past the guilt of spending $249 for Livewires.

I'm going to sell my current canalphones on the FS forum, and the GF is going to give me the extra 150 for my birthday!

Thanks for the enormous and enjoyable thread, Kosmic! I'll be heading to their Castro Valley offices in a matter of weeks.

I'm thinking about getting Red and Blue inners with Black faceplates unless somebody out there can recommend a better configuration.
That's great, they make an awesome birthday present!
post #1701 of 3897
To all current Livewire owners:

I've been looking at the SuperFreQ thread and its highlighted an important difference between the two, and that difference seems to be about bass.

I've been reading this thead for quite some time now and everybody seems to be saying that the Livewires have "enough" or "plenty of" bass.

My question is, how much bass would you say the Livewires are capable of? Can they be compared to any other headphones in terms of bass? Do any of you feel at all that the Livewires may be bass inadequate? I'm just curious. I know I'll be getting an IEM that is better than most, but is the Livewire's flat sound sig enough for anybody here who needs a certain amount of bass?
post #1702 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post
no that is delta goodrem - Delta Goodrem's Official Site - only like the best and hottest female singer out there (awaits ppl to start delta bashing me :P)

Oops...looks a little like Olivia in her heyday

At least it's not Celine Dion... Most can't stand her here in the states...
post #1703 of 3897
OMG GUYS I GOT MY LIVEWIRES TODAY. WELL JUST NOW. I M ABOUT TO OPEN THE PACKAGE. I WILL POST PICS IN A BIT. ANY TIPS ON INSERTION????
post #1704 of 3897
Twist backwards when inserting, twist forwards when removing.
post #1705 of 3897
fit in left is tight. not so much in the right.right i cant be 100% sure though because im sick and my hearing is screwed up. I can hear better in one ear than the other. What ****ty timing. I mastered getting them in and out already. but yeah left does feel "tighter"
post #1706 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
OMG GUYS I GOT MY LIVEWIRES TODAY. WELL JUST NOW. I M ABOUT TO OPEN THE PACKAGE. I WILL POST PICS IN A BIT. ANY TIPS ON INSERTION????
Congrats! Elluzion!
Please do tell us your impression and pics too!
post #1707 of 3897
wtf i can only hear most of the sound in 1 ear. i hear a little out of the other ear. my left ear I can barely hear any sound. I don't know if tihs is because im sick or the livewires. but i just plopped on my Ultrasone 750's and I can hear in both. The soundstage feels like its being played on the very right side of the stage... er
post #1708 of 3897
when did you send yours in, elluzion?
post #1709 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
OMG GUYS I GOT MY LIVEWIRES TODAY. WELL JUST NOW. I M ABOUT TO OPEN THE PACKAGE. I WILL POST PICS IN A BIT. ANY TIPS ON INSERTION????
Don't force them in!

I use the top tip as a pivot. I position this part in my ear first (Holding this part in place with my forefinger), and then pivot the canal section in (I press this part in with my thumb).
post #1710 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
wtf i can only hear most of the sound in 1 ear. i hear a little out of the other ear. my left ear I can barely hear any sound. I don't know if tihs is because im sick or the livewires. but i just plopped on my Ultrasone 750's and I can hear in both. The soundstage feels like its being played on the very right side of the stage... er
1) Make sure you have the leads properly, and firmly connected: red to red

2) Make sure your Livewires are properly inserted into your ears.

3) make sure the cable to your dap is properly inserted!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'