Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07 - Page 41

post #601 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
I will send you a pm with my cell phone so you can call when you are getting close and I can let you know where we will be. If you want one of the rooms reserved, send me your name in a pm and I will let them know at the front desk so you can check in. I will send you the address for the hotel. I am pretty sure we will be at Let There Be Sound by around 8pm, which reminds me to check in with Oz. We may just head to my place after that so I can get rid of some of the beer in my fridge.



You're the DD, you have to come plus you have to hear the Cosecant.

The volume on the right side dropped suddenly so I sent them to Ultrasone last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post
Does it have blue tassles around the entire internal perimeter, and does it say "Up In Smoke" on the sides?
Stop, you're getting me all nostalgic and teary eye'd.
post #602 of 678
The truly disturbing trend would be for you to listen to any of the drivel (well other than OUR drivel on these 30+ pages) and miss this meet Vicki! But just try not to be so snobbish and belittling this weekend, though!

Can't wait, people! Is it Friday yet?
post #603 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
The truly disturbing trend would be for you to listen to any of the drivel (well other than OUR drivel on these 30+ pages) and miss this meet Vicki! But just try not to be so snobbish and belittling this weekend, though!

Can't wait, people! Is it Friday yet?
How can I be snobbish and belittling at this meet when all your gear squashes most of mine? I will come if only to learn the art of humility while seated at the base of the WE tubed Woo5. Then again, forget the gear. I can't wait to see you all again, and meet the new guys. The party is on!
post #604 of 678
Man, that thread got ugly and uglier since I read it last, which was before I made that joking post above. Of course, the Henchman hadn't chimed in when last I visited so it was practically a facist state in there after he was done! Nice going, Nums, didn't you realize this was the only mod-filled thread where it was ok to post f@k!ng faux-curses? I guess if you are banned then you might seem even more henchman-like and scare the beardless nOObs even more!

Did somebody vet the "new guys" Vicki mentions? We're not going to be overrun with "real" nOObs, right? We have standards to uphold as part of the Mighty Head-Fi Elite!

My favorite part is when you said *most* of our gear squashes *most* of your gear. Long Live the King!
post #605 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Man, that thread got ugly and uglier since I read it last, which was before I made that joking post above. Of course, the Henchman hadn't chimed in when last I visited so it was practically a facist state in there after he was done! Nice going, Nums, didn't you realize this was the only mod-filled thread where it was ok to post f@k!ng faux-curses? I guess if you are banned then you might seem even more henchman-like and scare the beardless nOObs even more!

Did somebody vet the "new guys" Vicki mentions? We're not going to be overrun with "real" nOObs, right? We have standards to uphold as part of the Mighty Head-Fi Elite!

My favorite part is when you said *most* of our gear squashes *most* of your gear. Long Live the King!
The new guys coming have already survived this thread, which is to say they are Florida head-fiers now.

Henchman Nums called it like it was then pressed edit, probably for good reasons. Nice his f@#king first take on things was preserved. I'm done posting in the amp thread. It makes me sad. I didn't know I was one of the Elite scaring off the noobs. At last check in, we were riff-raff scaring off the noobs. Welcome all noobs! There. That was friendly. See, I'm practicing.
post #606 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post
... Well, I'm not sure I can come to the meet. I've just been told that my narrow views on audio would render meets meaningless. Do our meets have meaning to begin with?
Narrow views are most welcome at our meaningless meets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
... Can't wait, people! Is it Friday yet?
Just two more days, party animal ... control yourself.
post #607 of 678
So how do these gigs work? Can you bring a pair of your cans/IEMs and listen to amps, etc?

Do I have to bring a goat? Show my tattoos?

I was hoping to hear some amps with selectable crossfade.

The noobs have a right to know. Power to the people. Power to the noobs.
post #608 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaChris View Post
So how do these gigs work? Can you bring a pair of your cans/IEMs and listen to amps, etc?

Do I have to bring a goat? Show my tattoos?

I was hoping to hear some amps with selectable crossfade.

The noobs have a right to know. Power to the people. Power to the noobs.
Bring your cans/iems and some music you know well. Goats and tattoos are optional.
post #609 of 678
Cool... Thanks!
post #610 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post
Goats and tattoos are optional.
Optional . . . but encouraged!
post #611 of 678
Who needs a goat when you've got robot lions?
post #612 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
Who needs a goat when you've got robot lions?
How about a robot chick who shoots missiles out of her boobs!?





BOOBS!
post #613 of 678
Man, Voltron's gonna be pissed about you posting pictures of his wife, isn't he? Not to mention talkin' about her boobs.
post #614 of 678
I'm still coming and intend to bring the Atom one way or another. Haven't figured all of that out yet, but that's par for the course for me. I'm flying in and out of Tampa and want to have everything in Tampa when I leave. What that might mean is driving the Atom back and forth myself (leaving the trailer in Tampa) and then having Matt (hopefully) follow me back to Tampa in my Dodge. Suppose it's about time to put together a plan...
post #615 of 678
oh Rly?!?!?!? OMG that's awesome Wayne. Jeremy told me your plans had changed but Jeremy's a spaz so whatever. Yay for riding down in the Atom.

I should be home and ready to rock hopefully no later than about 3 PM on Friday. When's your flight coming in?

Also, today was rainy and the forecast is the same for several days. Do you want me to call my parents and ask to borrow their truck?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07