or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 100

post #1486 of 3897
To clear things up, no i cant hear an audible difference, maybe just a bad flac album, i dont know. Reccommend me some songs to test. Also, my livewires were complimentary, and i am only borrowing an amp.

I buy this stuff cos i like to choose the sound signiture, of which the livewires fit my tastes perfectly, and seal over everyday, standard earbuds, and are comfortable.

I know it sounds good, even when listening to lossy files, its great, and better than i have ever experianced.

Matt
post #1487 of 3897
Hi all,

I've just gotten my impressions done and sent out on Monday, and am now awaiting eagerly for Livewires, which will possibly take a couple of months or more...I live in Singapore you see...


This thread is certainly a good source of reference on Livewires, and now going 149 pages here, I've got to admit that's a chunk of discussion and information, which I admittedly, have not finished reading every single post.

I'm a newbie as far as iems are concerned, and had always used my ibuds with all my ipods. In fact, if not for my last ibud that was broken by my daughter, I'd not have been seriously looking for a better pair of iems.

I'm now using the Crossroads X3i for the time being, which to me, has a great sound for a steal (its only USD $57). And now that I'm hooked, I decided to take a plunge and get myself the Livewires!

I'm just glad to have found a community like yourselves, and I hope to learn from you guys as much as I can, cheers!
post #1488 of 3897
Hi fellow Singaporean!! I got the livewires last november, it took me 10 weeks!! I have the Crossroads X3 too. If you think the X3i is the "best", wait till you get your livewires! XD
post #1489 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
Hi all,

I've just gotten my impressions done and sent out on Monday, and am now awaiting eagerly for Livewires, which will possibly take a couple of months or more...I live in Singapore you see...


This thread is certainly a good source of reference on Livewires, and now going 149 pages here, I've got to admit that's a chunk of discussion and information, which I admittedly, have not finished reading every single post.

I'm a newbie as far as iems are concerned, and had always used my ibuds with all my ipods. In fact, if not for my last ibud that was broken by my daughter, I'd not have been seriously looking for a better pair of iems.

I'm now using the Crossroads X3i for the time being, which to me, has a great sound for a steal (its only USD $57). And now that I'm hooked, I decided to take a plunge and get myself the Livewires!

I'm just glad to have found a community like yourselves, and I hope to learn from you guys as much as I can, cheers!
Congrats Hobbit, and welcome to Head-Fi and the Livewire family!

We will wait eagerly with you for the arrival of your Livewires. Hopefully not a long wait.

Don't forget to post pics when they arrive. What colour combo did you choose?
post #1490 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post

Wanna experiance mad deep bass that seems to sound like a boy racers sub, but clear, and deep Livewires owners?
So Grasshopper, you want to go low?

How low do you want to go?

Test at your own risk! (Not suitable for non-Livewire owners!!!)
post #1491 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
Hi all,

I've just gotten my impressions done and sent out on Monday, and am now awaiting eagerly for Livewires, which will possibly take a couple of months or more...I live in Singapore you see...


This thread is certainly a good source of reference on Livewires, and now going 149 pages here, I've got to admit that's a chunk of discussion and information, which I admittedly, have not finished reading every single post.

I'm a newbie as far as iems are concerned, and had always used my ibuds with all my ipods. In fact, if not for my last ibud that was broken by my daughter, I'd not have been seriously looking for a better pair of iems.

I'm now using the Crossroads X3i for the time being, which to me, has a great sound for a steal (its only USD $57). And now that I'm hooked, I decided to take a plunge and get myself the Livewires!

I'm just glad to have found a community like yourselves, and I hope to learn from you guys as much as I can, cheers!

Welcome to head-fi Hobbit! and to the LW family! So who would be the mom and the dad I wonder...not me not me!
post #1492 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonereaction View Post
Hi fellow Singaporean!! I got the livewires last november, it took me 10 weeks!! I have the Crossroads X3 too. If you think the X3i is the "best", wait till you get your livewires! XD
Hi lonereaction, it is certainly great to see a fellow countryman in an international forum!

Nah, I never thought the X3i is the best, but for what it is worth, it is certainly one of the best in its class. I've actually auditioned the UM1 and the Super Fi 3, but I still liked the sound of the x3i.

Btw, how long did it take your Livewires to arrive at your doorstep? I had my impressions done by Wilson and Gabriel at Jaben, and I think they have done a wonderful job and are thoroughly professional. In fact, Uncle Wilson repeated the impression on my left ear as he wasn't satisfied with the first one.
post #1493 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic View Post
Congrats Hobbit, and welcome to Head-Fi and the Livewire family!

We will wait eagerly with you for the arrival of your Livewires. Hopefully not a long wait.

Don't forget to post pics when they arrive. What colour combo did you choose?
H Kosmic,

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm sure you guys are a bunch of hospitable folks!

I've gotten a black face plate with a clear shell...initially, I thought I'd like one like yours, with the blue face plate, but on second thought, I decided on a black face plate because I don't think I can carry the bright colour off.
post #1494 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipelli View Post
Welcome to head-fi Hobbit! and to the LW family! So who would be the mom and the dad I wonder...not me not me!
Hey thanks filipelli, for your welcome! So, who's gonna be mom and pop to a little hobbit? :P
post #1495 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic View Post
So Grasshopper, you want to go low?

How low do you want to go?
Test at your own risk! (Not suitable for non-Livewire owners!!!)

Why do you say it is only suitable for Livewires?
post #1496 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
Btw, how long did it take your Livewires to arrive at your doorstep? I had my impressions done by Wilson and Gabriel at Jaben, and I think they have done a wonderful job and are thoroughly professional. In fact, Uncle Wilson repeated the impression on my left ear as he wasn't satisfied with the first one.
I did say 10 weeks! XD Too be more specific, I made impressions around early september (wow, I had to check..) and got it in mid november.
post #1497 of 3897
How will these compare with the Triple Fi 10 Pro? and with the e500s and Etys 4R/P?

I assume that from the comfortability they will wonderful but sound quality wise?

Regards
post #1498 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.N View Post
Why do you say it is only suitable for Livewires?
No no Grasshopper, Livewire owners!

And why you say, only Livewire owners?

Because Grasshopper, their Kung Fu is strong!
post #1499 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsvansanten View Post
They also told me that they are not creating LiveWires with the faceplate in the light blue shade like Kosmic has (which I asked for).
They're not?

Team Clear Blue are doomed!
post #1500 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic View Post
They're not?

Team Clear Blue are doomed!
that means the blue is actually worth something! you have a limited edition lol....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'