New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

knife-fi? - Page 11

post #151 of 1746
I normally use a razor blade to make my main ring, then I use a set of wire strippers for the small stuff. A razor blade hurts on the fingers to use though, but it is my favorite + most accurate way I have done it.
post #152 of 1746
Here are some of my toys.







post #153 of 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post
I normally use a razor blade to make my main ring, then I use a set of wire strippers for the small stuff. A razor blade hurts on the fingers to use though, but it is my favorite + most accurate way I have done it.
You try using an exacto knife for that? They have some hawkbill style blades that'd make short work of cable insulation. Also quite a bit easier on the hands.
post #154 of 1746
Thanks Marvin, I appreciate the tip!
post #155 of 1746
I'm not much of a knife person so I only have a couple switchblade stilletos for carry. Here's the 11" one I just got...

post #156 of 1746
No pictures (too lazy to dig all my knives out and take pics). I'm more a fixed-blade person myself.

Folders - CRKT My Tighe, SOG Rainbow Chive, Spyderco Salt I.

Fixed blades - Ka-bar Warthog, CKRT Hissatsu, Buck Nighthawk (hardly use it, but it looks cool), Buck skinning knife, Buck gutting knife, Schrade skinner.

I also have one custom tomahawk and another one lined up, a flanged mace, and a leaf-blade gladius around here somewhere.
post #157 of 1746
post #158 of 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodduska View Post
That is indeed scary ...
post #159 of 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodduska View Post


I just hope we don't get crooks running around with those... One stab in the abdomen and it's basically a fatal one
post #160 of 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akabeth View Post


I just hope we don't get crooks running around with those... One stab in the abdomen and it's basically a fatal one
It'd have to be a pretty dumb crook. Why spend $400 for a knife when a $4 improvised bang stick will work exponentially better?
post #161 of 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin View Post
It'd have to be a pretty dumb crook. Why spend $400 for a knife when a $4 improvised bang stick will work exponentially better?
Or when any normal knife will be just as fatal.

I saw these knives marketed towards backpackers/hunters/bushpilots who would need something like that to dissuade a bear from furthering any attack they made. Assuming your head was still connected to your shoulders by the time you got close enough to use it.
post #162 of 1746
A picture of my small collection:




Click for details.
post #163 of 1746

William Henry Collection

I've been informally collecting knives for many years, but the other day I happened across a few whose workmanship and overall beauty really impressed me.




I ended up taking two home.

This one:




And this one:





post #164 of 1746
Willam Henry knives are beautiful.

I just can't bring myself to have a shelf queen with anything. If I buy it, I'm going to carry it and use it.

I still have my Benchmade Ritter Mini-Griptilian. I have been tempted to get a Chris Reeves Mnandi, but have repeatedly talked myself out of buying one.
post #165 of 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicLemming View Post
Or when any normal knife will be just as fatal.

I saw these knives marketed towards backpackers/hunters/bushpilots who would need something like that to dissuade a bear from furthering any attack they made. Assuming your head was still connected to your shoulders by the time you got close enough to use it.
LOL, the infamous Cougar vs. Knife / Handgun threads had me laughing on the knife forums.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home