Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 9

post #121 of 3895
you think you have a pair of defective livewires? what's going on?i' looking to get another set and am interested to know what kinds of probls people are having, if any?
post #122 of 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
Guys sorry to jump in (didn't think it was worthy of a topic), but what are you using to clean the livewires (apart from the tool to get out wax) I mean the actual outer shells? I'm trying to think of a solution that will clean them, and get rid of germs (but be safe for later use when putting it in my ear). Right now I'm just a slightly damp moisturising pad to wipe off the wax etc, but over time I guess germs will be building up and something a little tougher than water will be needed
I clean them as I've always cleaned IEMs - with medical alcoholic swabs (available generally from a chemist). I clean them on taking them out, so they are cleaned and ready for next use. A cursory clean of the ears before use also minimises the cleaning of the Livewires after use.
post #123 of 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbie64 View Post
I clean them as I've always cleaned IEMs - with medical alcoholic swabs (available generally from a chemist). I clean them on taking them out, so they are cleaned and ready for next use. A cursory clean of the ears before use also minimises the cleaning of the Livewires after use.
...don't clean your ears. Our ears clean themselves. All cleaning them does is scratch them, which isn't good.

If you have a lot of wax buildup that isn't going away normally, see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor, or an audiologist.
post #124 of 3895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewireuser View Post
you think you have a pair of defective livewires? what's going on?i' looking to get another set and am interested to know what kinds of probls people are having, if any?
Who are you referring to?

Defective? no...but a bad fit is possible but rare.

You must really love your Livewires to get another pair! What do you find so appealing about them?
post #125 of 3895
Why get 2 pairs?

Ok you can have different colours but for that amount of money???

I got an amazing idea...

Buy me a pair!!
post #126 of 3895
So I GOT THEM! Very fast ship on Livewires part, and so far so good! I got the blue and red with the black faceplates and I just have to say they look just as good in person as they do in all the promotional photos. The fit is nice, and I am able to retain a good seal. I think these phones would be good with some burn in, so I am burning them in as I listen, of course with a grain of salt.


I am not sure what all the hubbub is about concerning removing the livewires. I just grab the gold plug and pull it out just fine...haha so these techniques are lost on me!
post #127 of 3895
Can you post some pics plz?

The colours you chosen should make it look amazing!!
post #128 of 3895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipelli View Post
So I GOT THEM! Very fast ship on Livewires part, and so far so good! I got the blue and red with the black faceplates and I just have to say they look just as good in person as they do in all the promotional photos. The fit is nice, and I am able to retain a good seal. I think these phones would be good with some burn in, so I am burning them in as I listen, of course with a grain of salt.
Congrats!!!

Burn in does work. I've had great success with this Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipelli View Post
I am not sure what all the hubbub is about concerning removing the livewires. I just grab the gold plug and pull it out just fine...haha so these techniques are lost on me!
LIVEWIRES Removal Instructions:

Never use the electrical leads to remove the earpiece

If you continue to remove in that way you will lose that lovely secure click when you plug the cables in.
post #129 of 3895


Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic - that's all I have.

Creative Zen > Tomahawk > Skyline 1 inch mini > Livewires!


I don't YANK! No way! I just hold and shimmy the ear piece out. The connectors are SOLID, can't even move freely on their own. Very nice.

Here is another ugly one...the lighting makes the ear piece look orange - but its a deeep ruby red.

post #130 of 3895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipelli View Post
I don't YANK! No way! I just hold and shimmy the ear piece out. The connectors are SOLID, can't even move freely on their own. Very nice.
They will loosen with time. Trust me.
post #131 of 3895
OK Nice one.

What colour is it, Blue + Red or Brown

What colour faceplates?
post #132 of 3895
Are the connectors on the faceplate 24/7 or can you take them off.
post #133 of 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipelli View Post
I am not sure what all the hubbub is about concerning removing the livewires. I just grab the gold plug and pull it out just fine...haha so these techniques are lost on me!
Just push up and forward behind your ear, and the Livewires will pop out far enough to remove easily by grabbing the shell. If you don't remove it at this stage, the seal is broken and you can hear what's going on around you. When you're done listening to your environment, push on the faceplate back into your ear and you have a great seal to continue listening. Livewires PTH.
post #134 of 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic View Post
They will loosen with time. Trust me.


haha okay, good to know. Well I got another method. Instead of pushing up from behind the ear, I just push the side of the flap down far enough for my finger to tuck behind the ear piece. Comes out in a snap.

I can definitely do without the memory wire sleeve though. I think I might cut it off, the tubing makes it harder for me to put the pieces in quickly, as comparable to my um1s.

They are red and blue with black faceplates.
post #135 of 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1012007 View Post
Are the connectors on the faceplate 24/7 or can you take them off.
I don't own these so I can't say I've taken them off, but I know the connector and I've seen them disconnected easily in pictures, etc. so I would say they SHOULD be able to be pulled off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'