Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Portable Cans???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Portable Cans???

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Has anyone ever heard the Ultrasone Portable cans?
Im curious if the Icans Aurum for $199 sounds really any better than the regular $129 Icans??? Or maybe not better,just different?

I saw them here: http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/W...lessframe.html

They look interesting. I already have many good headphones for portable in my profile, igrados ,senn px100 etc.............but are these really any better?
post #2 of 24
I don't think there is any difference in the drivers. It's just the gold plating.
I bought the iCans as soon as they came out but did not like their performance. There is not much isolation so their sound it's really influenced by the external environment. In a silent room they sound fine but as soon as there is noise around you the magic is totally gone.

I sold them.
post #3 of 24
All iCans is same.
Difference is only color.
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
Hmmmm....i dont know whether to buy some or not.
I have Senn PX100/PMX100,, PMX200,, IGrados,, KSC75 modded with cat5,and stock,, Koss Pro1,, Grado SR80,, etc....

So im wondering if this would sound any better.

Thanks guys.
post #5 of 24
Holy eff... 70 dollars for a color change that doesn't even look any better?
post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer View Post
Holy eff... 70 dollars for a color change that doesn't even look any better?
I dont understand the reasons for the price differences either. Also some people love them and some say theyre terrible. Ill have to wait and hear them before i buy i guess.
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0n View Post
I dont understand the reasons for the price differences either. Also some people love them and some say theyre terrible. Ill have to wait and hear them before i buy i guess.
I'm not sure if these are popular enough to be found commonly.
post #8 of 24
You definitely have your bases covered when it comes to portable cans, how about moving up to higher-end fullsize's?

I doubt the iCans are going to sound better than Grado SR80's.
post #9 of 24
Yeah seems like you're beating the same can style to death. Do you really need one more option for when you're out on the go?

(Maybe you have all the others too, that's never impossible with people on this board.)

Have you tried a similarly priced set of IEMs? They can get you a lot more sound quality and great isolation for the same price point as these "on-the-go" cans you have. I use the Er-6i for walking around outside, taking metro, flying, etc, and don't have any complaints. Their sound is definitely different than a set of iGrados, but I've tried taking my SR-60s outside and I can hear more traffic noise than my own music...
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
The SR80's are just a little too big for portable. Yes sometimes i do take them out, but im trying all the portable cans to see whats the best in that size range.
So far the Igrados , PMX/PX100 , Koss 60^ , are the best...but you all prolly knew that. I cant seem to pick only one as the best. Ill do a comparison and pick one, but the next day my favorite changes.
Im going to get more full sized cans though....but right now im working on the portable.
Thanks for the input guys
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0n View Post
Hmmmm....i dont know whether to buy some or not.
I have Senn PX100/PMX100,, PMX200,, IGrados,, KSC75 modded with cat5,and stock,, Koss Pro1,, Grado SR80,, etc....

So im wondering if this would sound any better.

Thanks guys.
No, not better. With what you have listed you can skip these. If you had none, and found a good deal on iCans you could give them a try, but I wont even sell you the ones I have posted in the FS forum with what you already have.
post #12 of 24
Well, I would trade you the iCans for your Grado SR80
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
No, not better. With what you have listed you can skip these. If you had none, and found a good deal on iCans you could give them a try, but I wont even sell you the ones I have posted in the FS forum with what you already have.
That is some communal caring right there.

"I care for you so much I will not even sell you stuff so that you can enjoy your money more wisely."
post #14 of 24
Yep.

I think we'd agree trades are different
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Yep.

I think we'd agree trades are different
Heh, indeed. Both parties get what they want, and no one comes out the loser.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Portable Cans???