Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sub-$400 for Dubstep/EDM/Electro? Last post on 12/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony PCM-M10 vs Sony Walkman or s:flo/2 T51 and Olympus LS-11 Last post on 7/31/10 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- Olympus LS-11 playback SQ ????? Last post on 10/9/10 at 7:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting into photography Last post on 7/5/09 at 12:06am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
How To Create Your Own Board By Photo Etching
Last edited: 10/24/10
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 710
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm not sure--I'm flattered that you're asking, though! I'll look into it.
(Click to see full size.)
I think I posted this in the Nikon thread back when I took it.
This is the Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies 24/192 USB DAC and tube amp.
Oh my holy Zeus!!!!!!!!!! Bolt my Ass..... where can i get it from Jude?
Thanks for the comments. This just a review photo so I didn't helicon it or anything. However, the back of the case and the top do not disappear into the background. I wonder if your monitor is a tad bright. Mine is calibrated to the printer I use and the printer shows the back and the front, however the back is fuzzy as I didn't helicon the thing. I've noticed at the print shop that a lot of digital prints look dark and I think it is because people's monitors are too bright. I would go so far as to say they are almost 2x too bright.
Ah yes, I was on my work screen which is a bit bright. Looking at it on my normal editing monitor the whole side of the case is there. I often forget how bright my work monitor is.
I know what camera Jude is using, I want to see his light set is.
Camera schmamera. Any camera can make a great photo, and as long as it isn't 1:1 or needs perfectly straight lines, a cheapo lens can do the trick. The only things that really matter in product photography are lights and a good support system. That's it. I've seen some very good product photography taken with point and shoots - as long as they could control the light. I reckoned Jude used a simply one light solution as I love that, but he's a king with directional work. The man is stacked.
EDIT: I was trying to agree with you - and reply to AHorseNamedJeff. Sorry.
Thank you, Rosmadi! There'd have been no such shot without you. (I took several more photos of it, which I'll post later.)
Unfortunately, I don't think this particular edition of the MOMENTUM is going to be widely available. According to the Sennheiser / Infiniti Red Bull Racing announcement, "This limited edition [Sennheiser MOMENTUM] will be available to the [Infiniti Red Bull Racing] teams and its very special guests."
Again, thanks for the nice comments!
I was definitely using flashes--two studio flashes with a soft box on each. At f/22 with no windows in the room, there essentially is no light without flashes. I used the two flashes because I wanted the light to wrap a bit, but I also wanted that center dark gradient on the headband to show the headband's curved shape more clearly, and to also help show the texture of the brushed metal.
The shot settings were: 1/200 shutter, f/22, ISO 100. The lens is the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro. The one shot from this set I posted so far was handheld. With the small-aperture flash capture and the vibration reduction mechanism in the lens, I certainly wasn't shooting at 1/200 for reasons of camera shake. I just metered the lights, and had everything dialed in, and then used different shutter settings to tweak exposure from there--1/200 was just where I ended up for the look I was after in this shot (given all the other settings).
- Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above... 12 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone graphs and the purpose of the square wave. 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › DacMagic 100 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3