or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Livewires - California Dreamin' - Page 71

post #1051 of 3897
My livewires came, they sound good thus far, I think fit is good, too busy listening to post photos, but they will surely come.

Only complaint, is that they put in the Name tag on the earpieces, although i didn't want them, but atleast it's only my Last name and initial, so I'm not worried.
post #1052 of 3897
In another thread elluzion asked me this:

Quote:
I will be using the LIvewires with just a 5th Gen Ipod, Will they hiss? I dont use an amp...
What do you think?

I said this:
Quote:
I don't know. I use a Zen Vision M, but they havn't arrived yet, so tell you anything.

Ask in the Livewires: California Dreamin' thread.

I guess they wont, as its 5th gen, but if they do you can get a 50ohm cable for a small sum of money, althouhg this shouldnt be used unless needed as it changes the sound. Look in the LW CD thread again, its in there too.

Jus search the page for the impedance cable thingy info.

Matt
So elluzion, i did it for you. Forget what i said about asking in here now. Just watch and wait!
post #1053 of 3897
if u use it with an amp + LOD, it wont hiss, or else, it'll be like a "pissing in ur ear" kinda thing.
post #1054 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSi View Post
if u use it with an amp + LOD, it wont hiss, or else, it'll be like a "pissing in ur ear" kinda thing.
sorry to bother, and this may sound stupid. But i just want to know what does "LOD" stands for?
Thx you !
post #1055 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiyako View Post
sorry to bother, and this may sound stupid. But i just want to know what does "LOD" stands for?
Thx you !
Line Out Dock
post #1056 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post
In another thread elluzion asked me this:

What do you think?

I said this: So elluzion, i did it for you. Forget what i said about asking in here now. Just watch and wait!
Posted in the other thread also. thanks


I have trouble finding an audiologist in my area that will do ear impressions.. ERR!!!!!!!!

Anyone from Sacramento/Placerville/Folsom/Roseville California that can give me some help???
post #1057 of 3897
About the hiss:

Is this hiss from the player itself or the music? Because I have a pair of Audio-Technica A700's, and they seem to be the complete opposite of the LW's. My Zune 80 needs to be turned up almost to the max for the volume to be acceptable, and at such high levels, older music (think The Beatles, Abbey Road) hisses a lot.

Will LW's eliminate this occurrence because they are more sensative? Is the hissing present AT ALL when music plays, or is it only a phenomenon when the player is on with nothing playing?
post #1058 of 3897
i doubt that these headphones would hiss, (livewires) when music is being played.
post #1059 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant0nik View Post
My livewires came, they sound good thus far, I think fit is good, too busy listening to post photos, but they will surely come.

Only complaint, is that they put in the Name tag on the earpieces, although i didn't want them, but atleast it's only my Last name and initial, so I'm not worried.
Wow. Cool. I was quoted around 4 weeks on the 26th when my impressions arrived.

I have emailed for a status update through the website and to Johns aol account through hotmail, and no one has replied. This was many days ago.

I also asked if my serial number could be changed to my phone number, before they left for the manufacturer, now they have been there ages i guess, so probably completed, but i wonder if John wrote on the form that i wanted it swapped? I hope so, but i have asked if he can make sure, and also if it has been done, so i hope he has seen my emails (2 + one before they went to manufacturer) and just not replied to my latest two, the smae, just sent different ways, about 4 days apart.

Also does the 4 weeks originally quoted include shipping time to me? I left shipping blank as mine are totally complimentary .

I want them before the 3rd, before i go to france and listen all day wherever i am, to write my review, and do pics too!

Can you shed any light on the questions above anyone?

Matt
post #1060 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
i doubt that these headphones would hiss, (livewires) when music is being played.

Not generally through music i think. Unless your source (player) is extremely bad.
post #1061 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 View Post
Not generally through music i think. Unless your source (player) is extremely bad.
well i dont think the ipod 5th gen is that bad..
post #1062 of 3897
Nope. Fine.
post #1063 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by boclcown View Post
About the hiss:

Is this hiss from the player itself or the music? Because I have a pair of Audio-Technica A700's, and they seem to be the complete opposite of the LW's. My Zune 80 needs to be turned up almost to the max for the volume to be acceptable, and at such high levels, older music (think The Beatles, Abbey Road) hisses a lot.

Will LW's eliminate this occurrence because they are more sensative? Is the hissing present AT ALL when music plays, or is it only a phenomenon when the player is on with nothing playing?
The livewires are very sensitive.

I can hear hiss on my 5.5g iMod and with the wifes 3G nano when they are paused, but cant hear it when any music is playing, so its not an issue to worry about.
post #1064 of 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisnalee View Post
The livewires are very sensitive.

I can hear hiss on my 5.5g iMod and with the wifes 3G nano when they are paused, but cant hear it when any music is playing, so its not an issue to worry about.
yeah i should be fine with a 5.5gen then.
post #1065 of 3897
Ah, good, good. As long as it isn't an issue even on soft songs.

Now I just need to make sure that the bass isn't lacking. I'm coming from SF5's, which I liked a lot, so I'm worried that I will find the LW's to be too bland. $300 is a fortune for someone my age...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Livewires - California Dreamin'