New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

knife-fi? - Page 77

post #1141 of 1762

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by motrix View Post

the x-24 is quite the beast but i can't bring myself to pick up the 24.  which busse are you after?
 

 



 

 

 

 

Actually I'm waffling all over the place right now, but there are a few contenders--the Batac CG, Ash 1 LE (there may be others). Its been a steep learning curve at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of the basic inventory. Glad I've been patient (sort of), and familiarized with sales and availability, to try to avoid high mark ups. I'm possibly looking at a set over the next couple of years, so each one could determine its next in line. Hoping to avoid false starts. There's motivation to get at least one new from the shop. 

 

The Hinderers--awesome, but it looks like I came to the show somewhat late price-wise.

 

 

 

 


Edited by pigmode - 1/8/12 at 9:24pm
post #1142 of 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

 



 

 

 

 

Actually I'm waffling all over the place right now, but there are a few contenders--the Batac CG, Ash 1 LE (there may be others). Its been a steep learning curve at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of the basic inventory. Glad I've been patient (sort of), and familiarized with sales and availability, to try to avoid high mark ups. I'm possibly looking at a set over the next couple of years, so each one could determine its next in line. Hoping to avoid false starts. There's motivation to get at least one new from the shop. 

 

The Hinderers--awesome, but it looks like I came to the show somewhat late price-wise.

 

 

 

 


Both great choices.....a lot of my busse's come and go but both those two stayed with me.

 

photo-2.JPG

 

Yeah, the Hinderer's have huge mark up and unless your military, law enforcement, or a fireman, it's hard to get one reasonably priced.

 

post #1143 of 1762
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrix View Post


Both great choices.....a lot of my busse's come and go but both those two stayed with me.

 

photo-2.JPG

 

Yeah, the Hinderer's have huge mark up and unless your military, law enforcement, or a fireman, it's hard to get one reasonably priced.

 


Great collection, they're a little out of my price range (I think?) but I am looking at a BRKT... just don't know which one.

 

I did score something this weekend though... I've been bad.

 

DSC01870.jpgDSC01869.jpgDSC01871.jpg

 

So yeah I'm that weird guy sitting in the back of the class with the Grados around his neck and the Strider in his pocket...

 

I'm nice if you ever have a conversation with me though haha

 

post #1144 of 1762

^ What bothers *me* about liner locks, is with a serious grip I tend to compress the liner deep.

post #1145 of 1762

I am actually looking at the ZT 056x... but I just got a Strider SnG DGG, so I think I'm good in that department. smile.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motrix View Post

 

yeah...all these different hobbies are dangerous.  especially when you start spending too much time on forums...thats when you know your in trouble.  you should check out the zero tolerance/hinderer collaboration, the 550.  very reasonably priced, well much lower than a x18.  i'm pretty set on my firearms/knives/and photography equipment so now im starting to concentrate on audio :)
 

 



 

post #1146 of 1762

My father made this for me about a long time ago--it was used to quarter Yellowfin/Bigeye Tuna (Ahi) for sashimi. Its good for up to 150 lb. Any bigger Ahi went straight to the fish auction.

 

 

DSC00342.JPG

 

DSC00344.JPG

 

DSC00345.JPG

 

 

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7926/dsc00345yk.jpg

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9229/dsc00342y.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7941/dsc00344si.jpg

post #1147 of 1762

She arrived today...and she is stunning :O

 

P1110182.JPG

 

P1110183.JPG

 

P1110185.JPG

post #1148 of 1762

This unused SAR3 came in not too long ago. Pretty sweet but I haven't decided to keep it yet.

 

 

 

img0001svv.jpg

 

 

 

 

Edited by pigmode - 1/12/12 at 7:59pm
post #1149 of 1762

aw man. ive been looking at the sar3, looks like a great knife. but i dont carry fixies, heck i cant even get myself to carry my strider sng in a leather belt sheath. sigh.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

This unused SAR3 came in not too long ago. Pretty sweet but I haven't decided to keep it yet.

 

 

 

img0001svv.jpg

 

 

 

 


 

post #1150 of 1762

It would be a pack knife for hiking. Have ordered a kydex sheath with a tek-loc. The tek-loc looks bulky, but the eyes in the kydex should work for lashing to a water bladder pack. 

post #1151 of 1762
Thread Starter 

Aww wut... it's done. Thing cost me all my money but who cares I'm a made man now!

 

Balisong #66 b.jpg

post #1152 of 1762

Right on, dude! Blade length? Materials?

post #1153 of 1762

333.jpg335.jpg327.jpg

 

Kershaw Offset - G10 scales + Kershaw Tyrade - Titanium handle with Carbon Fibre scales.  


Edited by cogsand gears - 1/16/12 at 12:54pm
post #1154 of 1762

2011-07-24 13.01.32.jpg2011-07-24 13.01.14.jpg

 

Muela Magnum.

 

2011-07-24 13.00.01.jpg2011-07-24 12.59.27.jpg

 

Gil Hibben Alaskan Survival. I like this one so much I have a 1:1 scale tattoo of it on my leg... Well a half finished (for the last 2 1/2 years!) tattoo of it.

post #1155 of 1762

I've been carrying a benchmade BM-960 for the last 6 years almost without fail. (had to carry something else while I was in england for a couple weeks). also have a leatherman juice cs4 in my other pocket. I keep a RAT cutlery izula in my jacket (great knife!) and a RAT cutlery RC-5 in my car/ on camping trips. 

 

picture of my izula (top) and RC-5 (middle) with my friends RC-6 (bottom)

 

DSCF0633.jpg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home