Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional) - Page 45

post #661 of 804

Hey guys, this may be a bit odd, but i am looking for a really good small flashlight for around 60$ maybe less but no more. 

 

Its hard to kind of dive into this so i believe reccomendations will suite me well. What do you guys think is good for my purposes? I would use it mostly for short term light situations, and usually working on small parts. Something somewhat rugged would be nice. 

post #662 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

Hey guys, this may be a bit odd, but i am looking for a really good small flashlight for around 60$ maybe less but no more. 

 

Its hard to kind of dive into this so i believe reccomendations will suite me well. What do you guys think is good for my purposes? I would use it mostly for short term light situations, and usually working on small parts. Something somewhat rugged would be nice. 



 I can't tell you how impressed I am with EagleTac's D25 series.  I now have the D25C and the D25C2 and depending on your size requirements they are worth a look.  You'll like the price as well...

post #663 of 804

Cannot find the D series. Only P, T, and M. Quite liking the main features of the Fenix LD20.


Edited by Deathdeisel - 11/30/11 at 8:49pm
post #664 of 804

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

Cannot find the D series. Only P, T, and M. Quite liking the main features of the Fenix LD20.



illuminationgear.com

 

Totally reputable and fast/free shipping.

post #665 of 804

Hmm tough one.

 

EagleTac D25A2 Mini - 2xAA - 325 Lumens
P20A2 MKII

Or Fenix LD20? I noticed it did say output was measured at the emitter on the Eagle lights, so wouldnt that be a lot more than the fenix on pape, considering fenix measures i think 1m away? But in real life terms be less so?

post #666 of 804



Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

Hmm tough one.

 

EagleTac D25A2 Mini - 2xAA - 325 Lumens
P20A2 MKII

Or Fenix LD20? I noticed it did say output was measured at the emitter on the Eagle lights, so wouldnt that be a lot more than the fenix on pape, considering fenix measures i think 1m away? But in real life terms be less so?



I just sold my P20A2 MKII but was able to compare it extensively to the D25C (also 325 Lumen) and the D25C2 (493 Lumen). 

 

The P20A2 MK II and the D25C are very close in overall power with the MKII having a touch more throw.  The D25C2 provides a little more light both overall and in throw compared to the MKII. 

 

That is why I sold the MKII, it is 2-3 times the size but equaled or beat by these tiny contenders.  I'm a big AA fan...but CR123's are so readily/cheaply available on the internet now I was A-OK with the switch.

 

  

 

post #667 of 804

You have to get Eagletac... USA made and lifetime warranty means they're gonna get my money regardless of what they do.

 

I'm a Surefire fan, but at the 115 dollar price they want for a 6PX, HELL NO... If I ever need a new light, I'm getting either a P20 or a T20

post #668 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

You have to get Eagletac... USA made and lifetime warranty means they're gonna get my money regardless of what they do.

 

I'm a Surefire fan, but at the 115 dollar price they want for a 6PX, HELL NO... If I ever need a new light, I'm getting either a P20 or a T20



Unfortunately the Eagletac's I've seen/owned are "designed" in America but made in China.  The D Series quotes a warranty of 120 months from purchase...still not too shabby.

post #669 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post



Unfortunately the Eagletac's I've seen/owned are "designed" in America but made in China.  The D Series quotes a warranty of 120 months from purchase...still not too shabby.



Oh is it really? I didn't know that. Goshdangit.

 

Well that makes it just like 4Sevens then, and they're very good people. I just wish the clip on the single cell Quark was oriented the right way

post #670 of 804

I cant justify spending 20$ on 8 batteries, including the fact that they are not as readily available. 

 

However im still having a hard time deciding between the D25A2 Mini, using 2xAA, the LD20(seems to be the most popular), and possibly the P20A2, however the P2 seems ot have the lowest runtime by far on lowest settings. So ill probably actually mark that out.

 

So guys,

Fenix LD20  or, D25A2 Mini? Seems like the D25 puts out more light by a good amount on turbo, and on low can last longer. However does the D25 not have a clicker for on/off? Is not then that would seal the deal, i really need one of those.  

post #671 of 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

I cant justify spending 20$ on 8 batteries, including the fact that they are not as readily available. 

 

However im still having a hard time deciding between the D25A2 Mini, using 2xAA, the LD20(seems to be the most popular), and possibly the P20A2, however the P2 seems ot have the lowest runtime by far on lowest settings. So ill probably actually mark that out.

 

So guys,

Fenix LD20  or, D25A2 Mini? Seems like the D25 puts out more light by a good amount on turbo, and on low can last longer. However does the D25 not have a clicker for on/off? Is not then that would seal the deal, i really need one of those.  



What? Oh dude they're $1 apiece at Battery junction though.. you get 5% off if you use CPF2009 at the coupon code section as well!

 

I use the rechargable CR123's as well which save me lots and lots of money since I use a light for like 30 minutes a day at least. If you get a Lumapower Incendio V3U and the rechargable tenergy CR123 kit from amazon, you'll have reliable light for years and guilt free lumens!

 

I would not get the D25A2... it's great but dude look at all the modes you'd have to cycle through with only one interface!!! I'd get the LD20 if you're looking for a 2xAA light.

post #672 of 804

There's no clicker on any of the D25 series...they're all twisties.

post #673 of 804
post #674 of 804

Cool, good to hear. Is the charger listed there a good one? 

post #675 of 804


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yliu View Post



Buy a Fenix LD20, it's compact, just as bright as the P7, and in my opinion it has a much better quality. 

 

I have the ledlenser M7, and I find the beam profile just useless, quality is poor (plastic lens, not waterproof) and at that size I'd rather go with a 2xCR123 light. I don't think that there is more output than stated, my M7 doesn't seem brighter than the LD20. To be more fair I think the M7 should be compared to something like the TK12.



Thanks for the reply, the Fenix LD20 does look nice. It's a bit expensive here (UK) but I think I can find a worldwide seller at a decent price.

 

What distance would you say the beam is good to?

 

I was originally looking for 200+ lumens, maybe more like 235-250 but I probably don't really need that. I've decided the regulation is important. Although the P7 may be nominally brighter (higher output with focused spot, though I acknowledge you think perhaps not) that isn't likely to last long. So, for the majority of its runtime, it won't be as bright as the LD20.

 

I'm going to see what I can find with non-AA/AAA but I think the LD20 could be the one, thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)