Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 783

post #11731 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

Camera taking a picture of camera...hmmmm 

 

nice pic! xD

post #11732 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

Camera taking a picture of camera...hmmmm 

 

nice pic! xD

It's sort of my thing. I like people well enough, but I love taking pictures of objects and I love controlling my lighting. Some people hate the use of flash lights and strobes etc., but I totally dig it. It's my guilty thing.

post #11733 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

It's sort of my thing. I like people well enough, but I love taking pictures of objects and I love controlling my lighting. Some people hate the use of flash lights and strobes etc., but I totally dig it. It's my guilty thing.

I'm the kind of person who hates flashlights as well xD They just... makes everything look artificial vs the background...most of the time. Maybe I just need to learn how to control it next time xD

post #11734 of 12449

The best use of flash looks completely natural. It is easy to go overboard. But really talented photographers make it look great. Generally, however, portraiture is best with some serious thought to light, whether it be softened by windows and curtains, or by sheets, reflectors, or even flash. But then again, I'm a thing man, not a people man.

post #11735 of 12449

Frozen Charles River, never seen it like this for 20+ years in Boston.

 

post #11736 of 12449

http://lowkeyreality.deviantart.com/art/No-Title-423007285


Edited by Redcarmoose - 1/9/14 at 11:22pm
post #11737 of 12449

In Vino ... ;)

 

post #11738 of 12449

My favourite shot of 2013.

 

post #11739 of 12449
Very nice and creative.
post #11740 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondlin View Post
 

My favourite shot of 2013.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Definitely a cool shot.  Probably would prefer that the couple be closer so it's easier to recognize their face but the concept is great.

post #11741 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post
 

Definitely a cool shot.  Probably would prefer that the couple be closer so it's easier to recognize their face but the concept is great.

 

I think he was going for more negative space in the picture. It takes away emphasis from the couple, but gives the viewer a better window into their world at the moment...ambience. Sort of like this more extreme example below:

 

 

 

post #11742 of 12449

Or this :|

post #11743 of 12449

Decided to have a little fun with a lighting test:

 

post #11744 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

Decided to have a little fun with a lighting test:

 

Is that you!?

post #11745 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondlin View Post
 

My favourite shot of 2013.

 

Raymond, I remember when you first announced you were getting into wedding/engagement photography. You have come a long way. You were awesome back in the day, but your imagination and perseverance have paid off. Well done.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)