Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 666

post #9976 of 12459

DSC_0078.jpg

 

 

 

 

My back-yard last night.

post #9977 of 12459

Sunrise after a rainy night (Liguria, Italy)

 

L9990295_HD.jpg

 

Click for HD-image (56k warning)

post #9978 of 12459

Downtown Toronto over a helicopter

Toronto Helicopter.jpg

Toronto From Helicopter.jpg

Downtown Toronto.jpg

Helicopter Over Toronto.jpg

post #9979 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckc View Post

Downtown Toronto over a helicopter

Toronto Helicopter.jpg

Toronto From Helicopter.jpg

Downtown Toronto.jpg

Helicopter Over Toronto.jpg

 

I ate at the place that turns slowly atop the needle shown in 2007. The bill for the six of us was well over $3000 due to the wine. The prime rib "piece" was giant and could maybe feed a family of 8, still being considered a single portion at the place. It was the largest single cut of prime rib I have ever seen anywhere. 

post #9980 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

Agreed!

 

 

Excellent!

 

 

See above.

 

 

 

Thank you! :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exediron View Post

Nice; was the girl in the tree taken with a film camera? It has a film-y look to it.

 

 

Thanks! Actually, no, it was with a 5DII + 70-200IS II I just wanted a film look to it! 

post #9981 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

I ate at the place that turns slowly atop the needle shown in 2007. The bill for the six of us was well over $3000 due to the wine. The prime rib "piece" was giant and could maybe feed a family of 8, still being considered a single portion at the place. It was the largest single cut of prime rib I have ever seen anywhere. 

 

I actually just ate there earlier this month and ordered the prime rib. Yes it is still giant, as was the bill. 


I absolutely loved the view and the slow turning. 

post #9982 of 12459

beerchug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckc View Post

 

I actually just ate there earlier this month and ordered the prime rib. Yes it is still giant, as was the bill. 


I absolutely loved the view and the slow turning. 

post #9983 of 12459

Some HDR I took yesterday, I hope you like these tongue.gif
 

IMG_07751_2_3_tonemapped.JPG

 

hdrpilvets.JPG

 

IMG_0585_6_7_tonemappeds.JPG

 

IMG_0674_5_6_fused.JPG

 

IMG_0713_4_5_tonemapped.JPG

 

IMG_0737_8_9_tonemapped.JPG

 

IMG_0776_2_3_tonemapped.JPG

post #9984 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

Sure. With the 21 there is a color shift at the long edges/corners due to the light angle/microlenses (not an issue with SLR lenses, just rangefinder lenses).

 

---

 

It's a cute little rig though (with the 21 especially) - in the end, the color shift doesn't really bother me that much. I'm going to see if I have the same problem with the CV 25mm - if not, that will probably become 99% the lens glued to this camera. 

 

 

 

I don't know if you've tried it, but I've seen some very successful results people have had by creating a corrective mask. There's a description in one of photozone's reviews here. I'm going to be trying the same thing on my X-Pro 1 soon (supposedly there's also built-in correction when using the Fuji M-Mount adapter, though it seems like a color mask made from the actual lens would be more accurate).

post #9985 of 12459

Some photos from the Easter parade in NYC

 

576833_3645391617320_80262473_n.jpg

 

Leica 21F3.4 SA (on loan from a buddy who I was shooting with that day), Film is the awesome Ilford pan-F+ @ISO50 with no filter. 

556095_3645404977654_1783098717_n.jpg

 

Voigtlander 35F1.7 Ultron with a green filter and sum fill flash

 

66432_3645403617620_816240601_n.jpg

 

Voigtlander 35F1.7 Ultron again. with the green filter and fill flash. I like this setup. 


Edited by nikongod - 6/25/12 at 7:22pm
post #9986 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by devwild View Post

 

I don't know if you've tried it, but I've seen some very successful results people have had by creating a corrective mask. There's a description in one of photozone's reviews here. I'm going to be trying the same thing on my X-Pro 1 soon (supposedly there's also built-in correction when using the Fuji M-Mount adapter, though it seems like a color mask made from the actual lens would be more accurate).

 

That's funny, I actually shot a few mask exposures today to do just that. If it works well, I'll build an action to do a base apply.

 

L

 

Update: demo below - it works pretty darn well. Kills both color cast and vignette. 

 

mask_demo.jpg


Edited by liamstrain - 6/25/12 at 9:43pm
post #9987 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon L View Post

Those are some very colorful sunsets.  Was there ND filter involved in the last 2 shots?  

 

As far as Canon and moving subjects, well, there's definitely room for improvement there still especially when using 2x teleconverter like I was with that shot.

 

Indeed, although not a grad one. I used a Tiffen (I think) variable ND filter.

 

And on the subject of teleconverters, I sympathize there. I almost always employ a teleconverter for wildlife work, and before I got the TC-20E III autofocus was a bit of an annoyance. That thing is a marvel, however, and focuses almost as fast and accurately as the 70-200 f/2.8 does without it. Tracking still isn't the best with the D7000, however - if I'm tracking a fast moving animal, when I click the shutter I almost always discover it changed focus to the chest of the animal without telling me. Supposedly the D4 handles teleconverters much better, but I'm not planning on getting one to find out.

 

----

 

Some wildlife from today's trip to the zoo:

 

Dylan Lees Photography - Bald Eagle

 

Dylan Lees Photography - Colorful Bird

 

Dylan Lees Photography - Tiger at Rest

 

Dylan Lees Photography - Tigers at Play

post #9988 of 12459
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

 

That's funny, I actually shot a few mask exposures today to do just that. If it works well, I'll build an action to do a base apply.

 

L

 

Update: demo below - it works pretty darn well. Kills both color cast and vignette. 

 

Nice! looking forward to getting mine to try :)

 

breached gate

 

burnt throat

post #9989 of 12459

DSC_0404 higher and lower 2.jpg

 

 

 

 

LOVE

post #9990 of 12459

Butterfly

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)