Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sub-$400 for Dubstep/EDM/Electro? Last post on 12/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony PCM-M10 vs Sony Walkman or s:flo/2 T51 and Olympus LS-11 Last post on 7/31/10 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- Olympus LS-11 playback SQ ????? Last post on 10/9/10 at 7:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting into photography Last post on 7/5/09 at 12:06am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
How To Create Your Own Board By Photo Etching
Last edited: 10/24/10
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 713
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Greetings from a fellow Pentaxian!
Took these shots yesterday evening in Central Milton Keynes. I've never shot architecture before, thought i'd have a go.
Pentax K-5 IIS and DA 15 Ltd
Edited by Hi-fi Wigwammer - 5/16/13 at 2:14am
Really like the first one but all of them are quite good.
Sun going down behind some dogwood flowers...
Hey, so you guys are pretty much the only people I can get honest advice on cameras and lenses (only photo friend has a bnuch of super expensive canon stuff, so everything in my price range is sh1t to him.), and I was wondering if this is a good lense:?
My other options (sub $250) are the Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 and the Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6. My current, and only lens is my stock Sony 18-70mm f/3.5/5.6, and it is GOD AWFUL. I need new glass!
Here's some recent shots from inside my school band's percussion room.
P.S. I'm going to New York and a cruise this summer, and I really want to have telephoto of some sort (200mm<=), and if getting a 70-300mm is my best option, I'll be fine using my current kit lens for anything sub 70mm.
Edited by AHorseNamedJeff - 5/21/13 at 3:13pm
At the end of the day, we are a headphone forum. I'd take the opinions of photo forums and from slobbering photo enthusiasts over our opinions any day of the week.
Most f/4,0 zooms were pretty good and Minolta has made some great glass. Having a fast full-time maximum aperture is great.
From what I see, it has swirly bokeh (I love this but it's personal) and is very sharp across the frame (most zooms in this category are). AF is considered 'slow' for some people. It relies on a screwdrive. Your camera has to have a fast screw drive motor in order for the AF to be fast. I don't know much about Sony cameras, but with Nikon, consumer bodies (D90 and up) generally have weak screw drive motors while professional bodies (D200/300 and up) have fast motors. My D800 focuses nearly instantaneously with the 'slow' AFD 80-200 Nikon lens (great great lens).
You might want to search around, see if you can hold one and test it before paying for one. If AF isn't important, you could also invest in a long prime. 200/2,8 primes aren't always that expensive. Same with 100-150 primes. My Nikkor primes are all Ai/S lenses and cost up to 360$, but are well well well worth it. The 180/2,8Ai/S ED is phenomenal.
Check out these reviews:
Impressions at photography review
Thanks! I've been researching this "BeerCan" for hours now, and I'm sold on it. It appears to be a legend, and with some on ebay going for as little as $115 in great condition, I can't imagine a better lens for this purpose.
- Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 11 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Long time lurker 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › BeyerdynamicDT-990 Pro 250 ohm Scratch sound 3 minutes ago
- › Toot Sweet (It's Really Love) - Johnny Carson Theme Song. 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Could a moderate amount of steam coming from my shower hurt my open... 6 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 10 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 10 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3