Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 892

post #13366 of 13374

Sorry for the high noise, I took this picture using ISO 12800 with my NEX-5T (kit lens). I never use ISO this high before, and it came out way over exposure. Then I read an article about recovering detail from over exposure shot, and decided to try it out. This is the result, Darktable is used to bring back details.

Can anyone here give tips for post processing Milky Way? Any Darktable user here?

Milky Way 1

 

This one is taken after total lunar eclipse.

Before the rain, after the Eclipse


Edited by jipan - Yesterday at 4:06 am
post #13367 of 13374

Reprocessed my lastest Swanlake. 

 

 

And a surreal pic of my son in mid air...

 

post #13368 of 13374

I've been watching a ton of youtube videos on retouching...so progress report :D

 

The original

 

 

 

 

The first edit I found acceptable. I used Capture One 8 for this.

 

 

 

 

This one was a combination of photoshop and lightroom. I used PS for frequency separation, and some healing brush work. Then LR for contouring (my girlfriend has been teaching me how to use makeup, and I'm trying to apply it to retouching).

 

 

post #13369 of 13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

I've been watching a ton of youtube videos on retouching...so progress report :D

 

This one was a combination of photoshop and lightroom. I used PS for frequency separation, and some healing brush work. Then LR for contouring (my girlfriend has been teaching me how to use makeup, and I'm trying to apply it to retouching).

 

I like the lips in the original better, but everything else looks great! :smile_phones:

post #13370 of 13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

I like the lips in the original better, but everything else looks great! :smile_phones:

 

:D:beerchug:

post #13371 of 13374

Just a few from today... (I'm going to stop posting all my pics on here because I'm very trigger happy haha - And this isn't the lugbug photo thread! You are all welcome to check out my flickr link in my sig for new ones :)

 

 

 

 

Lovin the D7000, I don't feel limited with this camera. The D90 is brilliant and deserves the cult following, but for folks like me who enjoy the processing part as much as the snapping it can be a little restricting. The level of shadow detail I'm uncovering is amazing with the D7000 - that top B&W photo was contrasted with the sun and the building was completely silhouetted on the original raw file. I have been able to draw all the original detail...  before I started to remove it again in my Noir fashion ha :D 

post #13372 of 13374

Eke2k6, I've had a good look at all 3 and the 1st and 3rd one are the best to my untrained eye.  The first one is the most natural, however the contrast is a little misty on the face in comparison to the 3rd. The 3rd one is better in respect that she looks even more beautiful. The lips are bright red - but she is wearing bright red lipstick! 

post #13373 of 13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipan View Post

Sorry for the high noise, I took this picture using ISO 12800 with my NEX-5T (kit lens). I never use ISO this high before, and it came out way over exposure. Then I read an article about recovering detail from over exposure shot, and decided to try it out. This is the result, Darktable is used to bring back details.
Can anyone here give tips for post processing Milky Way? Any Darktable user here?
Milky Way 1


This one is taken after total lunar eclipse.
Before the rain, after the Eclipse

Cheers!
post #13374 of 13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Reprocessed my lastest Swanlake. 




And a surreal pic of my son in mid air...



I like the swan photo. It has movement and still effects going on at the same time. The colors are great too. Love the reflections and how contrasts of white make the swan pop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)