Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) - Page 678

post #10156 of 12439

Very nice debut operamatt.

post #10157 of 12439
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Since this is a photography thread, here's my desk after hours trying to A/B phones and study at the same time...

 

I wouldn't be able to do both at the same time. Don't even want background music while I'm working.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

Very nice debut operamatt.

 

x2.

post #10158 of 12439
Quote:

 

Originally Posted by grokit & james444 View Post

Very nice debut operamatt.

thanks for the compliments guys.

 

http://500px.com/operamatt

post #10159 of 12439

Shot this photo about 4 hours ago.

 

post #10160 of 12439

post #10161 of 12439
Watching you like a Hawk. DZ3C0402
post #10162 of 12439

Sony announces full-frame mirrorless camera RX1.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PahYRjX7kLA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

post #10163 of 12439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon L View Post

Sony announces full-frame mirrorless camera RX1.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PahYRjX7kLA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

 

 

That is a cool camera. It will be cool to see the photos it takes. Is that a 35mm lens then?

 

I like the new Fuji  X Pro 1 full frame mirorless    16 meg ...................................as it can use any old Leica, Pentax and Nikon lens you have laying around, and is full frame as well. Much bigger though! Almost seems like Sony is going for the same market share even though they are different? These are back-up pro-cameras.

 

 

post #10164 of 12439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

 

 

I like the new Fuji  X Pro 1 full frame mirorless    16 meg ...................................as it can use any old Leica, Pentax and Nikon lens you have laying around, and is full frame as well. Much bigger though! Almost seems like Sony is going for the same market share even though they are different? These are back-up pro-cameras.

 

 

 

 

I love the X-Pro 1, it isn't full frame though. It's APS-C (1.5/1.6 crop) - same as my Nex 7 - which is also brilliant with my old rangefinder glass. 

 

If the new Sony had interchangeable lenses and an EVF, I'd buy it. Though that 35/2 is pretty sweet, and honestly would probably live on there most of the time anyway. 

post #10165 of 12439

Yeah, if the X-Pro 1 (or the new X--E1) were full frame, I would have bought it already. The Zeiss 35 f/2 fixed lens should be good, but I am looking at my Canon 35mm f/1.4L and wish I could use it. But then Canon already spoiled our full frame hopes with the EOS-M announcement. Just can't get the big WIN for us Canon lens hoarders.

 

Anyway, here's a full frame shot.

 

DZ3C0377bw

post #10166 of 12439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon L View Post

Yeah, if the X-Pro 1 (or the new X--E1) were full frame, I would have bought it already. The Zeiss 35 f/2 fixed lens should be good, but I am looking at my Canon 35mm f/1.4L and wish I could use it. But then Canon already spoiled our full frame hopes with the EOS-M announcement. Just can't get the big WIN for us Canon lens hoarders.

 

Anyway, here's a full frame shot.

 

If it wasn't obvious from the photos I'm loving my X-Pro 1, and looking forward to next week's firmware update. I don't mind that it's not full frame, being a new system anyways. The excellent lenses make up for it. The only problem is not being able to properly utilize FF ultra wide angle lenses from other systems. I'm anxious to see how Fuji's 14mm will perform.

 

For the Sony the fixed lens is just crippling to me at that price. It's a curse to have that good/expensive of a sensor and not be able to put different glass in front of it.

 

As for the EOS-M, I don't really feel like that's Canon's serious entry into mirrorless - they are gearing it too tightly towards video. We may still see a FF mirrorless from them, but it's going to still be a couple years, after they've refreshed their lenses for size and performance on a contrast-detect / hybrid focus system.


Edited by devwild - 9/12/12 at 3:33pm
post #10167 of 12439

http://www.flickr.com/groups/xpro/discuss/72157629462041282/

 

 

An amazing plethora of glass they throw on the front of the X-Pro 1. eek.gif

post #10168 of 12439

the XE-1 and the new Sony Nex 6 both look pretty amazing. Almost make me regret getting the Nex 7... 

 

Almost. 

 

Redcarmoose - I love the flexibility of short throw mounts like the X-Pro (and Nex)... I've been using vintage LTM glass from the 50s, M glass from the 70s, Newer M-glass, FD/FL Canon glass, and old AI Nikon glass on this thing... lots of fun. My favorite lenses on it are an early 60s 35mm f1.8 canon LTM rangefinder lens, and a Cosina/Voightlander 21mm LTM rangefinder lens - they are so tiny and sharp!

 

If I could find a 24/25mm f2/2.8 rangefinder lens that didn't cost a grand, I'd be in heaven. 

post #10169 of 12439
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

the XE-1 and the new Sony Nex 6 both look pretty amazing. Almost make me regret getting the Nex 7... 

 

Almost. 

 

Redcarmoose - I love the flexibility of short throw mounts like the X-Pro (and Nex)... I've been using vintage LTM glass from the 50s, M glass from the 70s, Newer M-glass, FD/FL Canon glass, and old AI Nikon glass on this thing... lots of fun. My favorite lenses on it are an early 60s 35mm f1.8 canon LTM rangefinder lens, and a Cosina/Voightlander 21mm LTM rangefinder lens - they are so tiny and sharp!

 

If I could find a 24/25mm f2/2.8 rangefinder lens that didn't cost a grand, I'd be in heaven. 

 

I actually really liked seeing the edge distortion in some of those flicker streams in the discussion group for the X-pro. Just something fun about finding some off brand old Russian rangefinder lens and having the edge distortion and light fall-off make the image other-worldly. Who doesn't love an optical effect that looks better than photoshop? 

 

I guess you have to pay the geezal to get it all super clear.

post #10170 of 12439

1:1 magnification

 

DZ3C0441

 

 

1:2.5 magnification

 

DZ3C0447a

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly)