or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 72

post #1066 of 3897
So far, I had my livewires on my head for an hour or so. As its been stated, these are really sensitive (i even hear music on my 0404 usb with the volume knob all the way down) The detail In songs is amazing, way better than my denon d2000. I'm finding myself loving metal again on the livewires, it sounds just perfect, as metal sounded "boomy" on the denons. On the other hand, pop like Gwen Stefani and Timbaland don't sound as good as my denons.

So far, these livewires pack a great deal of sound, and I have no complaints in that department.

But as far as fit goes, one earpiece is longer than the other. And I have two very different fits on each ear. My left easr has a shorter earpiece and fits looser, and because of that feels transparent in my ear, and is easy to put in and take out. Has no effect on sound, from what I could tell. My right earpiece is longer, and I feel it in my ear more so than the left. It is also harder to put in, and take out. My left i can put it and take out in seconds, my right takes me a good minute, as i struggle with the length of it.

Hopefully its just something to get used to.

Pics to come tomorrow.
post #1067 of 3897
Ant0ik, how's the bass on the LW's? The more in depth your response, the better. This is mine, and many others, big deterrents.
post #1068 of 3897
i think im going with the freq's instead. sorry livewires.
post #1069 of 3897
Elluzion, why?
post #1070 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by boclcown View Post
Elluzion, why?
Well the 2 people that have the livewires and freq's say the Freq's are better. I am not worried about the cord, FreQ has good warranty/communication. Good pricing for what you get, Tripple Driver. It wins for me...
post #1071 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by boclcown View Post
Ant0ik, how's the bass on the LW's? The more in depth your response, the better. This is mine, and many others, big deterrents.
I haven't had a chance to listen to any 'bass heavy' music yet, so I can't say for sure, but from the stuff i listened to, its very balanced and "just right". The only time i was dissapointed thus far has been when I turned on Counter Strike, and the ingame sounds were awful, but that ha to due with the sounds not being very good to begin with.
post #1072 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
Good pricing for what you get, Tripple Driver.
Three drivers doesn't necessarily mean it will be sonically better than say a one driver design.

But good luck on your purchase!
post #1073 of 3897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boclcown View Post
Ant0ik, how's the bass on the LW's? The more in depth your response, the better. This is mine, and many others, big deterrents.
The bass go's low, deep and detailed. It responds brilliantly to EQ also, if you want to add an almost subsonic feel to it.

I have bass freak moments, where I crave bass, the Livewires always satisy.

How low do you want to go?
post #1074 of 3897
I would choose Livewires even if i was paying.

They sound like they sound great, and the design is great.

Cs is good although slow at the moment via email.

The gunmetal freqs look good though, but if i had the dough for any in the first place, the ue11's sound great, and the smokey black looks great. They cost wayyyy more though!

So any answers to my previous posts questions? Please!!

Matt
post #1075 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post
I would choose Livewires even if i was paying.

They sound like they sound great, and the design is great.

Cs is good although slow at the moment via email.

The gunmetal freqs look good though, but if i had the dough for any in the first place, the ue11's sound great, and the smokey black looks great. They cost wayyyy more though!

So any answers to my previous posts questions? Please!!

Matt
you would choose livewires because u had a pair to listen to. if freq gave u a pair to listen to and livewires didnt, maybe it would turn out different

im not trying to be negative in any of the customs, all customs should get respects. but each to his / her own when they choose.

if i had money, id go for ue11 too =D.
post #1076 of 3897
True, i am kind of biased, although i will be writing a review/impressions.

When they arrive and i get back from France i will upload it and try to trade my ER6i's and CX300's for an amp i think, although maybe a small capacity flash player toss around.

Matt
post #1077 of 3897
I am sure the livewires are great headphones. I am not going to post anymore about the FreQ's in here because I will get shot down and nothing good will come of it.
post #1078 of 3897
Well. My Livewires are finally here.

First impressions:

- They are huge!!!. First question: are these going to fit in my ears?

- First time, I inserted them incorrectly, so they sounded like the Etys 4p.

- Second Time, I pulled the back of my ears and inserted them, so they fit perfect inside my ears (perfect seal).

- After this second try, wow!!. It's like the Etys with bass!!. Nice.

- Sound is very accurate

- Very comfortable. I can barely feel them in my ears!

- Bass, mids and highs are just there. Nothing is over done. The most neutral IEMs, so far.

- I closed my eyes, and sound stage is on the first row. In front of your face.

- Separation is clear. Instruments can be clearly pin pointed.

- Very revealing. You can hear all imperfections of recordings

- It's fast as the Ety Er4p, but more controlled. No piecing treble!!

- Instruments sound very natural.

- No pressure points, anywhere. This is great!.

Very nice Livewires. I am very impressed with the sound quality. After you get the right seal, it's a very fun custom IEM, to listen. Finally an IEM that doesn't make my ears irritated and I can enjoy for more than one hour. Thumbs up to Livewires.



TURBO
post #1079 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
Well. My Livewires are finally here.

First impressions:

- They are huge!!!. First question: are these going to fit in my ears?

- First time, I inserted them incorrectly, so they sounded like the Etys 4p.

- Second Time, I pulled the back of my ears and inserted them, so they fit perfect inside my ears (perfect seal).

- After this second try, wow!!. It's like the Etys with bass!!. Nice.

- Sound is very accurate

- Very comfortable. I can barely feel them in my ears!

- Bass, mids and highs are just there. Nothing is over done. The most neutral IEMs, so far.

- I closed my eyes, and sound stage is on the first row. In front of your face.

- Separation is clear. Instruments can be clearly pin pointed.

- Very revealing. You can hear all imperfections of recordings

- It's fast as the Ety Er4p, but more controlled. No piecing treble!!

- Instruments sound very natural.

- No pressure points, anywhere. This is great!.

Very nice Livewires. I am very impressed with the sound quality. After you get the right seal, it's a very fun custom IEM, to listen. Finally an IEM that doesn't make my ears irritated and I can enjoy for more than one hour. Thumbs up to Livewires.



TURBO
Great little review. Pictures?
post #1080 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
Great little review. Pictures?
I saw that coming!. Sure:

Check the size of those, compared to the touch. And I find the touch big.!!









New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'