New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

knife-fi? - Page 81

post #1201 of 1747

My latest knife purchase:

 

tighe brkr.jpg

 

Tighe Tiny Breaker, so far I like this knife. Well crafted and fits well in my hands.


Edited by warubozu - 4/5/12 at 3:13pm
post #1202 of 1747

eek.gif I was just stropping my 940 osbourne when i found this thread.  Rock on.

post #1203 of 1747
Thread Starter 

post #1204 of 1747

Just picked up an Eka Swede 8 to use when packing up wares.. (or atleast that how i motivate the purchase)

So right now i'm having this in my knifebag:

An Akifusa 24cm gyoto, SRS-15 PM
A Gesshin Ginga 24cm Gyoto, laser. White 2 steel
A Fu-rin-ka-zan Nakiri, White 1
A Kagayaki Santoku, Aogami super
A kagayaki petty, VG10
A few Karlsson Nilsson knives and some beaters. Have i forgotten something..


Edited by HK47 - 4/7/12 at 1:14pm
post #1205 of 1747

http://imgur.com/a/Md6tI and some pics, i'm too lazy to tag them all..

post #1206 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapefruit View Post

eek.gif I was just stropping my 940 osbourne when i found this thread.  Rock on.


94X Osborne bro fist!

 

post #1207 of 1747
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocswing View Post


94X Osborne bro fist!

 


I was digging through my pictures to find the last 94x I had, honestly it's the best knife in town. I'd prefer it to the CRK Seb if only they were a little more prestigious for long term collectors to have hahaha..

 

 

026.JPG

post #1208 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post


I was digging through my pictures to find the last 94x I had, honestly it's the best knife in town. I'd prefer it to the CRK Seb if only they were a little more prestigious for long term collectors to have hahaha..

 


They really are amazing EDCs, great materials and well put together. I've had the 943BK with the clip-point blade (stock image included) for over 6 years now and while there are some scratches it still functions like it was new. No looseness and super smooth! 

 

21KZF5SFYVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

 

As far as collecting goes there was always the one made entirely out of damascus. bigsmile_face.gif http://www.benchmade.com/products/940DM

 


Edited by ocswing - 4/8/12 at 12:57am
post #1209 of 1747

Did you get that from Derek? He's a good guy!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warubozu View Post

My latest knife purchase:

 

tighe brkr.jpg

 

Tighe Tiny Breaker, so far I like this knife. Well crafted and fits well in my hands.



 

post #1210 of 1747
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocswing View Post


They really are amazing EDCs, great materials and well put together. I've had the 943BK with the clip-point blade (stock image included) for over 6 years now and while there are some scratches it still functions like it was new. No looseness and super smooth! 

 

21KZF5SFYVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

 

As far as collecting goes there was always the one made entirely out of damascus. bigsmile_face.gif http://www.benchmade.com/products/940DM

 


Wow! I wouldn't mind having that in my collection.

 

The thing about BM Gold Class knives is that you could pretty much buy a Sebenza for the money. I was on the fence between buying my first one some time ago and the M4 blade steel, carbon fiber handled gold class griptilian that came on the market for $400

 

 

 

post #1211 of 1747

 

IMG_20120409_111549.jpg

 

Here is my current collection of knives... from left to right: Spyderco Paramilitary II [standard], Paramilitary II w/ S-35VN steel [sprint run], Paramilitary II w/ M390 steel [sprint run], Spyderco Superleaf, Spyderco Stretch w/ ZDP-189 Steel, Benchmade 890 Torrent, SOG Arcitech Damascus, SOG Aegis Plain edge, SOG Aegis Tanto.

post #1212 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by au5t3n5 View Post

Did you get that from Derek? He's a good guy!
 



 


No, got it from a local knife dealer who made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

 

post #1213 of 1747

Oh... lol. The picture is one form Derek or very similar to his style, he takes all the pictures of his knives on his jeans...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warubozu View Post


No, got it from a local knife dealer who made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

 



 

post #1214 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocswing View Post


They really are amazing EDCs, great materials and well put together. I've had the 943BK with the clip-point blade (stock image included) for over 6 years now and while there are some scratches it still functions like it was new. No looseness and super smooth! 

 

21KZF5SFYVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

 

As far as collecting goes there was always the one made entirely out of damascus. bigsmile_face.gif http://www.benchmade.com/products/940DM

 


The 943bk was my first choice, but noone was carrying it at the time.  When I opened up the box to my 940 and saw that the handle was green with a purple liner (the online pics made it look black) I almost returned it.  Right now I'm glad i didn't.  It's been 4 years and there's not one bit of slop and it works just like new! S30v's some great stuff too biggrin.gif. I'll post up my full collection soon.

 

post #1215 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by au5t3n5 View Post

Oh... lol. The picture is one form Derek or very similar to his style, he takes all the pictures of his knives on his jeans...
 



 



Yup, the pic isn't mines.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home