Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sub-$400 for Dubstep/EDM/Electro? Last post on 12/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony PCM-M10 vs Sony Walkman or s:flo/2 T51 and Olympus LS-11 Last post on 7/31/10 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- Olympus LS-11 playback SQ ????? Last post on 10/9/10 at 7:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Getting into photography Last post on 7/5/09 at 12:06am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
How To Create Your Own Board By Photo Etching
Last edited: 10/24/10
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 697
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The camera settings remained the same, and I pointed in that direction because the sun was to my left. I basically shot the first pic, put the hood on and shot the second as close to the original spot as possible. I didn't even move, I stood in the same position.
Looking at the exif data on your photos the first photo is f/20, 1/20sec, the second is f/25, 1/20sec. The smaller aperture (f/25) would probably be why the second shot is a little darker. Unless you put it in full manual mode the exposure is constantly being adjusted slightly by the camera.
Also, I noticed you are shooting in shutter priority at 1/20th of second, if you speed that up to about 1/60th then you won't have the motion blur like in the first photo, and the lens will be in it's sharpest aperture range - you'll get less of the color fringing and diffraction at f/5.6-f/11 than you do going even smaller like f/20. That's the best range on most lenses.
Microscope shots look prety cool.
I think this was a PAS staining off skin tissue:
And this is a simple squamous epithelium cell from my cheek using a PAP staining:
If anyone is interested I might take my (not very good) camera to school and use that to make a picture, this was my mobile phone.
Thanks for not getting flustered when I go off rambling on camera info - I've been helping friends lately learn the ins and outs of SLRs and mirrorless cameras so it's on my mind. :)
My new DIY macro rig is ridiculous. That's sugar on some spices, and this is not even close to the maximum magnification which is 7.5:1.
Check my Flickr for more of my photos
Edited by jbusuego - 3/9/13 at 5:22pm
It's nothing special, just a Canon 18-55mm kit lens reversed and with 60mm extension tubes. The camera is Canon 600D, I've been photographing for only about half a year, so nothing special there either
Here's some more Dubai:
- Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 second ago
- › Havi B6 ! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Garage 1217 "Project Ember" VS Schiit Lyr 2 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3