Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sub-$400 for Dubstep/EDM/Electro? Last post on 12/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony PCM-M10 vs Sony Walkman or s:flo/2 T51 and Olympus LS-11 Last post on 7/31/10 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- Olympus LS-11 playback SQ ????? Last post on 10/9/10 at 7:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting into photography Last post on 7/5/09 at 12:06am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
How To Create Your Own Board By Photo Etching
Last edited: 10/24/10
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 710
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Oh my holy Zeus!!!!!!!!!! Bolt my Ass..... where can i get it from Jude?
Thanks for the comments. This just a review photo so I didn't helicon it or anything. However, the back of the case and the top do not disappear into the background. I wonder if your monitor is a tad bright. Mine is calibrated to the printer I use and the printer shows the back and the front, however the back is fuzzy as I didn't helicon the thing. I've noticed at the print shop that a lot of digital prints look dark and I think it is because people's monitors are too bright. I would go so far as to say they are almost 2x too bright.
Ah yes, I was on my work screen which is a bit bright. Looking at it on my normal editing monitor the whole side of the case is there. I often forget how bright my work monitor is.
I know what camera Jude is using, I want to see his light set is.
Camera schmamera. Any camera can make a great photo, and as long as it isn't 1:1 or needs perfectly straight lines, a cheapo lens can do the trick. The only things that really matter in product photography are lights and a good support system. That's it. I've seen some very good product photography taken with point and shoots - as long as they could control the light. I reckoned Jude used a simply one light solution as I love that, but he's a king with directional work. The man is stacked.
EDIT: I was trying to agree with you - and reply to AHorseNamedJeff. Sorry.
Thank you, Rosmadi! There'd have been no such shot without you. (I took several more photos of it, which I'll post later.)
Unfortunately, I don't think this particular edition of the MOMENTUM is going to be widely available. According to the Sennheiser / Infiniti Red Bull Racing announcement, "This limited edition [Sennheiser MOMENTUM] will be available to the [Infiniti Red Bull Racing] teams and its very special guests."
Again, thanks for the nice comments!
I was definitely using flashes--two studio flashes with a soft box on each. At f/22 with no windows in the room, there essentially is no light without flashes. I used the two flashes because I wanted the light to wrap a bit, but I also wanted that center dark gradient on the headband to show the headband's curved shape more clearly, and to also help show the texture of the brushed metal.
The shot settings were: 1/200 shutter, f/22, ISO 100. The lens is the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro. The one shot from this set I posted so far was handheld. With the small-aperture flash capture and the vibration reduction mechanism in the lens, I certainly wasn't shooting at 1/200 for reasons of camera shake. I just metered the lights, and had everything dialed in, and then used different shutter settings to tweak exposure from there--1/200 was just where I ended up for the look I was after in this shot (given all the other settings).
- Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 27 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The ATH-CKS77..Big, roomy, detailed, balanced, n I am not just... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › WA7 " Hum " 3 minutes ago
- › DIY speaker from scratch, advice please. 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 5 minutes ago
- › New here - looking for advice on high end portable over / on ear... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)