Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 689

post #10321 of 12499

Not all dogs are friendly..

 

EOSD1341bw

post #10322 of 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongod View Post

Christmas In Rockefeller Center

 

Click through for large

Saw the same picture in a photography book today, except at a slightly higher angle eek.gif

post #10323 of 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

Saw the same picture in a photography book today, except at a slightly higher angle eek.gif

 

Could you post a link to it please? 

Or snap a pic of it and post that (Note that someone else owns the rights, and you are only posting under fair use for comment or critique).

 

I don't want to compare myself to others, but I want to compare myself to others :)

post #10324 of 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongod View Post

 

Could you post a link to it please? 

Or snap a pic of it and post that (Note that someone else owns the rights, and you are only posting under fair use for comment or critique).

 

I don't want to compare myself to others, but I want to compare myself to others :)

Well, I was at Barnes and Noble earlier today and I was flipping through that book and I was like, "Where did I see that picture before?" lol

It was in this book here http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/getting-started-in-digital-photography-khara-plicanic/1113787830

If you want to, I can drop by there tomorrow again and get a picture of it if you'd like. 

post #10325 of 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

Well, I was at Barnes and Noble earlier today and I was flipping through that book and I was like, "Where did I see that picture before?" lol

It was in this book here http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/getting-started-in-digital-photography-khara-plicanic/1113787830

If you want to, I can drop by there tomorrow again and get a picture of it if you'd like. 

 

Thanks! 

 

No need to swing by for me, my local store has it and will be putting it on hold for me. I'l be able to skim through it tonight over a freshly prepared late. Yet another reason B&N is a zilion (nay, 12 zilion!) times better than Amazon. 


Edited by nikongod - 1/14/13 at 6:46am
post #10326 of 12499
_G206336.jpg
flickr
Samsung 18-55mm @ 35mm, f6.7. Weird drop off in sharpness (pixel peeping yes, but annoying) about 1/3 through frame from right.

--
Can't believe that the last time I uploaded something to flickr, it was November 21. I should get out more.
Edited by Planar_head - 1/14/13 at 6:35pm
post #10327 of 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planar_head View Post


flickr
Samsung 18-55mm @ 35mm, f6.7. Weird drop off in sharpness (pixel peeping yes, but annoying) about 1/3 through frame from right.

--
Can't believe that the last time I uploaded something to flickr, it was November 21. I should get out more.

I really like the b+w here.  Some people use it too much imo, but this is a perfect time to use it. 

post #10328 of 12499

 

Resistance is futile.

post #10329 of 12499

Been enjoying this thread immensely, so I though I'm gonna share some pictures I take using my humble Xperia P.

 

Waterline

 

Backyard

post #10330 of 12499

Another shot. This one using CyberShot mod a developer post on xda-developers.com.

 

Sunset in Borneo

post #10331 of 12499
Quote:
I really like the b+w here. Some people use it too much imo, but this is a perfect time to use it.

Hey jham1496, thanks for the feedback!

 

jipan, phones do pretty darn well in good light... I'm surprised myself how usable the pictures that I get out of smartphones when I try. Too bad the shutter button on mine is so hard to push down; it creates too much camera shake for me.

 

_G206412.jpg

flickr

Samsung GX-20 with Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 @ 4.8; post-processed with Lightroom with Kodachrome 25 preset.


Edited by Planar_head - 1/19/13 at 7:26am
post #10332 of 12499

post #10333 of 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipan View Post

Been enjoying this thread immensely, so I though I'm gonna share some pictures I take using my humble Xperia P.

 

 

 

 

"Western" smartphones are starting to catch up on the camera with the Japanese flip phones since they stopped their development back in 2010 and switched to smartphones.

 

Quality doesn't matter when you capture things that are breathtaking enough.

 

 

Straight from my phone, SH-10C.

post #10334 of 12499

Where was that?

post #10335 of 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Where was that?

 

Milan Cathedral in Italy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)