Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Pico - USB DAC/Amplifier From HeadAmp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pico - USB DAC/Amplifier From HeadAmp - Page 14

post #196 of 711
Hopefully the pic of my rendering is not so compressed for the official Preorder thread here.

And the volume knob is still being tweaked. Will be better than the one shown in that pic on Headwize.

-Ed
post #197 of 711
This looks like a very, interesting solution for laptop audio. Very, nice.
post #198 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Hopefully the pic of my rendering is not so compressed for the official Preorder thread here.

And the volume knob is still being tweaked. Will be better than the one shown in that pic on Headwize.

-Ed
Yeah, I think the compression of the image is taking away from its beauty.

Can't wait to see an actual photo. The rendering looks pretty sweet.
post #199 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlacker View Post
What do you mean you like the move better? The looks of it?
Skylab probably already picked his favorite amps.
I mean I like the looks of the Move better than the Pico. And I want to see a comparison of the Pico/Move/D1.
post #200 of 711
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
And the volume knob is still being tweaked. Will be better than the one shown in that pic on Headwize.

-Ed
Tweaked how?

By the way, very nice rendering.
post #201 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli View Post
I mean I like the looks of the Move better than the Pico. And I want to see a comparison of the Pico/Move/D1.
Ewwwww.
post #202 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli View Post
I mean I like the looks of the Move better than the Pico. And I want to see a comparison of the Pico/Move/D1.
I like how the Corda MOVE is very clean looking. However, I don't like the two-colored body. That being said, I think an actual photo of the finished Pico will look pretty nice and will probably win me over... but for nearly $300 more? I'm not so sure right now.

BTW, here's a better quality image of the rendition of the unit compared to a quarter. You can see how tiny it is, very exemplary of the "Pico" name.


Here's the (huge) full-size image of the rendition.
post #203 of 711
I like it! Is the power switch in the volume knob?
post #204 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by apnk View Post
I like it! Is the power switch in the volume knob?
That would be interesting, but I suspect it's in the back.
post #205 of 711
The power switch is built into the volume control

Peter, when I release the full set of specs for the Pico I think it will be clear that I am trying to set a low price for it

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #206 of 711
This Pico thingy seems interesting. Let's get this out and get some impressions started. Eagerly awaiting the Pico arrival.

I wonder if the Pico can compete with some of the better home amp offerings?

I'm also curious how the DAC fair against some of the DAC/AMP units out there such as Meier's Opera, Ibasso D1, etc...?
post #207 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
I like how the Corda MOVE is very clean looking. However, I don't like the two-colored body. That being said, I think an actual photo of the finished Pico will look pretty nice and will probably win me over... but for nearly $300 more? I'm not so sure right now.

BTW, here's a better quality image of the rendition of the unit compared to a quarter. You can see how tiny it is, very exemplary of the "Pico" name.


Here's the (huge) full-size image of the rendition.
Heheh. I was wondering how you found that pic. I guess the official preorder thread is up.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261440

-Ed
post #208 of 711
I can't get the image just an error message.

Jam
post #209 of 711
just got an email from justin saying the pre-order thread is up and even if you've emailed him a pre-order, to order again on the thread.
post #210 of 711
I'm just curious if the Pico is worth considering for someone who doesn't care about having a portable amp? I know that smaller parts = more expensive and possibly a lowering in quality, or can a Pico be a desktop replacement?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Pico - USB DAC/Amplifier From HeadAmp