New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rugby World Cup 2007 - Page 7

post #91 of 129
Go Bokke!

JP Pietersen's tackle was the stuff of legends.

Does anyone think that the way Argentina played thus far merits a place in the Tri-nations making it the Four-nations?
post #92 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post
Page 4, 10/8...Monday....time to resurrect!!!

Anyone want to weigh in? Who's going to be watching tomorrow? I, for one.

Let's keep this going, lads (and ladettes)....please.
Hiya Kiwi,
Alas I have forsaken the oval ball for the round one...Scotland are all over their European Cup soccer matches and are clinging to a slim 2-1 lead over the Ukraine as I type. I do have the BBC going in a different tab so I can keep checking in.
I think that after the dust settles from this weekend nerve testing matches, the French and 'Boks will be left to go at it next week. However the interest I had in the tourney has slipped away as all the 'running' rugby teams have crashed out. Never did like pack wars...
post #93 of 129
Yay! Scotland 3-1 over Ukraine! Anyway, I hope England wins tonight
post #94 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by NacMacFeegle View Post
Never did like pack wars...
I think this is where the play is going to be today. Although, I thought the French did a good job of kicking when they played the ABs, so they may open up the game more.

Did anyone see any stats on time of possession for the ABs in their game against France? The amount of time they spent in the French 22, you'd think they could convert! Maybe tuatara is right, they didn't have that real fire in the belly. Maybe it was the gray jersies!

I'm still going to say England gets the nod by 3. If their tight front five play as well as they did against the Wallabies, it may give England more possession and the opportunity to score. If Wilkinson's boot is in form, he may carry the day. Although, the French had very few penalties in their quarter final match....

So, I am off to the local for a full English breakfast and a few jars of ale!!
post #95 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post
I think this is where the play is going to be today. Although, I thought the French did a good job of kicking when they played the ABs, so they may open up the game more.

Did anyone see any stats on time of possession for the ABs in their game against France? The amount of time they spent in the French 22, you'd think they could convert! Maybe tuatara is right, they didn't have that real fire in the belly. Maybe it was the gray jersies!

I'm still going to say England gets the nod by 3. If their tight front five play as well as they did against the Wallabies, it may give England more possession and the opportunity to score. If Wilkinson's boot is in form, he may carry the day. Although, the French had very few penalties in their quarter final match....

So, I am off to the local for a full English breakfast and a few jars of ale!!
Acute observation and exactly what happened. Boring as their style may seem, the England pack is awesome for their technique and composure if not their brute strength. The scrummaging at the breakdowns was again what turned things around for them.

Michalak had a woeful game and that didn't help his attack line. Messy yet highly entertaining game. Will most likely come down to a kicking war again Wilkinson and Montgomery, but I'm still rooting for an Argentina victory.
Faulklands 2007.
post #96 of 129
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a match, my nails are bitten down to the bed!

Bring on the final!
post #97 of 129
LOL!
post #98 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewtheking View Post
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a match, my nails are bitten down to the bed!

Bring on the final!
yeah baby!!! - that was a scrappy tight call, but it wouldnt be watching england if it werent i guess.
post #99 of 129
Say again, Quaddy??????

Congratulations to England!!! They did it with hard graft. I would also say, they did it inspite of the RSA ref who made some terrible penalty calls against England.

I thought England kicked well and with precision. That first try was a charm.

All this being said, England is going to have to dig deep and play better than today to beat the Springboks.....oops.....yes, that's my prediction for tomorrow.
post #100 of 129
What, no more RWC love????

The chairman of the IRB is officially looking into the refereeing of the ABs/France match. Seems like the officials missed some critical calls against the French, not just the forward pass that resulted in a try. As much as I think the ABs should have scored more often not to make bad calls a difference, I wonder if the result would have been different had the calls been made against the French.

By the way, I did hear some stats on time of possession for the ABs in the quarter final and it was 70% for the ABs!! Why the hell didn't the ABs score more? They seemed to be in the French 22 an awful lot!!

I was not that impressed with the Springboks on Sunday. Most of their tries were gimmes by Argentina. Whatever happened to the spacing of the Puma's backs? So far apart that the two interceptions were bound to happen (twice!). Really bad end to the game. The RSA ref just lost control and should have handed out more cards than he did.

Although the Springboks are favourites on Saturday, England has changed since the beginning of the tournament. Could be a close one, but I think SA will win this one.

Quaddy....I hope I'm wrong!
post #101 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post
What, no more RWC love????

The chairman of the IRB is officially looking into the refereeing of the ABs/France match. Seems like the officials missed some critical calls against the French, not just the forward pass that resulted in a try. As much as I think the ABs should have scored more often not to make bad calls a difference, I wonder if the result would have been different had the calls been made against the French.

By the way, I did hear some stats on time of possession for the ABs in the quarter final and it was 70% for the ABs!! Why the hell didn't the ABs score more? They seemed to be in the French 22 an awful lot!!

I was not that impressed with the Springboks on Sunday. Most of their tries were gimmes by Argentina. Whatever happened to the spacing of the Puma's backs? So far apart that the two interceptions were bound to happen (twice!). Really bad end to the game. The RSA ref just lost control and should have handed out more cards than he did.

Although the Springboks are favourites on Saturday, England has changed since the beginning of the tournament. Could be a close one, but I think SA will win this one.

Quaddy....I hope I'm wrong!
It seems like the springboks are losing their killer edge they had at the beginning, and the English are just hitting their stride. I think we're going to meet in the middle and it's going to be tight.

BUT, if I take my jingoistic heart off my sleeve for a second, I am pretty sure we're not going to win...

There.. I've said it...
post #102 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewtheking View Post
It seems like the springboks are losing their killer edge they had at the beginning, and the English are just hitting their stride. I think we're going to meet in the middle and it's going to be tight.

BUT, if I take my jingoistic heart off my sleeve for a second, I am pretty sure we're not going to win...

There.. I've said it...
Say it ain't so....!
post #103 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post
Say it ain't so....!
I might even put a tenner on South Africa. That way, if England win, then HOORAY!, and I've paid for the victory. But if South Africa win, I'm quids in!
post #104 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewtheking View Post
I might even put a tenner on South Africa. That way, if England win, then HOORAY!, and I've paid for the victory. But if South Africa win, I'm quids in!
I'll take that bet and go for England!
post #105 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewtheking View Post
I might even put a tenner on South Africa. That way, if England win, then HOORAY!, and I've paid for the victory. But if South Africa win, I'm quids in!
Heheheh, that's what I do with my rugby league team. If Parramatta lose, at least there's a silver lining.
England to win. They deserve it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home