Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sub-$400 for Dubstep/EDM/Electro? Last post on 12/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony PCM-M10 vs Sony Walkman or s:flo/2 T51 and Olympus LS-11 Last post on 7/31/10 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- Olympus LS-11 playback SQ ????? Last post on 10/9/10 at 7:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting into photography Last post on 7/5/09 at 12:06am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
How To Create Your Own Board By Photo Etching
Last edited: 10/24/10
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 710
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Oh my holy Zeus!!!!!!!!!! Bolt my Ass..... where can i get it from Jude?
Thanks for the comments. This just a review photo so I didn't helicon it or anything. However, the back of the case and the top do not disappear into the background. I wonder if your monitor is a tad bright. Mine is calibrated to the printer I use and the printer shows the back and the front, however the back is fuzzy as I didn't helicon the thing. I've noticed at the print shop that a lot of digital prints look dark and I think it is because people's monitors are too bright. I would go so far as to say they are almost 2x too bright.
Ah yes, I was on my work screen which is a bit bright. Looking at it on my normal editing monitor the whole side of the case is there. I often forget how bright my work monitor is.
I know what camera Jude is using, I want to see his light set is.
Camera schmamera. Any camera can make a great photo, and as long as it isn't 1:1 or needs perfectly straight lines, a cheapo lens can do the trick. The only things that really matter in product photography are lights and a good support system. That's it. I've seen some very good product photography taken with point and shoots - as long as they could control the light. I reckoned Jude used a simply one light solution as I love that, but he's a king with directional work. The man is stacked.
EDIT: I was trying to agree with you - and reply to AHorseNamedJeff. Sorry.
Thank you, Rosmadi! There'd have been no such shot without you. (I took several more photos of it, which I'll post later.)
Unfortunately, I don't think this particular edition of the MOMENTUM is going to be widely available. According to the Sennheiser / Infiniti Red Bull Racing announcement, "This limited edition [Sennheiser MOMENTUM] will be available to the [Infiniti Red Bull Racing] teams and its very special guests."
Again, thanks for the nice comments!
I was definitely using flashes--two studio flashes with a soft box on each. At f/22 with no windows in the room, there essentially is no light without flashes. I used the two flashes because I wanted the light to wrap a bit, but I also wanted that center dark gradient on the headband to show the headband's curved shape more clearly, and to also help show the texture of the brushed metal.
The shot settings were: 1/200 shutter, f/22, ISO 100. The lens is the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro. The one shot from this set I posted so far was handheld. With the small-aperture flash capture and the vibration reduction mechanism in the lens, I certainly wasn't shooting at 1/200 for reasons of camera shake. I just metered the lights, and had everything dialed in, and then used different shutter settings to tweak exposure from there--1/200 was just where I ended up for the look I was after in this shot (given all the other settings).
- Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 9 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › IEM Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Binaural Sound Demonstration 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for the most balanced detailed Sony IEM's. 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)