Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sub-$400 for Dubstep/EDM/Electro? Last post on 12/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony PCM-M10 vs Sony Walkman or s:flo/2 T51 and Olympus LS-11 Last post on 7/31/10 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- Olympus LS-11 playback SQ ????? Last post on 10/9/10 at 7:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting into photography Last post on 7/5/09 at 12:06am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
How To Create Your Own Board By Photo Etching
Last edited: 10/24/10
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 713
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Greetings from a fellow Pentaxian!
Took these shots yesterday evening in Central Milton Keynes. I've never shot architecture before, thought i'd have a go.
Pentax K-5 IIS and DA 15 Ltd
Edited by Hi-fi Wigwammer - 5/16/13 at 2:14am
Really like the first one but all of them are quite good.
Sun going down behind some dogwood flowers...
Hey, so you guys are pretty much the only people I can get honest advice on cameras and lenses (only photo friend has a bnuch of super expensive canon stuff, so everything in my price range is sh1t to him.), and I was wondering if this is a good lense:?
My other options (sub $250) are the Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 and the Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6. My current, and only lens is my stock Sony 18-70mm f/3.5/5.6, and it is GOD AWFUL. I need new glass!
Here's some recent shots from inside my school band's percussion room.
P.S. I'm going to New York and a cruise this summer, and I really want to have telephoto of some sort (200mm<=), and if getting a 70-300mm is my best option, I'll be fine using my current kit lens for anything sub 70mm.
Edited by AHorseNamedJeff - 5/21/13 at 3:13pm
At the end of the day, we are a headphone forum. I'd take the opinions of photo forums and from slobbering photo enthusiasts over our opinions any day of the week.
Most f/4,0 zooms were pretty good and Minolta has made some great glass. Having a fast full-time maximum aperture is great.
From what I see, it has swirly bokeh (I love this but it's personal) and is very sharp across the frame (most zooms in this category are). AF is considered 'slow' for some people. It relies on a screwdrive. Your camera has to have a fast screw drive motor in order for the AF to be fast. I don't know much about Sony cameras, but with Nikon, consumer bodies (D90 and up) generally have weak screw drive motors while professional bodies (D200/300 and up) have fast motors. My D800 focuses nearly instantaneously with the 'slow' AFD 80-200 Nikon lens (great great lens).
You might want to search around, see if you can hold one and test it before paying for one. If AF isn't important, you could also invest in a long prime. 200/2,8 primes aren't always that expensive. Same with 100-150 primes. My Nikkor primes are all Ai/S lenses and cost up to 360$, but are well well well worth it. The 180/2,8Ai/S ED is phenomenal.
Check out these reviews:
Impressions at photography review
Thanks! I've been researching this "BeerCan" for hours now, and I'm sold on it. It appears to be a legend, and with some on ebay going for as little as $115 in great condition, I can't imagine a better lens for this purpose.
- Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › JDS Labs custom build Objecitve 2 O2 /w RCA input with PYST 6" RCA... 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › PS Audio PerfectWave Memory Player (Transport - Black) - Warranty... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your speaker setup! 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)