Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › New Ipods on September the 5th!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Ipods on September the 5th!! - Page 2

post #16 of 351
Just rumors, I assume... But sound nice.
post #17 of 351
Two Words: Optical Out
post #18 of 351
Fanboys rejoice...prepare your wallets for some MASSIVE lightening by Jobs...I for one, will be eyeing the Refurb store on Apple.com cause all the Nanos and other ipods will get rediculously cheap like the OG shuffle did...yay for cheapskates like me!
post #19 of 351
just need two things

longer battery life and optical out.
post #20 of 351
I want optical output too. But seriously, i don't believe it ...
post #21 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn View Post
Fanboys rejoice...prepare your wallets for some MASSIVE lightening by Jobs...I for one, will be eyeing the Refurb store on Apple.com cause all the Nanos and other ipods will get rediculously cheap like the OG shuffle did...yay for cheapskates like me!
hehe

im tryn to sell my current 5.5g 80gb ipod in anticipation of a more superior pod next week!
post #22 of 351


My guess.
post #23 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by arevalo View Post


My guess.
eww - also note how its a psd!

im jus hopin they dont ruin the iPod!
post #24 of 351
The Nano is one of the biggest selling products because of its form factor and simplicity. To replace it with an ugly and wider device is market suicide. On the other hand, its announced that there will be FOUR models to be announced on the fifth. So that's the shuffle, nano, full-sized ipods and............ that pod in your pic. It's said that it'll be the resurrection of the Mini but that's still a rumour and who knows what Jobs would call it. That supposedly Mini would sport the gen5.5's screen with bumped resolution and colors. It will be the flash video dap that would be above 8gigs. Conservative assumptions said 16gigs while fanboys were screaming 32.

I believe the Nano would still retain its lineup and form factor but bumped to 16gigs. It will, as usual, be priced competitively against the flash devices that had been surfacing (for that mass market of simple joes). If we'll see it to have video functionality, that would be nice, but I doubt it because of several factors. Some few developments like more java games, battery life (one added hour? ) or shorter by a couple cm was rumoured.

The iPods would have bumped capacities. Conservative assumption is 100gigs while some say it would be 120 and fanboys are craving 160. I think Jobs would try to give us good prices of upto $399 due to competition. The lower capacity would either be 30 or 60 for lower price as well. These iPods will have the iPhone screens but I doubt wi-fi would be implemented at this time. They are still developing their iPhone status and its a no brainer to make the iPod compete against Job's beloved iPhone market. Wi-Fi on the other hand would be continually developed for the iPhone and I wont be surprised if they will announce iTunes Wi-Fi for the iPhone on the 5th. The 7th gen iPod has the possibility of the Wi-Fi upgrade next year. December's Zune mk2 will push that .


Here’s my list (with Job's style of nines):

Shuffle: 1gb $59, 2gb $89

Nano: 4gb $129, 8gb $179, 16gb $219

Mini Video: 8gb $199, 16gb $259

iPod: 30gb $299, 100gb $399


The new pods definitely look sweet. But no iMod, no go for me. Those looking for a pocket video gadget would be happy next month, though.
post #25 of 351
Here's my guess on pricing of the iPod after 5 September 2007:

iPod shuffle

1 GB--US$69
2 GB--US$99

iPod nano

If using current case

4 GB--US$149
8 GB--US$199
16 GB--US$249

if using new, smaller case

4 GB--US$149
8 GB--US$199

iPod mini

8 GB-US$249
16 GB--US$299
32 GB--US$349*

6G iPod video

80 GB HD--US$299
120 GB HD--US$349
160 GB HD--US$399*

* These two models come out early 2008.

The new 6G iPod video will have a full-screen display with touchscreen interface, in your choice of iPhone style or emulated Click Wheel style. Sorry, no Wi-Fi due to cost and potential security issues.

There will be a new version of iTunes (Version 7.5), essentially 7.3.2 with more hardware support and stability improvements.
post #26 of 351
Quote:
The new 6G iPod video will have a full-screen display with touchscreen interface, in your choice of iPhone style or emulated Click Wheel style. Sorry, no Wi-Fi due to cost and potential security issues.
...and when will Vinnie be able to imod it?
post #27 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Def View Post
...and when will Vinnie be able to imod it?
he better expand his audience since i_Pod will not be king *FOREVER*
post #28 of 351
with as many sold and still selling it will be a long time before or if
their dethroned.
post #29 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post
he better expand his audience since i_Pod will not be king *FOREVER*
Everybody prays for that (I pray for Zune to release a 160gb widescreen with uncrippled wi-fi for half the price of an iPod that runs on car batteries for a year). Even if Zune will release a killer product on the holidays, it takes more R&D muscle to kill the iPod's success.
post #30 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoMan101 View Post
Here's my guess on pricing of the iPod after 5 September 2007:

iPod shuffle

1 GB--US$69
2 GB--US$99

iPod nano

If using current case

4 GB--US$149
8 GB--US$199
16 GB--US$249

if using new, smaller case

4 GB--US$149
8 GB--US$199

iPod mini

8 GB-US$249
16 GB--US$299
32 GB--US$349*

6G iPod video

80 GB HD--US$299
120 GB HD--US$349
160 GB HD--US$399*

* These two models come out early 2008.

The new 6G iPod video will have a full-screen display with touchscreen interface, in your choice of iPhone style or emulated Click Wheel style. Sorry, no Wi-Fi due to cost and potential security issues.

There will be a new version of iTunes (Version 7.5), essentially 7.3.2 with more hardware support and stability improvements.
1GB Shuffle and 2GB shuffle is WAYYYYYYY too overpriced there.
Much better players exist for much less, even now so I doubt Apple would be stupid enough to do that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › New Ipods on September the 5th!!