or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 107

post #1591 of 3897
Ok, so I've been going through these forums for about two or three weeks now, looking for the perfect IEM to match my brand spanking new cowon D2 that will ship on tuesday (I hope!) . I was on the fence about these livewires for a couple of reasons, one being that at first I only wanted to spend ~$150 on my IEMS. :-P My other concern was that I would not get all the bass that I want, and I started leaning real heavily towards the UE 5 EBs: you see, i'm using some Bose Triport In-Ears right now (they were a b-day present) and although the bass on them is aight the overall sound, in my opinion, is muddy. I LOVE my Grado SR-60s, I just wish the bass was more in my face. I finally decided to get these livewires b/c the general consensus seems to be that they have a relatively flat sound sig, so I'm banking on them reproducing bass accurately on bass heavy tracks, like most of Young Jeezy's stuff :-D

Anyways, I'm thinking about doin red with black faceplates, but I would really love to see some pictures of some of the other colors; particularly I'd like to see the red faceplates. I attend NC State University and our colors are red and black, and i'm tryin to rep hard :-)

Also, i'm considering buying an amp, but I really want to keep my rig super portable. I've never used an amp before so my curiosity is kind of getting the better of me. I'm pretty sure the D2 will drive the livewires fine sans amp, but does anyone out there have any experience with this player, these IEMs and an amp?

Finally (I'm real sorry for this long post guys!) what kind of affect does the 50 ohm resistor have on the sound etc... I don't want to hear any hiss comin out of my player.
post #1592 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf View Post
Ok, so I've been going through these forums for about two or three weeks now, looking for the perfect IEM to match my brand spanking new cowon D2 that will ship on tuesday (I hope!) . I was on the fence about these livewires for a couple of reasons, one being that at first I only wanted to spend ~$150 on my IEMS. :-P My other concern was that I would not get all the bass that I want, and I started leaning real heavily towards the UE 5 EBs: you see, i'm using some Bose Triport In-Ears right now (they were a b-day present) and although the bass on them is aight the overall sound, in my opinion, is muddy. I LOVE my Grado SR-60s, I just wish the bass was more in my face. I finally decided to get these livewires b/c the general consensus seems to be that they have a relatively flat sound sig, so I'm banking on them reproducing bass accurately on bass heavy tracks, like most of Young Jeezy's stuff :-D

Anyways, I'm thinking about doin red with black faceplates, but I would really love to see some pictures of some of the other colors; particularly I'd like to see the red faceplates. I attend NC State University and our colors are red and black, and i'm tryin to rep hard :-)

Also, i'm considering buying an amp, but I really want to keep my rig super portable. I've never used an amp before so my curiosity is kind of getting the better of me. I'm pretty sure the D2 will drive the livewires fine sans amp, but does anyone out there have any experience with this player, these IEMs and an amp?

Finally (I'm real sorry for this long post guys!) what kind of affect does the 50 ohm resistor have on the sound etc... I don't want to hear any hiss comin out of my player.
Glad you decided to go for the livewires. Their is a picture thread for the livewires, but I don't think I have seen red faceplates...

The D2 will be fine with the livewires, but the amp may help and is worth a try. The 50 ohm resistor eliminates hiss, but at a cost. I think highs are really piercing or something from it. But you DON'T want the 50 ohm cable unless if you get your livewires and the hiss is really bad. From any portable player you will probably get a little hiss (some none), but an amp would help with that also. GOOD LUCK


Quote:
Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
It is not about the volume - all sensitive IEM's such as the LW, FreQs, UE Triple.Fi's, Shure SE530, etc. will sound plenty "loud" out of most portable players, but that does not mean that an amp is a waste of time/money.

The mini^3 amp "should" make things sound better. Wait until you get the LW's, then listen at the same volume level back and forth for a couple of days to a week. If "you" feel there is no improvement in the sound, then sell the mini^3.

Will
Ok thanks. Yeah i will have to burn in the Amp also, because its brand new pretty much. I will probably hit around 200 hours on it or so before judging the sound quality, same with the Livewires.
post #1593 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf View Post
I finally decided to get these livewires b/c the general consensus seems to be that they have a relatively flat sound sig, so I'm banking on them reproducing bass accurately on bass heavy tracks, like most of Young Jeezy's stuff :-D
Then you've made the right choice, congrats!
post #1594 of 3897
Hello all,
i'm so exciting for my liveWires return tomorrow. I sent it back for a re-dip about 3 weeks ago!!! and i just bought RSA Predator. Though i'm still waiting on my DIY interconnect cable from Stevenkelby *from the forum*
I hope i made the right combination...and hopfully the LiveWires has fixed my Right Ear Monitor's Fit and Seal issue.
i just can't wait....hahahha
post #1595 of 3897
Wow Tiyako awesome setup, StevenKelby is a genius with cables, that is a fantastic setup you will have!

I saw my audiologist who was so keen on my earphones, she tested then and stuff, and said there was a seal issue and yeah.

So she made me 2 sets, open mouth and closed mouth, and stuff, so now to send them back to LWs for a brand new set, going to join team black/red/black/blue!

w00 - next on my shopping list: k701 (maybe) and a predator - if i can trade my goodies
post #1596 of 3897
Dear FMT, i've heard the problem you had.....but i guess people like us who have problem with fit issues...just had to wait patiently and hope for the best...and to give it a chance. After all LiveWires is still quite new. But i think the end result is worth all the trouble and waiting, but of course....with the trouble would be better...hahahha
I've saved up the $ for the Predator for quite some time.....and i've heard Stevenkelby is a Genius Cable DIYer too! i'm really looking forward to the cable...so i can actually test my Predator.
My setup will be: Iaudio Cowon D2 8GB + LiveWires + RSA Predator with Stevenkelby 22G Jena + 20G Cryo Silver mini to mini SwitchCraft Connectors.
Now i'm just wondering where i can find some decent Velcro to bond the Amp with my player. Because i live in canada...so i don't really know where to get them.....
And i wish you the Best of Luck! Dear FMT!
I hope my issues are fixed too.
Cheers!
Tiyako
post #1597 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post

I saw my audiologist who was so keen on my earphones, she tested then and stuff, and said there was a seal issue and yeah.

So she made me 2 sets, open mouth and closed mouth, and stuff, so now to send them back to LWs for a brand new set, going to join team black/red/black/blue!
Great!
post #1598 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic View Post
That'll do nicely!
I love my LiveWires
post #1599 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiyako View Post
Hello all,
i'm so exciting for my liveWires return tomorrow. I sent it back for a re-dip about 3 weeks ago!!! and i just bought RSA Predator. Though i'm still waiting on my DIY interconnect cable from Stevenkelby *from the forum*
I hope i made the right combination...and hopfully the LiveWires has fixed my Right Ear Monitor's Fit and Seal issue.
i just can't wait....hahahha
when they do redips, does it mess up the "looks" of the livewires at all?
post #1600 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
when they do redips, does it mess up the "looks" of the livewires at all?
nope. looks the same.
post #1601 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
nope. looks the same.
Ok thanks.
post #1602 of 3897
hey all!!!
I just recieved my LiveWires back! so far, the seal is great! still need some experience with my face expression and enviromental effect to see if the Seal is Good enough.
Dear Elluzion , after re-dip i see that it looks like new...so there's no problem with that!
post #1603 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiyako View Post
hey all!!!
I just recieved my LiveWires back! so far, the seal is great! still need some experience with my face expression and enviromental effect to see if the Seal is Good enough.
Dear Elluzion , after re-dip i see that it looks like new...so there's no problem with that!
Thanks for clearing that up. So say one side doesn't seal as well, all they do is re-dip it?
post #1604 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiyako View Post
hey all!!!
I just recieved my LiveWires back! so far, the seal is great! still need some experience with my face expression and enviromental effect to see if the Seal is Good enough.
Dear Elluzion , after re-dip i see that it looks like new...so there's no problem with that!
Brilliant!
post #1605 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohji View Post
Has anyone customized the internal label that has the name and serial number on it? I think this is the only part of the LiveWire design that looks cheap. I was wondering if the label could be made smaller or somehow hidden deeper inside the monitors. From the pictures I've seen here, it looks like someone just printed the text and cut it out with some scissors and stuck it in. I'd like to keep the label but yet make it more cosmetically pleasing -- has anyone tried this?
yeah that's my only complain about LWs. The name and serial just looks so cheezy. If they charged everyone $5 extra and buy a laser engraver, that would be well worth it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'