Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 7

post #91 of 12340
post #92 of 12340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towert7 View Post
Oh my goodness beerguy0, I love your cat!
It's soo cute looking! And what lovely colors!!!

Great pictures by the way. I especially like this one for the sharp detail and cool scene.
Thanks, Towert. He is a cutie, isn't he? He is also very photogenic. I have yet to take a bad shot of him. I think this shot is a touch over sharpened, but I do like this one a lot.

This one was taken the day we brought him home from the shelter. Still one of my favorite pics of him. I still use this as my wallpaper on my home PC.

(Taken with my Canon Pro 1)

post #93 of 12340
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post
what setting did you use with the point and shoot to get the wing in focus?

USG
I think I used manual mode with flash off, automatic metering, and spot focus.


Beerguy: nice shots, loving the sharpness.
post #94 of 12340
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxATOLxX View Post
I think I used manual mode with flash off, automatic metering, and spot focus.


Beerguy: nice shots, loving the sharpness.
Thanks for answering....

Do you have manual focus on your point and shoot??

USG
post #95 of 12340
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxATOLxX View Post
I think I used manual mode with flash off, automatic metering, and spot focus.


Beerguy: nice shots, loving the sharpness.
Thanks. Most of my smugmug images are unsharpened. I find that if I sharpen them they tend to look over sharpened when viewed, especially on LCDs. (I use CRTs at home.) Of the cat pics, only the one of Cosmo in the wrapping paper is sharpened.
post #96 of 12340
Thread Starter 


Art school.
post #97 of 12340
By Agnostic:



Agnostic, I saw that last pic and instantly thought about how it would look if the man were in silhouette. I have taken the liberty of bumping up the contrast and fiddling with the levels to try and get that look. There is some macroblocking, but iPhoto doesn't give you the control that photoshop allows.

I think it adds a bit of 'surrealness' to the image, like the birds are flying into the white nothingness and the man is looking on. I hope you like it, and I'll take this down lightning quick if you have any objections, Just pm me.
post #98 of 12340
OMG. That's just gorgeous...

Just shows what a little fiddling can get you.
post #99 of 12340
It's annoying when some choose to not follow the rules of the thread and quote with photos.

vagarach, you're an exception... nice editing on the silhouette!
post #100 of 12340
Thanks! I used the quote to highlight the fact that I didn't take that picture, just to make it very clear.
post #101 of 12340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb3k View Post
It's annoying when some choose to not follow the rules of the thread and quote with photos.
Thanks for telling us mb3k, now would you mind telling us WHY that rule is useful? For as we all know, A useless rule should not be put in place.
post #102 of 12340
Towert7,
It's useful and half the reason because the purpose of starting this second thread was because it's annoying to have to scroll left and right to read a post because there is one oversized picture on the page.
Also, when reading the newer posts, even with a high speed connection, the page keeps jumping when it loads each picture and you have to keep finding your place.
So, the original picture is good enough and if you want to quote or comment to someone, just preface it with their name.

There are many annoying posts, especially in Meet Impressions threads, when someone copies a post with 10 pictures in it and then says "Excellent" or some other 1-3 word comment.

Head-Fi has to host all of this bandwidth on it's servers and it taxes the system. That's also why conversation is limited in the "For Sale" forums.
post #103 of 12340
Stratton Mountain Summit



Salt River, Arizona



Wife's Garden Macro



post #104 of 12340

Need For Speed

Sleestack, Bozebuttons, and Wmcmanus with an Atom at the 2007 National (Wayne's has different options):



My bike on a beautiful Fall day:



Stax Frog:



April Scotch and Brownies apres meet party:



P.S.- I know these pictures don't hold a candle to the beautiful images portrayed in this thread, but it is a "post your photography" thread.
post #105 of 12340
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post
P.S.- I know these pictures don't hold a candle to the beautiful images portrayed in this thread, but it is a "post your photography" thread.
I wanna back this up. I hope cats don't think of this as a place that demands museum quality stuff. I like people's snap shots just as much as the other stuff (which is often truly fantastic).

Edit: Mcmanus is cute.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)