Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional) - Page 52

post #766 of 804

I use a 2600 lumen Betty TLS from Lupine. These seem to be actually measured lumen, not just the rating of the lamps. Not that I know much about tit but I need a good flashlight for nighttime walks in the woods where I live here.  It can be so dark I can't even see the gate from a few meters.

This thing burns holes in the night I can tell you, they're made for speleology.

 

http://www.lupine2013.de/produkte/taschenlampen/betty_tls_set/

post #767 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLAPPA View Post

I agree with Chris. I love Titanium innovations CR123's. They even sell them shrink wrapped in sets of two or three, for your flashlights. You should never mix lithium batteries, so this is a perfect solution. I also like Rayovac because they are built in the same factory as Surefire. And you can get a box of 100 for $115 shipped. Never buy 123's from B&M stores. You'll pay $2.50 and up each.

 

For rechargeables, I only will use AW...period. 



The ITP is a great light. I have the upgraded Q5 light. I don't use it much, but it puts out over 160 lumens when I use an IMR 10440 LiIon. You will amaze and astound your friends when you show them how much light can come out of a AAA light. Roughly 5X more light than a 4D cell MAG light.

232
 

 

lol. The power has been going out a lot in my area lately, and upon some researching, I came to the ITP Q5 light for my keychain also. lol. If it works well, I'll likely pick up one for my gf, brother, mom, and dad as well. 

post #768 of 804

Hey guys, any good reccomendations for a rifle light? Go night hunting quite often, and need a good bright, and decent throwing light. 

 

I was thinking the eagletac t100c2. Because it does have to be the standard 1" mount size, and id like a good number of lumens. 

http://eagletac.com/html/t100c2/index.html

 

Opinions? Im definetly open to other brands, just have seen good things from eagletac. Also id prefer non cr123 whatever batteries, they are just not common enough and quite expensive compared to AA/AAAs. 

post #769 of 804

Hunting? On?

post #770 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleheadMay View Post

Hunting? On?

Watcha mean? My property? 

post #771 of 804

I mean on living creatures or not.

post #772 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleheadMay View Post

I mean on living creatures or not.

 

Depends if you consider zombies to be living creatures or not. =P

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

Hey guys, any good reccomendations for a rifle light? Go night hunting quite often, and need a good bright, and decent throwing light. 

 

I was thinking the eagletac t100c2. Because it does have to be the standard 1" mount size, and id like a good number of lumens. 

http://eagletac.com/html/t100c2/index.html

 

Opinions? Im definetly open to other brands, just have seen good things from eagletac. Also id prefer non cr123 whatever batteries, they are just not common enough and quite expensive compared to AA/AAAs. 

 

 

I've been poking around on the flashlight forums (candlepowerforums.com) and this light is relatively new, but seems really popular. I might buy one just to try. Fenix PD32 UE. Seems to be the Sennheiser HD650's of flashlights. lol. :D

 

http://www.fenixtactical.com/fenix-pd32t6.html

post #773 of 804

Looks nice, but im really looking at the strict 50$ price range, because a mount and pressure switch are a must, and generally tack on another 30$. 

post #774 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

Looks nice, but im really looking at the strict 50$ price range, because a mount and pressure switch are a must, and generally tack on another 30$. 

 

Ah.. That Fenix floats around $70-80 on Amazon.com. I think it just came out in the last month or two, so the price is still high. If you can wait a little bit, I bet the price will drop down into your range. I'm not sure how prices work with flashlights though. I'm just assuming they're like headphones that drop nearly 50% after half a year or so. lol. 

post #775 of 804

instead of paying for an LED conversion on my beaten old 6P, I was considering this:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solarforce-L2m-Single-Mode-Cree-XM-L-U2-880-Lumens-16340-18650-LED-Flashlight-/360498679137?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item53ef654d61

 

I have a few questions:

are the 16340 cells and the CR123a cells interchangable? AKA: Could I use this as a single cell CR123A flashlight?

 

Could I throw my 6p switch on it and have it work? I really liked the feel of that switch.

 

 

Edit: I see the answer to both of these answers is yes, so this thing is gonna be mine.


Edited by Maverickmonk - 1/18/13 at 4:10pm
post #776 of 804

Anyone else here waiting on their HDS custom light to be delivered? I've almost forgotten that I have an order placed, it's been so long...

post #777 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Anyone else here waiting on their HDS custom light to be delivered? I've almost forgotten that I have an order placed, it's been so long...

 

LOL. Uh yeah thats just how it works. It takes forever man.

 

post #778 of 804

Did you get yours custom ordered, or did you buy it directly off a site? I wish there was a way to know if they're still producing, some people have been on the waiting list for an HCRI like the one I ordered for over a year now.

post #779 of 804

Finally got my light today after a 7-8 month wait! Custom HCRI Rotary with the stainless bezel and raised switch. Now to figure out how to work the thing...

post #780 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Finally got my light today after a 7-8 month wait! Custom HCRI Rotary with the stainless bezel and raised switch. Now to figure out how to work the thing...

 

That's a crazy wait for a light! I could barely wait one week for my EagleTac D25C clicky. lol. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)