Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sub-$400 for Dubstep/EDM/Electro? Last post on 12/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony PCM-M10 vs Sony Walkman or s:flo/2 T51 and Olympus LS-11 Last post on 7/31/10 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- Olympus LS-11 playback SQ ????? Last post on 10/9/10 at 7:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting into photography Last post on 7/5/09 at 12:06am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
How To Create Your Own Board By Photo Etching
Last edited: 10/24/10
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 703
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Technically, bears do not truly hibernate. Usually, only small rodents are the true hibernators.
Yes, for its low-light performance primarily.
For example, this one is 12,800 ISO (24mm, f/2.8, 1/20 shutter):
And this one is 40,637 ISO (14mm, f/2.8, 1/80 shutter):
As you might imagine from those settings, in real life it was quite a bit darker than it looks in that second photo.
It's a pretty versatile camera too (though large and heavy), and so I obviously also use it for more normal, low-ISO, much better lit scenarios:
(The headphone above is called Philips The CRASH.)
I fully admit that it's far more camera than I've got skill, but I've become very comfortable with its 40+ buttons and switches; and I really enjoy the latitude it affords, as far as flashless flexibility in a wide variety of lighting conditions.
When out and about, I found myself using the 35mm f/1.4 more than any other lens, so, for walking around, I picked up a much smaller, much lighter camera that's fixed at an equivalent of that focal length. I was carrying the big Nikon pretty much everywhere, but, after a year, it was a bit much (and way too noticeable in tighter social settings).
Nice (well, terrifying, actually) bear!
I've considered the D4 for the phenomenal low-light ability the modern FX sensors have - it would come in handy for my theater work - but I've never been able to justify it to myself, seeing as most of what I do is either wildlife (where I want a DX camera) or landscape (where I don't need the low-light ability). If I actually made serious money with my theater work it might be another story.
Tanah Lot Bali Island Indonesia
Playing around last night with the 18mm 1:3.5 NIKKOR serial # 191283
There's something I've been thinking about lately too... When I look at people's photos on the internet, most of them fall into two categories... static shots of nature (both wide and close) and cute pictures of babies and dogs. Now I like nature, babies and dogs as much as anyone else, but what's wrong with photos of grown up people? I find the photos that interest me the most are the ones that tell me a story... those ALWAYS involve people doing things... activity... going about their lives.
If an alien life form analyzed our photos to determine what the earth was like, they would think Earth consists of empty expanses of woodlands and water populated by a handful of babies and dogs.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 4/6/13 at 9:28pm
- Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" 46 seconds ago
- › Enjoy the summer while it lasts 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Oldest headphones you currently own and use. 4 minutes ago
- › Official X5 2nd gen "Coming Soon" Announcement 5 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Good quality 2.5mm plug? 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 338 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S0 added 05/30/15... 9 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions & Appreciation thread 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2