New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

knife-fi? - Page 93

post #1381 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickmonk View Post

I have a mini-barrage, and I'm quite fond of it. It's perfect for an EDC knife, although it terrifies me to think of losing such a nice knife. It's sturdy, sharp, quick, and not too obnoxious looking to have in my pocket as I'm out and about. It's good to have a knife you can use to open a letter without getting the cops called on you or scaring some little old lady.


I'm glad I live in a smaller town with a lot of hunters. carrying a 5-8inch knife is a normal thing. BALI-SONG YEAHA!!!

post #1382 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

I like Shun knives... my favorite Santoku and utility knife on my chopping block are Shun classics. Not sure I would ever have use for that particular profile.

You would be very surprised.

Disclaimer: I have very big hands, so that handle was designed for me.

If you cook with meat, then I am sure you have encountered some times where there is a crap ton of fat or tendon on the meat that makes for an unpleasant meal. With that curve in the blade, it is super easy to just draw your blade and cut through all of the parts that the idiot butcher left behind.

I also like to get really think slices of meat to wrap rice in. Then I roll it around on a Japanese wood grill to make a sort of inside out sushi.

In short, any time you want to work with meat, this knife makes it soooo freaking easy.
post #1383 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickmonk View Post

I have a mini-barrage, and I'm quite fond of it. It's perfect for an EDC knife, although it terrifies me to think of losing such a nice knife. It's sturdy, sharp, quick, and not too obnoxious looking to have in my pocket as I'm out and about. It's good to have a knife you can use to open a letter without getting the cops called on you or scaring some little old lady.

Nice knife with a nice thwack sound upon opening. But would think twice about opening it in public, even just two-handed. The sheeple, for the most part, are scared of knives like this.
post #1384 of 1770
Thread Starter 

1000

post #1385 of 1770

I like a good blade, but don't get to wear them often enough (unfortunately my workdays find me in a suit and tie- yep, can't bring a blade to work).  On the weekends I like to keep one handy- they're great for slicing apples, shaving, and warding off British imperialism.

post #1386 of 1770

I always carry around at least a small knife even when I am at work because I have just always had one on me from when I was in the boy scouts.  http://dx.com/p/cool-folding-credit-card-style-safety-knife-black-145623     This is an awesome knife and insanely sharp but fits in a wallet and has saved my ass several times not to mention they are cheap enough to buy several of them.

post #1387 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

1000

 

mmm.... Chris Reeve and a Jens ANSØ? Sir.. I appreciate your taste in blades.

 

What is that top one? It almost looks like a modded DDR3

post #1388 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

1000

 

Very nice Chris!

 

Here's all of my "Get the job done with no frills"...

 

 

post #1389 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCYC5 View Post

 

Very nice Chris!

 

Here's all of my "Get the job done with no frills"...

 

 

Im gunna guess a hipoint 9mm, and Zero Tolerance ummm something. Cant remember what. 

post #1390 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

Im gunna guess a hipoint 9mm, and Zero Tolerance ummm something. Cant remember what. 

 

Ok, no frills, but I wouldn't ever go Hipoint :P

 

It's a Glock 17. Actually my competition Glock 17, hence the huge magwell...

 

That is a ZT0350.

post #1391 of 1770
I approve of this thread biggrin.gif. My main edc is a Benchmade 710-2. I own many more but it gets 90% pocket time.
post #1392 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDewey View Post

I approve of this thread biggrin.gif. My main edc is a Benchmade 710-2. I own many more but it gets 90% pocket time.

And i approve your edc :D.

 

I'm in a similar situation with my 705-02. It's the perfect size for my hands and its not to big in the pocket. I love the look and build of the 705/710. Probably my favorite Benchmade design.

post #1393 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongol View Post


Nice knife with a nice thwack sound upon opening. But would think twice about opening it in public, even just two-handed. The sheeple, for the most part, are scared of knives like this.

Thanks, I'll keep the two handed thing in mind! Although living in a fairly rural area, it's almost expected that everyone, even in college, carries a knife at least in their backpack/purse.

post #1394 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickmonk View Post

Thanks, I'll keep the two handed thing in mind! Although living in a fairly rural area, it's almost expected that everyone, even in college, carries a knife at least in their backpack/purse.


Yeah, I know that feel.

me at work "awww damn, my knife was in my other coat!, anyone got one"

everyone had one. I wouldn't say we are a rural area but we are a smaller town.

post #1395 of 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post


Yeah, I know that feel.
me at work "awww damn, my knife was in my other coat!, anyone got one"
everyone had one. I wouldn't say we are a rural area but we are a smaller town.

It's funny. My grandad and dad always carried pocket knives. I always thought it's what a man does. Where I live (urban sprall) it seems rare. No wonder the most common injury is from blister packs. Suckers... Hahaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home