Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07 - Page 14

post #196 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
Sorry, Mike, I just had to press those buttons, 'cause your just so damn cute when you get all worked up like this.

So we're all agreed, then. Rooms at the Amerisuites, meet at the Embassy Suites.
Make the reservation at the Amerisuites which is only guaranteed by credit card and can be cancelled. I will be looking for other venues over the next few days. I am trying to keep it local to me since my son will be around and my wife will out of town.

I just bought 8 tickets for The Samples. Everyone with a #1 on the list has one. I didn't buy Al's yet as he is still up in the air. I probably should have just bought one but I am certain they will not sell out. I will probably buy one anyway, just in case, so Al, if you make it you will have a ticket.
post #197 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
tyrion: I dropped off the money exactly as per - look... man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light, and - y'know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, y'know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, y'know, given the nature of all this new sh**, y'know, this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, y'know
No dude, that had not occured to us.
post #198 of 678
Let me know if it looks like you guys/gals are going to be source deficient, I suppose I could trust Gene enough to send him the Hertsens DAC.
post #199 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
Let me know if it looks like you guys/gals are going to be source deficient, I suppose I could trust Gene enough to send him the Hertsens DAC.
ooh that might be fun. I'd like to put it up against the Opus.
post #200 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
Let me know if it looks like you guys/gals are going to be source deficient, I suppose I could trust Gene enough to send him the Hertsens DAC.
Trust Gene, are you nuts. I am the only one of this bunch that can be trusted with such a fine piece of equipment. I have an SB3 (w/o "the best ps upgrade") waiting to have such a fine dac attached.
post #201 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
Trust Gene, are you nuts. I am the only one of this bunch that can be trusted with such a fine piece of equipment. I have an SB3 (w/o "the best ps upgrade") waiting to have such a fine dac attached.
I trusted Gene once... now it hurts when I pee.
post #202 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrice View Post
I trusted Gene once... now it hurts when I pee.
This from the only other trustworthy one out of the bunch. By the way, I will send payment for the amp in the next week or so.
post #203 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
Trust Gene, are you nuts. I am the only one of this bunch that can be trusted with such a fine piece of equipment. I have an SB3 (w/o "the best ps upgrade") waiting to have such a fine dac attached.
The Dude: You are hereby fined 1 dude point for hitting below the belt!

This gives me what, two weeks to get the PS done and shipped? I'll consider that a challenge and do my best. Now, if stuff around the house would quit breaking, myself included, we'd be in really good shape.
post #204 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
This from the only other trustworthy one out of the bunch. By the way, I will send payment for the amp in the next week or so.
I'm not even going to speak of what Vicki did to me.... that whole first trip to FL was emotionaly scarring. I can't wait to come back.

So I've been using an OPUS DAC with my Squeezebox and man....pretty darn good. Hopefully I'll have it cased up for the meet. Gonna travel a little lighter this time. No Wadia to tow.
post #205 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
The Dude: You are hereby fined 1 dude point for hitting below the belt!

This gives me what, two weeks to get the PS done and shipped? I'll consider that a challenge and do my best. Now, if stuff around the house would quit breaking, myself included, we'd be in really good shape.
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

No rush on the ps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrice View Post
I'm not even going to speak of what Vicki did to me.... that whole first trip to FL was emotionaly scarring. I can't wait to come back.

So I've been using an OPUS DAC with my Squeezebox and man....pretty darn good. Hopefully I'll have it cased up for the meet. Gonna travel a little lighter this time. No Wadia to tow.
Bring the Opus. I was thinking this was the Resolution Audio Opus. I would love to try it out with the SB3. Travel light. There will be plenty of gear.
post #206 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
Let me know if it looks like you guys/gals are going to be source deficient, I suppose I could trust Gene enough to send him the Hertsens DAC.
We are all trustworthy. Send one to each of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrice View Post
I'm not even going to speak of what Vicki did to me.... that whole first trip to FL was emotionaly scarring. I can't wait to come back.
Yes, but scars fade, and if not, I should, by CanJam time, have passed my state counseling exams, I will be able to help you with any emotional damage I cause this time around.
post #207 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post
We are all trustworthy. Send one to each of us.



Yes, but scars fade, and if not, I should, by CanJam time, have passed my state counseling exams, I will be able to help you with any emotional damage I cause this time around.
Nate, do not fall into their web of deceipt. They only want your dac for their own personal enjoyment. I want to share it will all who attend the meet. As you can see from poor thrice, they will resort to any method, physical and emotional to get what they want.

I intercepted one of their communications with The Dude:

The Dude: It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...
agile_one: I am the walrus.
The Dude: You know what I'm trying to say...
boomana: That ******* *****...
The Dude: Oh yeah!
agile_one: I am the walrus.

I'm telling you they can't be trusted.
post #208 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
Nate, do not fall into their web of deceipt. They only want your dac for their own personal enjoyment. I want to share it will all who attend the meet. As you can see from poor thrice, they will resort to any method, physical and emotional to get what they want.

I intercepted one of their communications with The Dude:

The Dude: It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...
agile_one: I am the walrus.
The Dude: You know what I'm trying to say...
boomana: That ******* *****...
The Dude: Oh yeah!
agile_one: I am the walrus.

I'm telling you they can't be trusted.
You're outta your league Donny.

DUDE, the Chinaman is NOT the issue. And please, Asian American is the preferred nomenclature.
post #209 of 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
Nate, do not fall into their web of deceipt.
Who needs a web of deceit when confusion is so much more efficient. I have no idea what you people are talking about.
post #210 of 678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomana View Post
Who needs a web of deceit when confusion is so much more efficient. I have no idea what you people are talking about.
The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07