Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Post your computer specs!~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post your computer specs!~ - Page 109

post #1621 of 2086

i7-3770k , overclocked to 4.4 GHz 

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

Noctua NH-D14

Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB Low Profile RAM

MSI Radeon 7850 Twin Frozr III

Corsair Force GT SSD 64GB

WD Caviar Black 1TB

WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Seasonic X 760W Modular PSU

Antec P280 Chasis

2x Noctua NFP12 Intake Fans.


Edited by proton007 - 11/6/12 at 6:25pm
post #1622 of 2086

Seasonic X 760...one of the sexiest PSU's ever made.

post #1623 of 2086

So just got everything and put it together, I changed a couple things and this is now what I'm running:

 

i5-3570k

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Cool Master Hyper 212

Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970

Adata SX900 256GB SSD

Seagate 2TB 7200rpm HDD

Asus Blu-ray/Dvd Burner

Corsair AX750

Cool Master HAF XM case

 

Really impressed with how it all runs!

post #1624 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedv1 View Post

So just got everything and put it together, I changed a couple things and this is now what I'm running:

 

i5-3570k

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Cool Master Hyper 212

Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970

Adata SX900 256GB SSD

Seagate 2TB 7200rpm HDD

Asus Blu-ray/Dvd Burner

Corsair AX750

Cool Master HAF XM case

 

Really impressed with how it all runs!

How do you like that CPU cooler, I heard they were great value and was thinking about getting one for another pc I have laying around so it doesn't run as hot in the summer.

post #1625 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post

How do you like that CPU cooler, I heard they were great value and was thinking about getting one for another pc I have laying around so it doesn't run as hot in the summer.

Well I haven't over clocked my rig or anything but from reviews it looks excellent (especially when you consider it's low price)
post #1626 of 2086

My system is outdated, the last upgrade was a year after I initially built it.

 

 

Seasonic 600W SLI PSU
2x Logitech MX Revolutions -- Icemat 2nd Edition: Black
Plextor 16x SATA DVD-RW -- LG 16x DVD-/+RW/RAM
2x eVGA 7800GT OC SE in SLI - IBM P260 Trinitron 21" & Samnsung 997DF Diamondtron 19"
2x 1GB Mushkin SP3200 (3-3-3-8)
Seagate 200GB SATA -- WD 120GB SATA -- Seagate 300GB SATA
939 AMD A64 3800+ X2 @ 2450 -- ASUS A8N-SLI
HDA X-Plosion DTS -- Logitech Z-680 rev. 2 :)
post #1627 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post

How do you like that CPU cooler, I heard they were great value and was thinking about getting one for another pc I have laying around so it doesn't run as hot in the summer.

I've got the Hyper 212 and its great. Keeps my six core 1100T beast under 50C under load. If your case has room for it its gotta be the best cooler at the price
post #1628 of 2086

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnygamer12 View Post


I've got the Hyper 212 and its great. Keeps my six core 1100T beast under 50C under load. If your case has room for it its gotta be the best cooler at the price

 

I have the 212+ and would also have to agree biggrin.gif

post #1629 of 2086

I know they are fairly tall, but how tall are they? Would they fit in your typical case from an off-the-shelf computer?

post #1630 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post

I know they are fairly tall, but how tall are they? Would they fit in your typical case from an off-the-shelf computer?


You need to make sure your chasis can accomodate the height. Typically they'll list it in the specs. If you buy a chasis, mid towers can accomodate 160mm. But I don't think off the shelf chasis can support these coolers, usually they'll design it acc. to their own specs.


Edited by proton007 - 11/14/12 at 12:05am
post #1631 of 2086

I looked at it at Bestbuy and figured it would most likely not fit, so I did the only logical thing, bought a water cooling system for my computer and used my stock cooler from my black edition AMD CPU which was much better than the original cooler on the old computer anyways.  However I have now caught the water cooling bug and want to use it in every place I can, luckily I have a big case to accommodate it all.

post #1632 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post

I looked at it at Bestbuy and figured it would most likely not fit, so I did the only logical thing, bought a water cooling system for my computer and used my stock cooler from my black edition AMD CPU which was much better than the original cooler on the old computer anyways.  However I have now caught the water cooling bug and want to use it in every place I can, luckily I have a big case to accommodate it all.


Custom water cooling is nice....especially the open loop ones.

post #1633 of 2086

Just ordered and planning to put together this winter break:

 

Fractal Design Define XL

Asus P8Z77-V LK
i7-3770k

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970

Cooler Master Hyper 212

G.Skill Ares 16 gb

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb

Western Digital VelociRaptor 500 gb

Asus DVD-burner

Seasonic X-750

post #1634 of 2086

Alienware R3

Intel i7 2600k+ Overcloocked to 3.5GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 590

16GB DDR3 RAM

128GB SSD (OCZ Vertex 3)

2x1TB 7200RPM HDD in Raid0 Configuration

Asus D2X Soundcard

post #1635 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post

Let me know how it runs crysis, always interesting to see how my aging system competes with newer ones.

 

I remembered you asked this and as I recently (Black Friday) gave in and bought Crysis 2. Runs flawless at maximum settings, no lag whatsoever - it's an incredible game (so far!).

 

Just wanted to update.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Post your computer specs!~